/com.apple.Boot.plist not found !

megavolkan

104 posts in this topic

Hey guys, you snuck in a few posts on me ;P

I basically never got around to the VMWare installation; I'm stuck with the IDE->SATA DVD weird errors on boot (got past the /com....plist file error, as mentioned).

I had to reinstall windows, and am currently trying to add in my apps slowly... I was hopeing to have 4 more hdd's on the way, but they canceled it due to them not getting any in stalk for some odd reason.. I would've instantly installed on there.

All I have to do is partition my main hard drive, and test out VMWare, I'll definately try to get around to that Friday/Saturday... Or maybe while I procrastinate my homework, I can do some of the work now ;P

avenger, Interesting you got it to boot after burning slowly with clone dvd...

Please, tell us your mobo specs and your other hardware configuration (how it's all plugged in) plus bios settings and exactally what error you used to get when trying to boot, and the occurance time ;)

Well, I'll see what I can do with VMWare, I got 3 different controllers to plug this HDD into.. ohh, gotta wipe some data off my old OS, heh.

Anyways, catcha soon :)

EDIT:

Ok, I've done a quick test with VMWare... I get that famous EBIOS error in VMware, I haven't looked that one up, but I do know Alcohol 120% conflicts with VMWare (I'll have to uninstall it tomorrow), and using MacDrive, I get different errors with the DVD in my drive emulated as a mac or win disc (each get to darwin, but darwin takes a dump with some EBIOS errors, hmpf).

Well, until tomorrow or saturday when I have time, Cya!

Well, its (as far as I know) a kernel issue with how it accesses the ide controller, in windows, you have the drivers installed already, so that would mean VMWare should work.

I dont have the IDE->Sata plugged into my DVD Burner while I'm trying VMWare, but I may try it now that I think about it (doubt it'd change anything).

I've uninstalled Alcohol, now need to get daemon tools and try again, or first yet, just leave that DVD in my drive and use it.

And for those that think the DVD is bad; I've used VMWare to test it with my Athlon XP (just verified that it booted..no errors) And i've setup osx86 on another computer with it..

Well, re-doing time :D

EDIT:

Vmware crashes with:

***Virtual machine kernel stack fault (hardware reset) ***

The virtual machine just suffered a stack fault in kernel mode. On a real compy, this'd amount to a reset of the CPU. Caused by incorrect config of VM, bug in OS, or problem in VMWare Software.

Yay, think I'll try the Daemon tools way next.

Looks like I gotta give up on the DTools way for this morning, other computer took a dump on network, think the drive is slowly goin bad on it, that or it's the OS; I'll have to decompress it from my other computer later :\

Oh, I forgot to add in; hopefully with the new kernel being released, it will be able to handle more ide/sata controllers properly, we'll see, maybe the debugger crew will even work on a driver set for them :whistle:

I finally managed to install MacOS X using the JAS 10.4.7 image, using VMWare.

My specs:

Abit AB9 + Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 + GF 9600GT

The setup under VMWare are quite tricky. I lanched a Windows NT machine, two cores, 512MB RAM, CD-ROM IDE 0:0 for the ISO image virtually mounted with Alcohol 120, Bridged Ethernet and here is the thing:

- A virtual hard disk, independent - persistent and allocated within my system. SCSI 0:0. And:

- A second hard disk, the real one, independent - persistent, IDE 0:1, previously partitioned with Acronis, Primary FAT32, 30GB.

First I only used the virtual hard disk but the Mac Installer never recongnized it. So I added the second one. The Mac Installer recognized it and I installed there with all the stuff. I was quite happy, of course.

However, when I booted my machine (my entire machine, not only the VMWare), the Acronis Boot Loader did'n recongnized my Win partition, and I couldn't load the Mac partition. There was a HFS+ partition error or something like that. Now I'm writing this under Windope, don't know why I finally could launch it.

I think the error is the AHCI setup under my bios. However, my Bios is too old and there is no option to chanche the IDE mode to AHCI. So I have to update my bios and find out if I can boot the Mac partition.

But at least I could install the damn thing! I'll keep you posted.

Awesome news LawRobertson, I'l be checking your method out tonight :)

Be careful with the BIOS update on this board, I didn't believe the Newegg.com reviews of it being flaky.. well, pretty much, when you update it, call up ABit support and have them walk you through it, and it, so if it messes up, it's their fault. (if you want to go through that hassle)

When I tried updating my board from right out of the package, it was reading from the floppy incredibly slow, then it just flat out started to fail :compress:

But, second board, using same floppies, it worked, hmpf.

Here's a modd'ed bios that I installed in, seems to work fine, and better than the official.. :)

http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=115971

Oh, I just noticed, your board is not the Pro? Maybe this will not work with your board? Hmm, I don't know..

the hfs+ error is because you didnt keep your macos partition as primary....

AND mMiniImManN i think i got all the problems that are possible while installing mac :gun:

im still trying to solve the problems

1)/com.apple error ------solved by reburning

2)ebios error------solved by burning with dvd clone(though there are still some errors)

3)hdd not recognized while installing----- solved by installing using the vmware as stated above

4)hfs+ error-----solved by making macosx partion as primary using partition magic

5)now my current problem is hanging at waiting for root device --------still trying to solve

(heard there is some problem with nvidia 4 sata thing) but someone said that there is driver(buggy)........i will try it and let you know)

hope this helps

Awesome avenger, I'm still in windows mode awaiting a large.. uhh, 20 hour long queue. Then I get to reboot and maybe think about trying some of that stuff.

