51 replies to this topic

J0hnny

J0hnny

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello!

I have a plan to install OsX Mavericks to my HP elitebook Folio 9470m ultrabook, which have a following components:

CPU: i5 3427U
Chipset: QM77
Wifi: Intel Advanced N-6235
Lan: Intel 82579LM
Audio: IDT 92HD91BXX
VGA: Intel HD4000
Bluetooth: Intel Wireless Bluetooth 4.0+HSA
Cardreader: Jmicron JMB38X
Webcam: SPCA2062 PC (HP HD Webcam)

My question is anyone tried install OsX to this kind of Notebook? It can work successfully, or I just wasting for my time?

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

I don't have much experience with low-voltage laptops but I think it should work. Google for "HP probook installer" and follow the guides there. Your wifi card will not work, find another compatible card to get it working.

J0hnny

J0hnny

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks, I will try.

J0hnny

J0hnny

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Finally I had almost successfully installed Mavricks. 

Not working:

-Wifi

-Fingerprint

-GPS

-WWan

Problem: 

USB is not working properly. When I put something to the port not recognize, BUT if I put in before I boot It recognize. What can I do? Thanks

catalamac

catalamac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Can you tell me what switches you used on the installation.  I have tried quite a few but continue to get a black screen after the system boots.  Thanks. 

Also did you use any of the Probook installers?

winapenny

winapenny

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

I also get Mavericks running on my 9470m dual-booting with Windows 8.1 on MBR.  The following does not work for me:

- Audio

- Pointstick as the mouse (but the trackpad works fine, except for not able to perform the complex gestures such as 2-finger zoom)

- Wifi

- Enter to sleep state

- Smartcard Reader

- Bluetooth cannot be turned off, and sometimes pop-up searching for a stupid bluetooth keyboard.

So in particular like Audio and Sleep state, how do you make it work?

winapenny

winapenny

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Hi J0hnny,

For the USB, I installed the Intel USB 3.0 patch available from the HP Probook Installer 6.1, however it (sometimes) cannot recognize USB 2.0 devices.  Then I install back the original USB kext and now it works so far so good.

winapenny

winapenny

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Hi catalamac,

The issue should mainly be the graphical injection.  Please type in:

IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660004

at the very beginning of the ##### boot.  You'll be fine then.

may10812

may10812

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I don't want to hijack this thread but I have some relevant data to share that others might find useful.

I have a EliteBook 9470m and have been playing around with 10.9.  I have a fairly functional 10.9 instance that performs quite well.

Working:

Video both internal and external

Audio

NIC

USB 3.0

MultiTouch Touchpad and keyboard

Docking Station with external ports

Not working:

Bluetooth

WiFi

What I did to get things to function:

I was able to get internal video using the latest chimera 2.2 bootloader and using IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660003.  

Internal NIc was enabled using the intel1000 kext commonly found within some of the various tools and forums.

While using my dock I kept the native default settings (Which I believe are IGPlatformID=01660009 and was able to get external video through both the dock VGA adapter and the Displayport on the dock.  Undocking and redocking caused issues with the video and required a reboot to resolve.

As far as audio I was able to use the VoodooHDA 2.8.4 and get output on the internal speakers.  I have not tested the headphone jack or internal microphone.

Full multitouch on the touchpad was enabled using the VoodooPs2 kext I found on Google Code.  I had previously been using a modified ApplePs2 kext to get basic keyboard/mouse functionality.

For USB I had to use the generic USB kext which let me mount/dismount external usb drives and USB keyboard/mouse.  The USB from the docking station worked natively, but once a device was unplugged then replugged it was no longer functioning until the generic USB kext was in place.

Still under exploration is the internal WiFI.  I actually have a HP Broadcom BCM4312 (deviceID=4315)but none of the BCM kext I have used have been able to enable it.  However, it does show up when using a sysinfo app I found when browsing the forums.

Internal bluetooth is also not enabled nor is it actually listed when using the sysinfo app.  It is an intel version.  Any input on that would be helpful.  (edit) I later put in the Intel WiFi card and removed the Broadcom WiFi card since I was unable to get it to function.  Upon reboot, the Bluetooth was enabled and working fine without any modification.  Clearly the Bluetooth and WiFi cards are connected and enabled together somehow. 

