White screen issue with ati 7xxx series cards (7950)

shenstone

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have made a hackintosh using iAtkos Ml2 and i have a Sapphire HD 7950 graphics card running ML 10.8.3. My problem lies when booting up, i just get a white screen when booted using the flags fx_kernel arch=x32_64 GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=deadbeef -f -v.

Please note that i have done some reasearch myself to attempt to resolve the issue. Although it appears that i am in the worst possible situation as i don't have a secondary/build in graphics card and my computer can't sleep which are the two main fixes for the problem. I am aware that there is a fix by using fbrotate at startup although it doesn't appear to work for me :(.

EDIT: I was doing some additional reasearch and some sites seemed to suggest that i could do something with a DSDT file or something and it may fix it, is this correct (i found it here:http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/2012/12/04/about-amd-7970-working-with-full-qe/)

If anyone has a suggestion for fixing the issue please make a post!

Many thanks,

Shenstone

It turns out that i carn't install fb-rotate in safe mode so i disabled the Ati7000controller.kext booted in normal mode installed fb-rotate and re-enabled the kext. I then rebooted and typed in  my password blind and fb-rotate worked so i now have a fully working graphics card!

Just a side note... I was able to reproduce the White Screen on my fully working card by changing the framebuffer to another for testing ending up white screening.... Just in case someone else comes across this problem, steps are: Update Bootloader, Try different framebuffers for your card or use fbrotate.