Funny a reburn fixed your com.apple.. since I've tried with both 10.4.6 and 4.7 dvd's. I'm more interested in trying with the newest dvd.. but the demon is down for maint at this hour.. hmm. Also, I went ahead and asked about if the new kernel fixed the issues with jmicron.. and the response was mac osx8 6 is not compatible with P695 mobo's.

[but being stubborn like I am, I'll wait till the 10.4.8 dvd arrives to my drives and give that a shot]

Currently, I'm swamped with not being able to test stuff, so will keep watching the forums when I can.

mMiniImManN, thanks for the bios. I'll find out if it's compatible with my AB9 or not. I would love to call Abit during the update of my mobo, but I'm not in the States. I'll call them anyway. I don't want to spoil my machine.

(By the way, this mobo is not good for OSX86, but excellent for gaming and 5.1 sound. Currently listenting some Bowie DTS albums with VLC)

I'm changing from primary to logical to primary my Mac partition. Then I think I'll reformat the damn thing, don't know. I'm almost completly out of ideas... I should wait until someone share a good howto for Macos install with my spec. Hopefully very very soon!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, since noone else answered this:

I got my AB9 Pro and this is what works:

*) All 6 SATA ports when in IDE or AHCI mode.

*) The 2 SATA and 1 PATA port on the JMicron controller.

*) Firewire.

*) USB.

*) I have so-far not set the correct PCIclass for the Sil3132 driver so it's not working but it should not be a problem.

*) Network, both ports.

What's not working:

*) "About this Mac" crashes all the time and hardware info is not correctly reported from the BIOS.

I'm using BIOS 15 and running my C2D E6300 at 420MHz FSB => 2.94GHz. Sweet.

EDIT: I started an AB9 thread.

so the result is still on going :D

for the first time im going to feel like my computer is so pity though

Finding easy way out from this hell of course, one thing is hit my back of my brains

The key is using the Norton Ghost. so i got up with this just right yesterday

yea it seems to great, all i did was just swicthing ide into ahci type on my bios

after revival of mac partition recoverying

then it worked *BUT* it wasnt noticed my DVD driver freakingly, so that's the reason

why i am stick around here right now

SOLVED!

fellas the solution is this: at least for me

heres what you do:

VMWARE

make that {censored} windows NT

make sure the HDD your f***in with is persistent and that changes are made immediately other wise you cant tell the mac disk utility to format the drive for you

remove the damn floppy disc

use diskpart to format your drive completely

type in

diskpart

select disk # (replace # with your disc number)

clean disk (enter)

create partition primary id=af (enter)

exit diskpart

go into vmware

launch VM

hit esc boot disc

hit enter to run install

once in there go to disk utility and format your drive for the mac

next go along with the install, im installing as i type this will post any wierdness i have

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there,

I have the same Hardware: MSI 965 NEO with SATA HD and PATA HD. My DVD is connected to the USB,

but i also have a DVD on the JMICRON controller. On both the DVD readers i get the apple.com.boot.Plist

error.

Did you learn anything more about the issue. Or are we stuck at this?

I am going to try to write the iso with CloneDVD on a low speed, but i have little hope this will

work.

Redriddler

• 2 months later...

I think the solution to this problem can be summarized quickly and simply.

If you get the "/com.apple.Boot.plist not found" error message and you are trying to boot from an IDE DVDROM, you must boot from a SATA DVDROM.

I'm having the same issue.

Im guessing the problem is from an unsupported ide controller.

Try getting an ide>sata convertor to connect the dvdrom to your sata controller.

I did, still doesn't work.

I was thinking the same thing, I read somewhere to change around the way the ide controller's handle's (er, its change it to AHCI or something - I was lazy and didn't go look up what the exactly the AHCI does but might even help)

I'm curious if the way works, if anybody tries it, please tell... I might have to go order one... although I do want my OS drive to be on the normal IDE controller.. hmm.

Ho wdo I change that in my BIOS.

Do I change that while I have my IDE to SATA connector in?

• 2 weeks later...

I also have the same error, and same results when pressing F8

HOWEVER!

Im Using a laptop, with an nVidia nForce Board, an IDE HDD and DVD R/W

AMD Turon 64 X2 (1.6ghz)

1GB DDR2 (533) Ram

120GB Hdd (15GB partition blank for OSX)

17" WideScreen

So it cant be the motherboard issue :huh:

I know the DVD is ok because I used the very same DVD to install and setup on my machine at home.

Any ideas anyone??

I just build a clean setup just to run osx86 and I am coming up with this exact error message problem.

System specs:

e6600 core2duo

gigabyte ga-965p-ds3

320GB SATA HDD

2GB DDDR2

SATA DVD burner

After formating the hard drive and installing the selected kernerls/drivers, osx requires a reboot. after the reboot this message is displayed: /com.apple.Boot.plist not found

Possible solutions? As you can see I'm already running the SATA drives so its not a IDE/SATA controller issue.

same probleme here.

I installed mac os 10.4.9 (uphuck intel-amd sse2 sse3 universal dvd v1.2): setup ran correctly, but after the first reboot the computer freezed, just after the bios boot, before the mac os boot. If I use the dvd to boot, the os It shows me this error:

system config file '/com.apple.boot.plist' not found

PC:

AMD athlon 64 X2 3800+

Asus A8NSLI premium

I've 2 hd (sata and ide) and a IDE dvd burner; I installed mac os on the ide drive.

I've tried a new installation, and now seems to work! :boxing:

I can get to the Mac Os loading screen, but It never starts up. :(

I attached the verbose report

post-109683-1179950600_thumb.jpg