Marvell 88e8056 asus p5e3 problem

Best Answer johnrock, 03 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

Thanks RLF!!!!!i reseted cmos,and now it works!!!!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

johnrock

johnrock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
I have a router and prior to the booting screen it shows ethernet as active and,after it gets to the booting screen it shows as if i unplugged the cable from the computer.I also have a led at the ethernet port in my motherboard which shows orange prior to booting screen and after that,it stops.If i disable ethernet in bios,the router identifies active ethernet all the time...I don t think it s a hardware issue

johnrock

johnrock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
I am now sure it isnt hardware related...I have a router and when i open the computer without thr injector it shows a light on my connection,but when i open with the injector the light is gone as soon as osx starts booting

rlf

rlf

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

There must be sth really weird going on with my computer:(If it helps i wanna add some further information.I have 2 hdds that have 2 partitions each.First i had leopard on hd,then on the other hdd i installed ml and thr injector worked.I then installed mavericks on the ml hdd with clean install.I installed the injector and it worked.Thr next day it froze at boot and,what d more weird:i couldn t boot the leopard hdd either.I installed MAvericks again and formated the other hdd which had leopard(just in case).It still didn t work.I then installed ml again and it didn t work there anymore....
And now i am on the almighty mavericks...
If i boot with -v it hangs at something like com.apple.iokit pci failed ...If i remember correctly

Read closely what you said there.  Leopard was working.  ML was working.  Mavericks was working.  Then suddenly, they ALL stopped working.  The software didn't suddenly change.  The hardware had to suddenly change.  Either the hardware broke or the BIOS which controls the hardware got corrupted.

Try using the ethernet in Windows or Linux.  If you don't want to install Windows, use a Linux live CD to boot and test ethernet.  Also, for BIOS, consider resetting it to factory settings and reconfiguring it.

johnrock

johnrock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
I have an old realtek 8139 pci card.gonna see if i can make it work...

johnrock

johnrock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
It doesn t recognize it...even with special kexts

johnrock

johnrock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Best Answer

Thanks RLF!!!!!i reseted cmos,and now it works!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy