328 replies to this topic

Ahmed Salah AIS

Ahmed Salah AIS

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Programming and Drawing
Looks like you are happy with that so good for you !

brutalMac

brutalMac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Thank you)

It seems that I have 32 bit color in general, but with some strange colours and gradients in os x interface.

Ahmed Salah AIS

Ahmed Salah AIS

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Okay we are getting you closer to converge to our problems :D.

Not relevant but the issue (of 16-bit gradients) I'm still having not only occuring at System sleep/wake, Display sleep/wake, but also while trying to connect an external monitor. Basically, any process for turning off the display then turning it on without rebooting the system will cause the issue. Something changes when display is turned off and doesn't get changed back when it is on again.

panybbib

panybbib

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Okay we are getting you closer to converge to our problems :D.

Not relevant but the issue (of 16-bit gradients) I'm still having not only occuring at System sleep/wake, Display sleep/wake, but also while trying to connect an external monitor. Basically, any process for turning off the display then turning it on without rebooting the system will cause the issue. Something changes when display is turned off and doesn't get changed back when it is on again.

you could try to modify the bios, intel HD4600 vbios and uefi driver (GOP) could be updated to the latest.

Ahmed Salah AIS

Ahmed Salah AIS

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

you could try to modify the bios, intel HD4600 vbios and uefi driver (GOP) could be updated to the latest.

Thank you for that but have you done that so you don't have an issue? Say connect an external display then try to restart will it do so?

panybbib

panybbib

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Thank you for that but have you done that so you don't have an issue? Say connect an external display then try to restart will it do so?

Actually, I don't have the 16-bit color issue, both internal and external displays have a smooth color gradient, but restart problem is existing if display sleep/wake occured as you described. 

Have you tried to inject your LCD EDID?

brutalMac

brutalMac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Have you tried to inject your LCD EDID?

could you please provide info how to do that?

panybbib

panybbib

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

could you please provide info how to do that?

Here is a tool: FixEDID V2.3.2, Application to generate overrides automatically for Apple Displays

useletters

useletters

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Hey guys. I'm back to Windows 8.1 Though I'll still stick around :3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy