OSX on DELL Vostro 3450 / Inspiron N4110 / XPS L702x UEFI Clover

TimeWalker75a

1,149 posts in this topic

i using patch and injection to config but mic don't work.It's really stranger

You're not the only one. I manually patched the AppleHDA codec for the ALC269VB on my XPS 15z and sound works, but mic doesn't. Same results with the AppleALC codec as well.

Seems to be an issue on this chipset. Has anyone had any success?

Other than that Sierra is a pleasant surprise. Other than the Fn keys (which I've mitigated using Keyboard Maestro) and the native Cypress trackpad (which I need to dig out my C++ skills for), it's working quite well.

BTW - Hope you're fully recovered and feeling better TW!

You're not the only one. I manually patched the AppleHDA codec for the ALC269VB on my XPS 15z and sound works, but mic doesn't. Same results with the AppleALC codec as well.

Seems to be an issue on this chipset. Has anyone had any success?

Other than that Sierra is a pleasant surprise. Other than the Fn keys (which I've mitigated using Keyboard Maestro) and the native Cypress trackpad (which I need to dig out my C++ skills for), it's working quite well.

BTW - Hope you're fully recovered and feeling better TW!

This worked for mic and sound with my n4110.

AppleHDA-276.26-ALC269VB_v4.zip

• Like 1

I have vostro 3450 too, your USBs 2.0 is working?

for audio, you can try install AppleALC by vit9696 or voodooHDA

Hi SergioDinizSH!!! Yeah my USBs 2.0 are working!!

At first I tryed the DELL SCT OSX Support Package, but Clover wasn't installing and usb stopped after reboot, I was getting into the system only with the USB Bootable Clover...

So I tryed other methods, and the one that works was, after installing El Capitan and getting into the system:

Install only Clover from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], replace the files and kext provided on this topic in the EFI partition... and also install those Kexts with KextUtility...

So I reboot and Clover was ok! But USB wasn't working any more.

Then I came to [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and tryed the "7/8/9 Series Support" and "Increase Max Port Limit"... I've got an erro, but I got into the Extensions folder and the two kext that should been installed was there: USBInjectAll and FakePCIID_XHCIMux... So I reboot and USB 2.0 was working!

Then I noticed that I lost Ethernet, but with RTL8111 it worked again, and so it was just missing the audio.

I hope I can help with this, and sorry because I could not answer before.

After some re-coding and compiling I've got the ALC269VB Sound and Cypress Trackpad working on my 15z.

For anyone who's having problems with that respective hardware I've attached the kexts here.

Oh, and for anyone who has USB2/3 problems (and has the NEC/Renesas USB3.0 hardware) I've found that the PXHCD kext works better than the Generic USB kext. I've also attached it here just in case

AppleHDA-276.26-ALC269VB-5.zip

VoodooPS2Controller-Cypress.zip

PXHCD-Renesas.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After some re-coding and compiling I've got the ALC269VB Sound and Cypress Trackpad working on my 15z.

For anyone who's having problems with that respective hardware I've attached the kexts here.

Oh, and for anyone who has USB2/3 problems (and has the NEC/Renesas USB3.0 hardware) I've found that the PXHCD kext works better than the Generic USB kext. I've also attached it here just in case

I tried your ALC269VB but audio not work.What patch you use on DSDT?

I just have a patch in HDEF to point it to layout 3. Everything else is handled in AppleHDA (and now CodecCommander).

If the attachment didn't work it's most likely the wrong verbs and/or pinconfig due to a slightly different 269VB chipset (my sub-vendor id is 0446).

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I got Sierra running on my L702x not like TW build on Yosimite but it's acceptable, I hope TW get better and comes with another SCT OSX for Sierra.

working
Audio
USB2/USB3
Display
Wifi + ethernet + Bluetooth

Not working
Nec Renesas uPD720200 USB3.0 working now I didn't see the kext that jkbuha posted
not option to turn off Bluetooth
Camera 

image.png

It's not a 100% working build but I'm satisfied with the results, Thanks to TW and RehabMan

Does the SCT tool require something special to be able to install Clover to the main HDD? Because my log looks like this:

-------------- DELL SCT Pre-Installation Start -------------
14:24:03: mounting efi partition
14:24:03: booted disk is currently /dev/disk1
14:24:03: efi map created, mounting partition to /Volumes/EFI
14:24:03: /dev/dis1 mounted to mapped /Volumes/EFI
--------------- DELL SCT Pre-Installation End --------------

