1. My install method: http://olarila.com/f...php?f=31&t=3836. Or choose your install methods. There's plenty out on this site.
2. Make sure you are on Bios Version 205. (You can use the version I have PMPatchedG73SwAS.205.zip 1.06MB 120 downloads or use original Asus Bios from their site but make sure to use Without PMPatched Bios AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip 88.27KB 171 downloads along with the rest of
3. Restart, press "ESC", and choose to boot with USB you just created. When you get to clover boot screen choose "Boot Mac OS X From OS X Install USB" Make sure you choose GUID partition scheme in diskutil and format/name your drive "Mav". And follow the directions to finish OS X Install.
4. After you install, restart, press "ESC", and boot with the same USB. Once you see clover boot screen choose "Mav" or whatever you named it. Make sure to go through setup. Once your on desktop, install Enoch-rev.2266.pkg onto Mav Drive (Do not restart). Use kext wizard to copy all kexts in S/L/E from package (make sure to check mark "backup kexts that will be replaced") and repair permission/rebuild cache. Copy Extra to root of Mav Drive. Restart and enjoy what's working.
5. Navigate to S/L/Displays/Overrides and delete DisplayVendorID-daf. Copy the one attached in the Overrides folder.
6. Thanks to Rehabman's hard work we have gestures on our TrackPad plus Keyboard Backlit. Look in S/L/E for AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext and delete it. Within 10.9 MBP 8,4.zip 2.28MB 237 downloads there's a Rehabman's VoodooPS2 folder. Copy VoodooPS2Daemon to /usr/bin ( This is only nessesary if you want to disable trackpad while mouse is plug-in). https://github.com/R...-PS2-Controller
- Change keyboard shortcut for each gesture to work!
- Press Ctrl Alt + or - (on number pad) for keyboard backlit.
sudo cp VoodooPS2Daemon /usr/bin
What's working: Speedstepper/ALC 269(patched Updated AppleHDA plus IOAudioFamily)/Atheros 9285/GTX 460/Ethernet/Sleep and shutdown, HDMI video/Audio, USB 3.0/Backlit keyboard (With new DSDT/VoodooPS2 by Rehabman), TrackPad with gestures, Display Brightness (Thanks to asusg73).
What's not working: SD Card (will never work), battery icon, AGPM...... Work in progress!
Use these kext's at your own risk!
Fix for App Store/IMessage/ICloud
Just do this: 1. Add this to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist: <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key> <string>Yes</string> 2. Remove all Network interfaces 3. Remove /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist 4. Reboot 5. Read your Ethernet Network Interface. This must be en0. (not en1, en2...)