App Store Logs in, Only Installs New Apps, no Apps from purchases tab download!

0mar32

23 posts in this topic

Hey everybody,

I've installed Mavericks using the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] method and everything works fine now except for a weird problem.

My App Store logs in and downloads new apps, ones that I have not downloaded using my account before but the apps in my purchases tab always fail to download, they start downloading then the progress bar jumps to the end as if it is finished then the error message occurs that "{App Name} failed to download"!

I've added my Ethernet EFI into the com.chameleon.boot.plist and my iCloud works and iMessages work too.

On a side note, is there a way that I can speed up my mac in terms of read and write speeds!

Did you set a proper serial number and things like that?

I thought that might be the culprit, could you walk me through it plz. I know it should be done but not how.

What boggles me though, why do new downloads start but purchased ones don't?!

Using here not supported methods my causing your not being very well supported.

Instead of  old school bumping, you should better read the rules first. :whistle:

I am wondering  about your being a member since 2009 and having not read this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/ :wink_anim:

Have fun and no harm meant!

Using here not supported methods my causing your not being very well supported.

Instead of old school bumping, you should better read the rules first. :whistle:

I am wondering about your being a member since 2009 and having not read this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/ :wink_anim:

Have fun and no harm meant!

I'm sorry but I can't understand the first sentence you wrote, on the other hand, how does the link you referred to relate to my question because I really can't understand what you mean.

No harm of course, we're a community :D

If you have problems, caused by the install method you have choosen and which is not supported here, you must not wonder to get not supported very well. If you need support for problems related to your install method, than you better ask on the platform of the developer  or the developer himself for support.

But with an Asus mainboard you are not very well supported there, because you have ignored their buying  advices for building a pc, that works very well with their installing tools and the provided bootloader.

I have posted the link, because of thinking that you did not have once more a look at your first post and therefore not seen, that something has  been exchanged.  Also should this clarify for you, why you are not having been supported as hoped by you.

I suggest that you should try to solve your Appstore issues by installing Chameleon or Enoch Bootloader with the nvram modul. You can get them in Download here. With the search funktion you can for sure find some your problem matching posts. For your next install you could have a look at Pandora.

Have fun.

If you have problems, caused by the install method you have choosen and which is not supported here, you must not wonder to get not supported very well. If you need support for problems related to your install method, than you better ask on the platform of the developer or the developer himself for support.

But with an Asus mainboard you are not very well supported there, because you have ignored their buying advices for building a pc, that works very well with their installing tools and the provided bootloader.

I have posted the link, because of thinking that you did not have once more a look at your first post and therefore not seen, that something has been exchanged. Also should this clarify for you, why you are not having been supported as hoped by you.

I suggest that you should try to solve your Appstore issues by installing Chameleon or Enoch Bootloader with the nvram modul. You can get them in Download here. With the search funktion you can for sure find some your problem matching posts. For your next install you could have a look at Pandora.

Have fun.

Now I get what you mean, I know "they" prefer Gigabyte Mobos. I'm not using their provided bootloader, I'm using Chameleon r2266 with nvram module already, is there anything else you would suggest??

Thanks for your help by the way :D

I by myself use the Apple services only with an old MacBookPro and have therefore no problem with using them. :)

As fare, as I can remember, something reading about it, that it is a must, that the ethernet card is the first device in the networking preferences. Some clover users are discussing actually problem with the number of digits related with using the Appstore.

If you try using the forum search, you will for sure find, some with your problem direct related matches.

I think, that it is not a bad idea too to get the i386 archive from Cameleon and do an manual install with the to diskutil related files to get rid of the last  possible with chim... related parts.

Have fun.

What help will the files from the i386 files do??

My Ethernet card has been set as en0 by the method of removing every networking device from the settings prefpane, and then deleting the NetworkInterfaces.plist file but still to no avail!

BTW my problem is not the problem that everyone is having about not being able to sign in to the app store, quite the contrary, I can sign in since I first installed Mavericks and I can install apps too but new apps, ones that i have not downloaded before but the ones I have previously downloaded give the error that they have failed to download and try downloading them from the purchases page.