----------- Clover Main Pre-Installation Start ------------
------------------ Clover Data Backup Start -----------------
14:24:03: created Desktop/Backups/2017-02-13
------------------- Clover Data Backup End ------------------
------------- Clover Main Pre-Installation End ------------

----------- Common Files Pre-Installation Start -----------
-------------- Kernel Extension Backup Start --------------
14:24:03: backing up kernel extensions to Desktop/Backups/2017-02-13/Extensions
---------------  Kernel Extension Backup End --------------
------------ Common Files Pre-Installation End -------------

--------------- Clover Main Installation Start --------------
14:24:38: copying main portion of Clover to 
14:24:38: setting hibernatemode as 7 to allow hibernate (not on-demand!)
14:24:38: previous sleep image was removed
----------------- Clover Main Installation End --------------

------------- Customization Installation Start ------------
14:24:38: customized system profile definitions copied to ~/Library/Preferences/
14:24:38: custom system profile definitions removed from tmp
-------------- Customization Installation End -------------

---------------- HWMonitor Installation Start --------------
14:24:39: tools dir didn't exist, created one
14:24:39: owner set to username
14:24:39: unzipped HWMonitor, now copying it to tools
----------------- HWMonitor Installation End ---------------

--------------- KextUtility Installation Start -------------
14:24:39: unzipped KextUtility, now copying it to tools
---------------- KextUtility Installation End --------------

----------------- Mounter Installation Start ---------------
14:24:39: unzipped Mounter, now copying it to tools
----------------- Mounter Installation End -----------------

---------------- iGlasses Installation Start ---------------
14:24:40: unzipped iGlasses, now copying it to tools
----------------- iGlasses Installation End ----------------

Notice the missing path at "14:24:38: copying main portion of Clover to". Because of this I always need the USB drive with Clover 2922 to start the system and the serial etc. are not being applied.

Could anybody please help me with this?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, after all those years I have finally figured out what this connector patch for the L702X should be to enable the mDP port, with display audio, AFAIK this hasn't been posted earlier. This adds properties to select framebuffer ID 00010000 (mobile Sandy Bridge) and adds display audio properties:

<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
<key>AddProperties</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Device</key>
<string>IntelGFX</string>
<key>Key</key>
<string>AAPL,snb-platform-id</string>
<key>Value</key>
<data>AAABAA==</data>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Selects mobile HD3000 framebuffer</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Device</key>
<string>IntelGFX</string>
<key>Key</key>
<string>hda-gfx</string>
<key>Value</key>
<string>onboard-1</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>hda-gfx=onboard-1 for HDMI audio</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Device</key>
<string>HDA</string>
<key>Key</key>
<string>hda-gfx</string>
<key>Value</key>
<string>onboard-1</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>hda-gfx=onboard-1 for HDMI audio</string>
</dict>
</array>
</dict>

And the framebuffer edit:

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>Debug</key>
<false/>
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>L702X_non3D_connector_patch</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AQIEABAHAAAQBwAABQMAAAIAAAAwAAAAAgUAAAAEAAAHAAAAAwQAAAAEAAAJAAAABAYAAAAEAAAJAAAA</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AQICABAHAAAQBwAABQMAAAIAAAAwAAAAAwQAAAAEAAAJAAAAAAAAAAEAAABAAAAAAAAAAAEAAABAAAAA</data>
</dict>
</array>
</dict>

Hope this still helps someone :)

• Like 2

Good to hear! The L702X is still my daily machine, even after six years it still works and performs well, quite amazing actually. Mobility is the only thing, but well. It is currently still on Yosemite, might try to update to (High) Sierra, but that seems to be quite a hassle. For the Renesas USB3 controller, faking an Intel USB3 controller via FakePCIID does not work?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a Dell Vostro 3750 with a more or less working multi boot install - OSX 10.7, windows 7, Linux Mint 12 - bootloader is Chameleon v2.0 r1394.
I guess if I flash the BIOS that won't work any longer. Right?
It would be a nice option to leave the HD untouched and put in a new one so that I would still have a working system in case anything goes wrong.
Would that work if I flash the BIOS again with the DELL 3750A14?

Actually the Vostro is on BIOS Version A11. Should the first step be to update it to A14?

Edit: would the old hd still boot after flashing the BIOS if "enable UEFI boot" is not enabled?

Edited by pilsator
new idea

Hello!