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Use Probook Installer with option for HP 8x70p Ivy . Don't check "Intel USB 3.0 patch"

Biso007

Biso007

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

I have Mavericks 10.9.1 on Elitebook 8460p and everything is fine except wifi of course.

The one remaining thing is CPU power management ... any one could get it enabled ?

P.S I mean functional AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext loaded without KP and CPU moving between multiple frequencies ?

TIA

shagler

shagler

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

As far as audio I was able to use the VoodooHDA 2.8.4 and get output on the internal speakers.  I have not tested the headphone jack or internal microphone.

Curious if anyone has been able to get Audio working correctly?  I have the same 9470M and have Mavericks running on it...used the VoodooHDA 2.8.4 to get Audio to work, but it has limited volume, volume controls do not work (they show the onscreen changes, but volume is not affected)....I see that I can adjust (minimally) the volume from the VoodooHDA settings in System Preferences, but would love to get this working to its fullest.  

Thanks

Steven

may10812

may10812

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Curious if anyone has been able to get Audio working correctly?  I have the same 9470M and have Mavericks running on it...used the VoodooHDA 2.8.4 to get Audio to work, but it has limited volume, volume controls do not work (they show the onscreen changes, but volume is not affected)....I see that I can adjust (minimally) the volume from the VoodooHDA settings in System Preferences, but would love to get this working to its fullest.  

Thanks

Steven

I have not made any further adjustments with the audio or experimented with the voodooHDA 2.8.4 kext.  It is not perfect that is for sure but it does seem to work for my general needs.  I also have a USB headset that works great and is where I generally have my audio playing from and that is why I have not explored much further the external audio speaker systems.

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
For HP 9470m, use Probook Installer with option for HP 4x0s Ivy. It will automatically patch your AppleHDA and your DSDT and everything will work (except wifi, you need HP-branded Broadcom 43224 a/b/g if you have BIOS whitelist).

shagler

shagler

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

For HP 9470m, use Probook Installer with option for HP 4x0s Ivy. It will automatically patch your AppleHDA and your DSDT and everything will work (except wifi, you need HP-branded Broadcom 43224 a/b/g if you have BIOS whitelist).

I can confirm this works...I had started with VoodooHDA, but after reverting to original AppleHDA and then using Probook Installer, I have fully functioning audio...volume is good, everything just works.

Steven

klhd

klhd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

what you mean by "BIOS whitelist" ?

and how can I check if I have it or not :)

I'm thinking of installing a 2nd SSD in the msata bay. Has anyone ever tried it?

thank u

may10812

may10812

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I can confirm this works...I had started with VoodooHDA, but after reverting to original AppleHDA and then using Probook Installer, I have fully functioning audio...volume is good, everything just works.

Steven

I too can confirm.  Using the HP probook installer and choosing HP 4x0s Ivy seems to provide everything I was doing manually before.  SD card reader is also functioning.  I am currently running 10.9.1 on 9470m.  

klhd

klhd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I too can confirm.  Using the HP probook installer and choosing HP 4x0s Ivy seems to provide everything I was doing manually before.  SD card reader is also functioning.  I am currently running 10.9.1 on 9470m.  

i installed it with hp pro book installer 6.1.13 choosing the option OSX supported kexts-->4x40s supported kexts

then selected chameleon bootloader

It does not install any boot loader (even with maltibist,chimera).. any tips?

EDIT boot loader problem is a know problem. i'll try to solve it.

I installed the voodoohda package and now the audio is working!

FOr the wi-fi: is there a 802.11ac compliant wi-fi card that works on mavericks?

basso1

basso1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Has anyone had any luck with the power management? 

Probook installer got other things working quite nicely (except the wifi of course), but still have to use NULLcpupowermanagement in order to boot.

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Use my guide with Clover install (search for "Probook mavericks clover" in google). Use the config.plist "HD4000 (P-Stepper Error)", and select HP 8x70p when running HP Probook Installer and you're fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy