Welcome on my topic
I have an Asus n550JV and I am trying to make as good as possible Mavericks running on it.
Model: Asus n550JV - 15.6 inch Full HD (1920*1080)
Ram: 8 GB LDDR3 - 1600 Mhz (Kingston)
Cpu: Intel I7-4700HQ Haswell
Gpu: Nvidia Geforce GT 750m (4GB)
Integrated Gpu: Intel hd graphics 4600
HD: 1 TB (5200 rpm) (yeah I know, slow like hell)
It's currently running Mavericks pretty smooth and these are thinghs that are working:
- Battery stats (fixed)
- Cpu temp, cpu clock speed: HWsensors (fixed)
- About Mac
- Finder, iTunes, App Store, every app that's available.
- Audio (fixed by using VoodooHDA)
- DVD-reader (I can eject using F12 or pressing the hardware button, but haven't tested if it can read disks )
- USB 3.0
- Camera (Facetime works )
- Touchpad with multitouch (not perfect but does work 85%+)
- Headset socket works (for headphones etc)
- ... other thinghs I can't remember or haven't mentioned.
Now what does NOT work:
- On board WIFI - BT card (Atheros AT 9485)
- Sleep doesn't work ;( (Using it a lot, so should be nice if this is fixed)
- Battery stats (can be fixed with kexts, but which one? NEED HELP here ) - Not very important but: Can't see how hot my CPU gets or what the clock speed currently is, is this also fixable with kexts?
- Low priority: Bass socket from Asus (this is going very far, I don't really need it)
An guide that some people would want
(Not complete but still should help to get at least Mavericks running on Asus n550jv )
- First make a usb stick with restore from OS X Mavericks (search google, it's almost same everywhere )
- Then make a clover bootable stick using Clover v2: https://mega.co.nz/#...CYwI!Cx-GC02...
- Follow everything in that youtube vid exactly, because it could turnout differently if you don't
- Use these modded EFI files and overwrite/merge with EFI partition of usb (credit goes to my russian friend amocc
for his amazing work):
Another discussion on forum:
- Reboot system with usb plugged, check if USB LEGACY is on.
And get in bios/efi or whatever and change boot priority
for example UEFI: CLOVER boot should be the first one to boot.
- Clover bootloader will show up, go to Mac Os installer (or what it is called) and press space than go to without caches and press enter.
- Installer will show up, make a Mac Os Extended Journaled partition by going to Utilities than Disk Utility.
- Instal, REBOOT back to Installer (trust me).
IMPORTANT: Launch Terminal and give these command (change YOUR_Partition!):
cp /mach_kernel "/Volumes/YOUR_Partition/mach_kernel"
- Reboot into OS X (not installer) using without caches.
- After configuring your system with username, password you'll appear on desktop.
- Now you'll need to use different kexts to fix several issues:
For audio go to this link:
Use the latest one, I used VoodooHDA_v284.zip
Than you should edit info.plist in VoodooHDA.kekst