What will the i386 files do to help because I don't know??

Chimera is using other bootfiles Gpt and MBR boot. I do not know how far the beasted install copy this files in these positions. In any case chameleon does not exchange this files, if they were found. I think they can cause also problems and should therefore be manually installed over with the correct chamelon files. Some time ago I tried the beasted method by myself on a sandybridge laptop and got nothing then HD3000 gfx glitches on my lappy. By switching to Chameleon, I got a complete messup of my install and I had to do a new one by making an usbinstaller in the conventionell way with Chameleon and some kexts. This went very well without any glitches in HD3000 gfx.

Since these days I keep my fingers away from the tools with the beast brand. This tools are having enclosed encrypted files  (Look here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/278907-permanently-banned-from-tonymacx86/page-14?do=findComment&comment=1937842 ). Nobody knows, what these files are doing, execpt perhaps the developers. If you are using a device, that is created by these tools, you spread this information all over the inet. Look for example in an smbiosplist, created by that platform.

I suggest, that you should use your current install to make a new installer by Pandora. You seem to be skilled ennough for chosing the right options and Asus mainboards are well supported with this tool.

If your problems with the Appstore are not gone, you can get easyly the correct tips to solve your issuess with it.

Have fun.

PS: As fare as I can remember PCIRoot UUID and npci on chim... have other default values as Chameleon. They are set in this way for their suggested hardware. Perhaps your issue with your Apps downloads.

Chimera is using other bootfiles Gpt and MBR boot. I do not know how far the beasted install copy this files in these positions. In any case chameleon does not exchange this files, if they were found. I think they can cause also problems and should therefore be manually installed over with the correct chamelon files. Some time ago I tried the beasted method by myself on a sandybridge laptop and got nothing then HD3000 gfx glitches on my lappy. By switching to Chameleon, I got a complete messup of my install and I had to do a new one by making an usbinstaller in the conventionell way with Chameleon and some kexts. This went very well without any glitches in HD3000 gfx.

Since these days I keep my fingers away from the tools with the beast brand. This tools are having enclosed encrypted files (Look here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/278907-permanently-banned-from-tonymacx86/page-14?do=findComment&comment=1937842 ). Nobody knows, what these files are doing, execpt perhaps the developers. If you are using a device, that is created by these tools, you spread this information all over the inet. Look for example in an smbiosplist, created by that platform.

I suggest, that you should use your current install to make a new installer by Pandora. You seem to be skilled ennough for chosing the right options and Asus mainboards are well supported with this tool.

If your problems with the Appstore are not gone, you can get easyly the correct tips to solve your issuess with it.

Have fun.

PS: As fare as I can remember PCIRoot UUID and npci on chim... have other default values as Chameleon. They are set in this way for their suggested hardware. Perhaps your issue with your Apps downloads.

I have read and checked out the Pandora tool when it was in Beta 1 but haven't checked it out since!

Do you recommend it, and if so, could you link me to a guide because I don't have time now to dabble unknowingly with new software, busy with College stuff so no time!

You can find the link to a guide on the download page of Pandora. You seem to be skilled enough to follow only the small tips to it´s options during it´s install to have success with it.

Have fun.

I'll give it a go tomorrow after I come back from Uni :D

Thanks for your help, hope it fixes my problem :D

You can find the link to a guide on the download page of Pandora. You seem to be skilled enough to follow only the small tips to it´s options during it´s install to have success with it.

Have fun.

Per your request I did a reinstall of Mavericks but this time using Pandora and it was a breeze to install but most my installs are a breeze!

Regardless, no change to the app store, same behavior. I want to note that system software updates like the Mavericks Mail and iTunes and iBooks are downloadable without a problem, it's just restricted to downloading previously downloaded apps

I'm having App Store problems too, only different. App store won't let me log in. When I try to it says "An unknown error has occurred". Any ideas how I can fix this?

Install the Chameleon bootloader if you haven't already and post back here