10.4.8 Intel SSE2 Update excluded Frameworks list

quixos

89 posts in this topic

erikk, ok! that's the spirit! thanks! will do the whole thing and include/test those as soon as i get hold of latest JaS SSE3 pkg.

had an unfortunate accident with MediaKit.framework. brrrr, scary. :)

after i have everything "finalized" i hope you could do some sort of testing, just to make sure. don't know what your "backup"

situation is.

actually both of you have SSE3, i was a little confused about that for a while. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

hopefully i'll have JaS latest update package tomorrow to get final on this.

goodnight all. :D

actually both of you have SSE3, i was a little confused about that for a while. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

hopefully i'll have JaS latest update package tomorrow to get final on this.

goodnight all. :(

I Have raded all the note's related to update to 10.4.8 with sse2 And also this one.

I will be waiting for your package tomorrow..

Thanx for all you help en time..

JaS initial SSE2 update was to allow us to get to the desktop, no more no less. both Kiko and JaS are waiting until people with SSE2 figure out how to get the update working with their systems.

as far as i know, only five people have shown interest and posted suggestions helpful to this effort, JaS being one of them.

once again, i'm waiting until JaS SSE3 final update package is available for download before i test and sign off on these excluded frameworks. be patient, you have no choice. wait.

Yo Quixos!

As already said: I'm quite happy with 10.4.8 on my Centrino 1.5 based laptop only supporting SSE2: as I accidentally deleted my backed up 10.4.7 kexts and frameworks I used Pacifist to restore the frameworks listed by you taken from the JAS 10.4.7 update package (not all frameworks are there)...

As I have a ATI Radeon 9200 inside the laptop I don't have QE or CI so I can't test the Final Cut series but iPhoto etc... is working fine... Camino as well... So MS Office, aMSN, Skype, iTunes and Quicktime (still on previous version), Adobe Lightroom b4, Data Rescue 1.1, etc...

Just to say that all the things I'm using are still working :)

If you want me to test something please let me know!

Take care,

Tek_No

hi guys, I'm a quite new user here and looking for information to have my hackintosh working the best.

I have read this discussion too late because I'm running 10.4.8 jas update on a sse2 machine, but before I made a backup of the system up to 10.4.7, so I'm not completely an idiot :-)

I discovered some of the problem, like activity manager don't start, but haven't encountered yet other issues, because my hardware is very poor to run everything. Anyway I ask an advice: someone used pacifist to put 10.4.7 frameworks on 10.4.8 (tell me if I'm wrong!), it is possible to replace all "bugged" frameworks with this method extracting from jas.dmg or it's better to wait for a framework package?

NOTE: I'm not asking for a package, only want to understand what is your work, because I'm very new with hackintosh and I like to learn the most I can.

Please apologize for my bad english. Surely I will help you if there is some other problem with sse2, even if I can't test many things in my system and I thank you for the great debugging work.

Bye!

ok, tek_no has already the answer, but, because of my very bad english, it tooks me a hour to write a comprehensible sentence, so I haven't read tek_no post because I was still writing. Anyway if you want, reply to my questions.

Bye.

Hi people. I´ll finish building a new machine on a couple of days. The one Im using right now is going to enter the "guinea pig" phase. The specs are in the signature. Will try this 10.4.8 framework-driver stuff.

Im hoping to extend my OSX experience since it was a delight until now thanks to the people you already know :D:robot::construction:

JaS initial SSE2 update was to allow us to get to the desktop, no more no less. both Kiko and JaS are waiting until people with SSE2 figure out how to get the update working with their systems.

as far as i know, only five people have shown interest and posted suggestions helpful to this effort, JaS being one of them.

once again, i'm waiting until JaS SSE3 final update package is available for download before i test and sign off on these excluded frameworks. be patient, you have no choice. wait.

I am not able to help much, just thank to all who make the SEE2 upgrade possible. Really appreciate!

Bruce

If your OS X is still booting you can follow Quixos guidelines on the framworks that need to be replaced, then start Pacifist, open up JAS 10.4.7 update package and install those 10.4.7 frameworks over the 10.4.8 ones (using the Default Location option)...

Or if you have a backup folder containing the 10.4.7 frameworks you could sudo copy these over the 10.4.8 ones...

Hope this helps

hi guys, I'm a quite new user here and looking for information to have my hackintosh working the best.

I have read this discussion too late because I'm running 10.4.8 jas update on a sse2 machine, but before I made a backup of the system up to 10.4.7, so I'm not completely an idiot :-)

I discovered some of the problem, like activity manager don't start, but haven't encountered yet other issues, because my hardware is very poor to run everything. Anyway I ask an advice: someone used pacifist to put 10.4.7 frameworks on 10.4.8 (tell me if I'm wrong!), it is possible to replace all "bugged" frameworks with this method extracting from jas.dmg or it's better to wait for a framework package?

NOTE: I'm not asking for a package, only want to understand what is your work, because I'm very new with hackintosh and I like to learn the most I can.

Please apologize for my bad english. Surely I will help you if there is some other problem with sse2, even if I can't test many things in my system and I thank you for the great debugging work.

Bye!

ok, tek_no has already the answer, but, because of my very bad english, it tooks me a hour to write a comprehensible sentence, so I haven't read tek_no post because I was still writing. Anyway if you want, reply to my questions.

