Laptop - Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p - 10.9 - Mavericks

useletters

332 posts in this topic

@ Ahmed Salah AIS 

Thank you!
I am currently trying to install kext, but I did not know how to install kext, I'm looking for methods. 
But on DSDT, I made ​​some progress,I am a linux programmer. Under linux I get the DSDT, and decompile it, try to modify it wrong

@ Ahmed Salah AIS 

On Hackintosh development, I was a novice , I'm trying to learn.

Okay thanks. Seems like I have to install the kext on S/L/E, clover alone doesn't work properly. THANKS!

Yep, some kexts refused to work as intended while injected by Clover and I had to install thme in /S/L/E which I don't understand why.

@ Ahmed Salah AIS 

Thank you!
I am currently trying to install kext, but I did not know how to install kext, I'm looking for methods. 
But on DSDT, I made ​​some progress,I am a linux programmer. Under linux I get the DSDT, and decompile it, try to modify it wrong

@ Ahmed Salah AIS 

On Hackintosh development, I was a novice , I'm trying to learn.

Good. Just take your time to learn and you'll progress eventually.

Alright, good luck!

Just an update about the two things I wanted to fix about sleep/wake :

• Fix graphics distortion after wake from sleep
  • Fix Restart malfunctioning after wake from sleep

It turns out the problems related precisely with display sleep/wake as once the display turned off and return on these issues occure . The process of sleeping and waking display is of course part of the whole system sleep/wake but it can be reproduced even without sleeping the system. For example, if we set one of the hot corners (System Preferences -> Desktop & Screen Saver -> Screen Saver) to Put Display to Sleep, the issue will happen though the system is never sleep.

So now I'm sure it's not sleep issue and our system sleeps perfectly. It's problem with wake function for the display and might need a DSDT patch for this.

Wtf. -_- I'm back to square one with graphics. I get distorted display -_-

Edit:

I had to start from quite a scratch. Getting graphic artifacts on menu bar though. hmm.

Just applying the graphic patch tho, I hope it fixes the problem..

Edit1:

Still having said graphical issues..

Edit2:

I had to boot with

0x0a260000
to get rid of the graphical issue.

Seems nice..

I really wonder how you can use this id 0a260000. It doesn't work to me at all.

Probably my DSDT/SSDT patches. Or it just doesn't want to work. hehe.

Also, you can reproduce the said issue, your graphical issue on sleep, by sleep display..

Probably my DSDT/SSDT patches. Or it just doesn't want to work. hehe.

Also, you can reproduce the said issue, your graphical issue on sleep, by sleep display..

Yep. The display sleep/wake issue is reproducible regardless of system sleep.

I've bad news about this however. I consulted artur-pt (on olarila here) and RehabMan (on tmacx86 here) about this issue and both are highly experienced in OS X and ACPI edits. Unfortunately, both said they never seen this before.

Day by day I get desperate about this. Currently I only think of trying this on Mavericks maybe I get better luck there. Do you have a Mavericks installed anywhere to try for me? or else I will have to install it. 

I installed Mavericks. It's the same issue there as well  :(

Mavericks: http://s28.postimg.org/it1uc4t25/auth_aspx.jpg

Yosemite: http://s14.postimg.org/r5n874vup/IMAG0369.jpg

So the problem is with the drivers for our mobile Intel HD4600 and I'm surprised no one detected this until now. The graphics distortion is not so obvious in Mavericks because Mavericks use less transparency than Yosemite but it's there. But restart is killed once display went sleep then awake in both OS's. This is a killer for sleep on this laptop unless someone won't care about these two symptoms.

I'm so sad :( :( :( :(

• Like 1

I installed Mavericks. It's the same issue there as well  :(

Mavericks: http://s28.postimg.org/it1uc4t25/auth_aspx.jpg

Yosemite: http://s14.postimg.org/r5n874vup/IMAG0369.jpg

So the problem is with the drivers for our mobile Intel HD4600 and I'm surprised no one detected this until now. The graphics distortion is not so obvious in Mavericks because Mavericks use less transparency than Yosemite but it's there. But restart is killed once display went sleep then awake in both OS's. This is a killer for sleep on this laptop unless someone won't care about these two symptoms.

I'm so sad :( :( :( :(

Hi guy, don't be sad, maybe it is not so bad. I browsed your posts,good job! I have a Y410P whose hardware is almost the same as your Y510P. I have installed both Mavericks and Yosemite, and system sleep/wake works well and even sleep on lid close with RehabMan's ACPIPoller.kext. But the system restart functionality was abnormal, the power was always on even after the system off (ig-platform-id 0a260006). Do you have some new progress? 

hi guys. glad to see you have already installed 10.10) i have created usb install with yosemite and i'm stuck on screen with "Turn on bluetooth keyboard". Spacebar don't work unfortunately) Did you get the same problem during installation?

