G73SW - 10.9 Install

jeffc2009

142 posts in this topic

So far, my only suggestion is downgrade iographicsfamily, graphics control,all nvda kexts, system.kext but do not touch the geforce drivers. Rebuild cache, reboot and everything is fine.  :thumbsup_anim:

I got pass the black screen by adding my macbook pro 8,2 id into Info.plist.

/S*/L*/E*/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/C*/P*/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/C*/Info.plist

<key>ConfigMap</key>
<dict>
    <key>Mac-94245A3940C91C80</key>
    <string>none</string>
</dict>

don't forget to repair permissions and rebuild cache.

All the credit goes to Pikealpha

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I got pass the black screen by adding my macbook pro 8,2 id into Info.plist.

/S*/L*/E*/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/C*/P*/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/C*/Info.plist

I don't have this directory at all in my system! How come?

HxQGPOZ.png

it's not a directory on the mac. It is the content of the AppleGraphicsControl.kext.

You go to /System/Library/Extensions, right click the AppleGraphicsControl.kext and choose Show Package Contents.  

Then drill down /Contents/Plugins and right click AppleGraphicsPolicy.kext that is inside the Plugins folder and choose Show Package Contents.

Then open the Contents folder, the info.plist that needs the entry is located here. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I tried this guide with Niresh Mavericks 10.9.0 and everything goes well, but when I install PMPatch Bios kext i get a black screen.

Then I installed Nires Mavericks 10.9.0 again and everything goes well, this time i don't install the pmpatch Bios kext, but when I update through the appstore to mavericks 10.9.3 i get a black screen again.

How can i solve this problem?

Hello,

I tried this guide with Niresh Mavericks 10.9.0 and everything goes well, but when I install PMPatch Bios kext i get a black screen.

Then I installed Nires Mavericks 10.9.0 again and everything goes well, this time i don't install the pmpatch Bios kext, but when I update through the appstore to mavericks 10.9.3 i get a black screen again.

How can i solve this problem?

Hello!

Generally it is not a good idea to upgrade osx with the app store on a hack. It is more safe to download the comboupdates and install them. Your problem now should be related with the ApplegfxPolicy. You have to insert your used board ID. Look here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293593-g73sw-109-install/?p=2021291

If you have a second working install copy over the mentioned kext to its desktop, edit the infoplist and install it back with a kext utiliity and repair permissions. Reboot with flags -f -v.

The worst case for you is, to install 10 9.0 back, download the comboupdate, start and run it, but do not restart at the end. Get the above mentioned kext from S/L/E, edit the info.plist and install it back, repair permissions. Reboot with flags -f -v.

If you are using the smbios of MBP 8,3 ,then you can also download the enlosed folder  with the kext (without editing info.plist), place it on your usb bootstick, fire up terminal and then type this:

cp -r /Asus/*.kext /volumes/(Your partionname)/system/library/extensions/

Then repair with diskutility permissons of your install. Reboot from your install with flags -f -v.

Have fun.

Asus.zip

Thank you,

I gonna try this,

I have used the smbios of 10,9 MBP 8,4 is this the same?

If is reinstall 10.9.0 back, download the comboupdates for 10.9.3 (or should I first install comboupdates for 10.9.1 than for 10.9.2 & than for 10.9.3), when is installed the kexts from the S/L/E folder including the kext in the asus.zip & than copie the extra folder to the root of mac should it than work correctly without getting a black screen?

Thank you very much,

I'm gonna try this!

I have used the smbios of 10,9 MBP 8,4 is this the same?

If I reinstall Niresh Mavericks 10.9.0 back, download the comboupdates 10.9.3 (or should I first install comboupdates for 10.9.1 & than for 10.9.2 & than for 10.9.3), after that install enoch and the kexts from the S/L/E folder including the kext in asus.zip & than copie te extra folder to the root of mac, and reboot.

Should it than work correctly without getting a black screen?

Last question: is it possible to update apps through appstore?

At first try to repair your installatio with my kext. Perhaps it is working oob. If it does not work, your board ID should be in the smbios.plist or on clover you can read it out in options. Edit the kext in the way of the linked post.

You should have no kexts anymore on 10.8 and newer in Extra/Extensions and even make no mkext file.

For a clean install, I personally would do a vanilla install. If you have the original ESD image all is best. Look in tutorials here, for how to do it. To upgrade from 10.9 you only have to install the comboupdate for 10.9.3. But at the end do not reboot before installing my kext with your added board ID. If you are planning to do a clean install with 10 9.3 you need to install also the uploaded kext to avoid the black screen issue.

I have in the moment got an other idea. I add it in some minutes, it this is working.

Have fun.

It is depending on your bios. If it is unlocked you can use the original one. If you don´t know that, install nullcpupowermanagement.kext for being on the save side for the first time. The patch should in any way match the osx version. For using Enooch you need a correct generated SSDT,aml to get PM fully working.

I don´t know the Niresh Distro. But install not to much from his kexts. These should be enough for booting: FakeSMC, NullCUPM, Generic-USB.. and PS-2.

I recommend to use the files from first post ot the thread or newer versions from here to install to your system. At first get 10 9.0 stable running before update. Perhaps it is possible for you to make a clone of runnig 9.0 to be on the save side.

Have fun.

Yesterday,

I installed mavericks 10.9

Then install the comboupdate 10.9.3 from apples site

Then install Enoch

Then install the kext from the first post in this topic + your kext (asus.zip)

then change the bootID into info.plist

Then reboot, and black screen again

Should I download a clean mavericks 10.9.0 from the first post of this topic and not the nires? of can I direct install a clean mavericks 10.9.3?

Or should I download a hacked comboupdate and not the one from apple's site? Or should I flash my bios with the patched one from the first post of this topic?

Hello!

At first try to boot your installation with flags: nv_disable=1 -f -x -v.

If you get to the desktop reinstall my posted kext and generate with Chameleonwizard an SMBios for MB P 8,3. and place the plist in Extrafolder.

If this is no working, you could try this:

You could try to mount your osx partion in your g73 with one of the trail versions of the following link in windows: http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/02/access-mac-os-x-partition-from-windows.html

But I don´t know, if one get write access with the time limited version.

Please post back your results.

Have fun.

Today i tried to install a clean mavericks 10.9.3 , downloaden from the first post of this topic with the vanilla install.

Replaced al the kext with the kext of this post and your kext. But when the install finished Apple boots But then i get a lot of text on my screen and wont boot

I hope you have created a valid SMBios for MBP 8,3 and added it to the extra folder of your usb-stick and installed with this SMBios.plist. If not you can creat it on your MBP with ChameleonWizard and add it in your Extrafolder on the USB stick before your next boot.

Boot again with the usb installer and in the usb installer. After reaching the installscreen click continue and start diskutility to repair permissions of your install. Reboot with boot flags -f -v to your installation.

After reaching the desktop of your install, you should install Fakesmc, NullcpuPM (if no PM patched Bios), USB 3 I, and your PS2-Kext. Then install Enooch in standardmode and drag your Extrafolder from your USBstick to the root of your hd-installation.

I all is perfect you should be able to boot from your install with flags -f -v and reach the desktop.

Have fun.