Bye.

thank you tek_no for the guide, I have changed all the frameworks from 10.4.7 package, only GraphKit not found, so I have still no graph in activity monitor concerning disk and network, but for me it is not a trouble. In a couple of week I'll have to reinstall because of new hardware to add in my system: there is a way to do this without reinstalling? I'm not able yet to manage loading or not kext and other major operation in osx so don't know if this o.s. is smart enough to let upgrade hardware with happyness, but I will search the forum for answer to this matter.

Thank you for the moment, bye.

Yo fabioxx!

About the graphics in Activity Monitor: same over here but I don't really care about this :mellow:

About adding new hardware to your system: I don't think you need to reinstall the complete OS as most of the kexts are being loaded by default... So depending on the kind of hardware you are going to add there is no real need to reinstall Os X (this isn't Windows, right)...

Take care,

Tek_No

Very good work quixos and people. I tested my update with the above frameworks removed and all seems well. Is this the finalised list or are there more framework related problems to be addressed and added to the list? Thanks, sorry to nag, its just my SSE2 part of the 10.4.8 server update depends on this list. Thanks again for all your work.

now after installating the JaS 10.4.8 SSE2 update can one replace the frameworks listed here prior to restarting and be in good shape afterwards? or does one have to install, restart, pray that we get to the desktop and if successful go through the rigors with Pacifist and extracting the frameworks from the 10.4.7 update? or do we just outright install through Pacifist without the frameworks listed here?

- Robert (PmR)DeathInJune

I can confirm that replacing IOKit fixes not only Logic Express, but also Logic Pro 7.2.x.

I have a questions to those that have installed 10.4.8 and are using DVDStudio Pro. Has anyone here found a solution to successfully loading m2v files (created in compressor) within DVDStudio Pro once they have installed 10.4.8? i.e. without crashes etc. Have replacing any frameworks solved this problem?

I can confirm that replacing IOKit fixes not only Logic Express, but also Logic Pro 7.2.x.

I have a questions to those that have installed 10.4.8 and are using DVDStudio Pro. Has anyone here found a solution to successfully loading m2v files (created in compressor) within DVDStudio Pro once they have installed 10.4.8? i.e. without crashes etc. Have replacing any frameworks solved this problem?

Take a look @ http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...9224&st=240 post #266 for the fix for DVDSP.

Hi

I upgraded one of my machines a del d600 to 10.4.8 using pacifist. Excluded all the relavant frameworks.

I now have two small issues.

1. Mail dates are wrong. Is there is sulotion for this

2 Activity Monitor stilll gives me no pretty graph for the network even though I did not install the new utility.

Also could not find the ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework in Jas's SSE2 update.

Apart from that it seems to work.

Here is the error I get with Activity Monitor

*** ERROR: -[GRChartView computeLayout]:858 - Layout for overlay axes (0x397930) failed. ***

*** ERROR: -[GRXYAxes computeUnitsForAxis:]:1092 - Exceeded maxPrecision for X axis ***

*** ERROR: -[GRXYAxes computeLayout]:1262 - Cartesian axes layout failed because the X axis units could not be computed. ***

department27,

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/

GraphKit.framework (for 10.4.6 Activity Monitor)

DiskManagement.framework

i believed Messenger.framerwork took care of the dates in Mail.app, however i might be mistaken. the dates are not changed permanently, in Mail, or in Finder if you have that problem.

i've been running 10.4.8 with no problems this week. i haven't been able to say "finished" cause when i've done a fresh update as one would do, i've had inconsistent results, like the date thing. this might have to do with Pacifist.

i've been busy with family concerns, and haven't had time to play with this, or track down a confident tester. hopefully i'll be able to find someone this week willing and able, to test and confirm Frameworks and files.

"hopefully" bleh. :blink:

department27,

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/

GraphKit.framework (for 10.4.6 Activity Monitor)

DiskManagement.framework

i believed Messenger.framerwork took care of the dates in Mail.app, however i might be mistaken. the dates are not changed permanently, in Mail, or in Finder if you have that problem.

i've been running 10.4.8 with no problems this week. i haven't been able to say "finished" cause when i've done a fresh update as one would do, i've had inconsistent results, like the date thing. this might have to do with Pacifist.

i've been busy with family concerns, and haven't had time to play with this, or track down a confident tester. hopefully i'll be able to find someone this week willing and able, to test and confirm Frameworks and files.

"hopefully" bleh. :blink:

Hi No worries

I just pulled off the GraphKit.framework from my original 10.4.6 disk and that fixed that problem.

For all the the other frameworks I made a backup copy and then jsut in case somehting when wrong with pacifist and used those to copy over the 10.4.8 install. Still seem to have the wrong date. Just going to try the one from the 10.4.7 update.

EDIT ****

Ok jsut pacifisted the message.framework from the jas 10.4.7 update. That fixed the date problem.

Not really sure if my original pacifist update for the jas 10..4.8 SSE2 update did what I though it did. I have a feeling I made a mistake there. But then I manually copied over all the frameworks in the start of the thread from my backup. And now it looks OK.

EDIT *********

Ok now I found another problem, my "airport" (netgear card) does not automatically connect to my network anymore. Have to manually input the ssid (in my case it's hidden). Not sure what is causing this one.

quixos if you need to tester with a 10.4.7 machine then let me know as I have a working 10.4.7 on a dell 8400 which I have not updated yet.

EDIT ****************

Ok decided to upgrade my dell 8400 this morning. Backup all the usual suspects, and then used pacifist. This time I did the pacifist install correctly. Had to do a hard reboot, rebuilt the kext cache, and did a update_prebinding, and it booted up ok. Pulled off all the lastest updates aperture, ilife, iworks, and they are all working.

Just like to say thanks quixos for all your hard work. ;)