Hi guy, don't be sad, maybe it is not so bad. I browsed your posts,good job! I have a Y410P whose hardware is almost the same as your Y510P. I have installed both Mavericks and Yosemite, and system sleep/wake works well and even sleep on lid close with RehabMan's ACPIPoller.kext. But the system restart functionality was abnormal, the power was always on even after the system off (ig-platform-id 0a260006). Do you have some new progress? 

Thank you for the cheer up. I don't have any new progress as I was busy with my life (just had my first baby tonight  :angel: )

hi guys. glad to see you have already installed 10.10) i have created usb install with yosemite and i'm stuck on screen with "Turn on bluetooth keyboard". Spacebar don't work unfortunately) Did you get the same problem during installation?

Are there any key working at all? I suspect you don't have VoodooPS2Controller.kext loaded so check it out.

Thank you for the cheer up. I don't have any new progress as I was busy with my life (just had my first baby tonight  :angel: )

Are there any key working at all? I suspect you don't have VoodooPS2Controller.kext loaded so check it out.

Congratulations on your first baby!

I understand that I don't have keyboard kexts on my installer. I used Chameleon tool to create my usb. Could you please give me name of tool that you used for creating usb installer with 10.10? I afraid of that my installer may lack some other kexts.

Congratulations on your first baby!

I understand that I don't have keyboard kexts on my installer. I used Chameleon tool to create my usb. Could you please give me name of tool that you used for creating usb installer with 10.10? I afraid of that my installer may lack some other kexts.

Check this out man, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2030113

And congrats to the nee father! (i too am busy cause of the holiday xD)

Check this out man, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2030113

And congrats to the nee father! (i too am busy cause of the holiday xD)

thnks man) i see you used clover installer, btw i don't like it (can't explain why))) i am continuing creating installer with chameleon tool) if I get success in this I will write my progress here)

Hey everyone, I've been following this thread for awhile now and the help has been great but I'm looking for a tutorial on how to install Mavericks on my Y510P laptop using CLOVER.

I have Windows 7 UEFI installed on my laptop but I can't figure out how to dual boot OSX and Windows using UEFI.

Is there an existing tutorial that I could follow?

Thanks guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I've been following this thread for awhile now and the help has been great but I'm looking for a tutorial on how to install Mavericks on my Y510P laptop using CLOVER.

I have Windows 7 UEFI installed on my laptop but I can't figure out how to dual boot OSX and Windows using UEFI.

Is there an existing tutorial that I could follow?

Thanks guys.

Hi, to dual boot over UEFI you have to use Clover as you already know. When you create the Clover USB installer OS X will boot in real EFI mode which might raise a problem at the very early stage in installation. OS X will complain at the format stage and it won't be able to format the partition and of course you won't be able to install at all. This problem happens because the EFI partition created by Windows Installer if in UEFI mode is relatively smaller than what OS X expect so it won't like it. To be able to proceed, you have to follow this guide to increase the size of EFI partition prior even trying to boot the Clover USB installer. This guide will let you backup EFI partition contents, delete EFI and other useless MS partitions, use the resulting space to create one single big enough EFI partition, and restore the backed-up EFI contents.

This have to be done only once no matter how many times you install or remove OS X afterwords as long as you don't miss with the EFI partition. Once you are done with resizing EFI partition, go on with the installation and finish it. You'll have to boot from USB few times until you get a working system. This involves installing Clover EFI on the installation, booting from USB AGAIN, and adding Clover boot entries from Clover itself. It looks like a lengthy process but straight forward and once you make it a couple of times it'd be so easy.

Note: the guide linked above assumes a different partition map. You have to check your disk partition scheme first and adapt the method to avoid any mistakes.

Installation was successful, though I had to manually copy the mach_kernel from the usb to the HDD. How can I make my trackpad work?

OK good. If your trackpad is Synaptics, why don't you give VoodooPS2Controller.kext a try?

What a vexing problem. As I said after the HD4600 was driven, a restart (warm boot) failed, nothing was displayed on the screen, not even the BIOS POST. Maybe it is related to the patched frame buffer of HD4600, could anybody fix the problem please?

What a vexing problem. As I said after the HD4600 was driven, a restart (warm boot) failed, nothing was displayed on the screen, not even the BIOS POST. Maybe it is related to the patched frame buffer of HD4600, could anybody fix the problem please?

If you are using Clover then post your config.plist. No display after BIOS means either hardware fault (not likely) or improper config.plist in case of using Clover.

If you are using Clover then post your config.plist. No display after BIOS means either hardware fault (not likely) or improper config.plist in case of using Clover.

Yes, I am using Clover but I think it is unlikely to be the config.plist's problem. A cold boot, shutdown and sleep/wake all works well, and restart functionality also worked when OS X was just installed using USB installer with the same config.plist. But it became abnormal after the patched drivers were injected, the problem was likely caused by AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext. BTW,  HDMI connector works well through this patched driver.