HP Elitebook Folio 9470m Ultrabook

J0hnny

56 posts in this topic

I was able to run the installer with the HD4000 1600x900 (P-Sepper error) config.plist. The OSX installation disk partition on the USB device wasn't the one created according to clover steps though... it was created with Ubeast though (does this even make any difference). If I used the partition with "manually" (i.e. in terminal) created OSX installation disk, then I got the "TLB invalid..." error when trying to boot.

After installation I was able to run probook installer. After all this I got to the point were I always got KP during boot.

Can't remember the kexts now... need to check it tonight. Could have been cpupowermanagement....

The options i checked:

-6x70b/8x70p support kexts

-probookmodel: 4x40s/6x70b/8x70p/4x0 Ivy

-fan -readings only

-Display - high resolution

-SSDT generator

-Sys def: i3/i5 Ivy bridge

-various tools to install...

Did re-install. Was able to get system up with clover on the hdd. Had to remove the SSDT.aml though and add the P/C state to the config.plist. Thanks for the help.

USB doesn't seem to work with USB3 devices. It works with older USB2 devices though.

Audio doesn't work either. Sleep seems to work (at least the one time I've tried it now).

About usb3 patch. It seems that at least with current 3-4 boot-up USB3 was working. Maybe something "odd" with the previous boot-up then... the patch is automatically done by newer probook installer if you select correct Ivy model... so patched, yes. Maybe it's working now.

I'm assuming the same chip present in post#1 Audio: IDT 92HD91BXX

How to check this? DPCIManager lists just Intel's "7 series/c210.... HD audio controller" -> is this the one or something else?

audio device: 0x80861e20 subdevice: 0x103c18df

When I had Ubeast installation I could get the audio working with voodooHDA -> now volume control though and sound wasn't that great. Headphone jack worked but the headphone mic didn't work.

How do I post my DSDT here without just doing PASTE for the whole, long, DSDT content? 

Hmm... interesting. Removed voodooHDA and installed the appleHDA you provided - thanks for that. Now I can see the "speaker" and can adjust volume. The only output device present according to the system is my osx server over airplay though. So didn't work as well as hoped. No possibility to change to use the internal speakers currently.

Because I'm stupid. Thanks for spotting that... I followed exactly all the steps (with the other HDD that is now at home.... which has the voodooHDA installed) forgot to copy the config.plist to the other HDD that is now in the machine. I tried different things with this one earliler.... Now copied the HD4000 config from you and based on 5 min test-run things are working fine.  Volume control works, sleep seems to work at least for now etc... have to check the cpu stepping at some point as well.

Thank you so much for the help.

Headphones work as well. The only thing that is not working is the headphone jack as input currently. At least my headphone mic is not working. But that's not a big issue..

Headphones work as well. The only thing that is not working is the headphone jack as input currently. At least my headphone mic is not working. But that's not a big issue..

I get the same problem too, you can use it as a sterreo line in.

Cant get audio to work. I have tried everything and I'm out of options. For now Im using voodoodha but I like to use AppleHDA for better sound and compatibility.

Im on a HP 9470m with i7. I think my audio codec is IDT 92HD87. I have followed the pro book clover guide and everything works except audio. Anybody can help?

Attachment

boot.log

config.plist

DSDT.aml

SSDT.aml

Arkiv.zip

It seems that I'm suffering from the annoying fan-noise, which seems to be quite common with this model. Does anyone have 9470m without this issue?

Does the "silent-fan" patch work fine with 9470m? Would be nice to minimise this whining noise.