4 posts in this topic

Hello guys i have a question about boot1 error with clover on a 500GB sata 4k HDD.

I have searched yesterday the forum but i can't find a good solution for it and tried different solutions.

This is my situation and steps wich i follow

• I am using my entire HDD for OSX and i have formatted the HDD in disk utility as GPT.
  • Then i have installed OSX Mavericks on the harddrive.
  • After that i installed the nessecary kext files for my configuration
  • Then i install Clover on the HDD with the following setting.
    • Bootloader - Install boot0af in MBR
    • CloverEFI - CloverEFI 64-bits SATA
  • After that i reboot the without my USB stick then i get a Boot0af:ERROR (this comes maybe because my drive is a 4K HDD)
  • For the Boot0af:ERROR i start up with my USB to install and in terminal i use the command.
    • dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2 (for chameleon this works and the HDD starts with OSX)
  • After that i try to boot with my HDD then i get the Boot1:ERROR

I have tried several methodes but the are all for the boot0 error.

And when i install chameleon the computer starts up without a boot1:ERROR.

What have i done wrong must i format my drive with a EFI Fat32 Partition on a GPT with clover ??

I have also done the steps above on a 80GB HDD wich i use as TEST and there i have no problem with boot errors.

I know it has to do with 4K HDD.

Can somebody help me out please.

I has this problem when I use entire SSD for Mac OS X. Nothing helped while I did two partitions on SSD. One for FAT32 with GPT (used only for booting) and one large for Mac OS. I installed clover to first partition and after it problem was solved.

• Like 1

I has this problem when I use entire SSD for Mac OS X. Nothing helped while I did two partitions on SSD. One for FAT32 with GPT (used only for booting) and one large for Mac OS. I installed clover to first partition and after it problem was solved.

Just what i was thinking off, i will give it a try :)

• 2 years later...

I has this problem when I use two HDD partition for Mac OS X. One for FAT32 with GPT (used only for booting) and one large for Mac OS. Nothing helped while I did two partitions on HDD. I removed the first section (making it free) and Clover set on the second section, after which the problem was solved.