Update your bios to A14 and then flash the cracked one. For booting from the second hdd in the bay, you have to follow the instructions on first post (read it carefully)

With UEFI boot (Clover) enabled you can still boot your legacy systems by exiting clover or changing boot priority in bios.

Have fun.

Ok, thanks. I bought my last computer before there was UEFI. I heard of it and it's different boot process. Didn't know that you still can boot from oldstyle mbr-hd's.
I'm always a bit nervous at the point of no return...
According to the manual the post install pkg is made for 10.9 and 10.10.
Did anybody try it with the recent system?

So I flashed the BIOS on a Vostro 3750 with an i5 CPU and rebooted in legacy mode with minor problems. The windows 7 activation is broken - shouldn't be a problem to reactivate. The fan is constantly spinning and I didn't find any fan profile options in the BIOS. Do I have to look somewhere else? In Clover or the Dell sct package?

Later I plan to exchange the hd against an ssd and try an UEFI multiboot install.
I'm not sure whether I understand the following part of the manual as I'm not a native english speaker:

"N.B. Make sure to rename EFI/CLOVER/config-17 or config-14 (depending on the computer model) to just config.plist, EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched-17 and patched-14 to just patched respectively!"

On what exactly does it depend what files I have to rename? On the display size? In my case 17 inch. So I would rename config-17 to config.plist and patched-17 to patched. Right?

• 2 weeks later...

I installed Yosemite and ran into similar problems as described by sky-lo-fi on November 4, 2013.

Good news first: Installation went flawless, graphics look fine, sleep and wake work, ethernet works. I’m using the vostro right now.

Bad news:

1) No sound. The Codec is a realtek alc269. As far as I remember AppleHDA had to be patched for my previous 10.7-Installation years ago. But it might be done with SSDTs here (I have just a vague idea what that is) and the SSDTs might make the stock AppleHDA work but interfere with the patched one.

2) Now that I found out that HWMonitor is an application and not a BIOS-option I also found the fan profiles in the menu. But they don’t have any effect on the behavior of the fans. They are constantly spinning, whatever profile I choose.

3) The FN-key doesn’t toggle anything in combination with the F-keys.

4) Touchpad doesn’t work.

5) Numbers block doesn’t work.

6) WiFi doesn’t work. Not a surprise without OS X support for the Intel Centrino N-1030.

After reading some pages of this long thread I believe that at least the first two problems might have to do with the fact that there is an i5 instead of an i3 in my Vostro. So I ran ssdtPRGen.sh without errors, removed in wild trial-and-error-style SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-2.aml and SSDT-4.aml from the EFI/CLOVER/patched-folder and copied SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-2.aml, SSDT-3.aml, SSDT-4.aml and SSDT-5.aml generated by ssdtPRGen.sh to this place.
But that seemed to make things worse. Now the fan profiles in HWMonitor were gone. So I went back to the SSDTs installed by the DELL SCT OS X Support Package v1.1.3 (btw.: thanks for it and the guide).

Some of the problems might have to do with hardware differences between the 3450 and the 3750 (does the 3450 have a numbers block?)

May I ask for help? Of course it’s not fair to let others work for you for free but it might perhaps be a piece of cake for you (?) I have just a basic understanding but no deep knowledge of computers and it’s not my main interest.

Additional info: I ran the DELL SCT OS X Support Package with the following options checked:

DELL System: 17inch/NVidia Optimus Graphics - although there is no NVidia card in my Vostro. But if I unchecked this option it would also uncheck „17 inch“, so I left it checked.

Ethernet controller: Gigabit

Wireless Module: AW-NB290. (I don’t know why I checked that. Maybe I had to check one, don’t remember.)

Customization: Disable Hibernation/System Profiler: Vostro 3450

• 1 year later...

Hello, I'm using the N4110, after flashing the BIOS from Inspiron N4110 A12-C4, there are some advanced options including the UEFI option and some others. The UEFI option is working for me, which is excellent.

However,  when I want to change the PCIe configuration to enable port 2,  the settings do not work. The settings can be edit and save, but port 2 cannot be seen in the system. Furthermore, when I disable all the PCIe ports(default enabled port 1, 3, 5), all the ports still can be seen in the system, and are all correctly working. The system diagram is shown in the attachment.

The reason I want to enable port 2 is to utilize the WWAN slot on the motherboard. And furthermore, I want to add the external graphics cards to the N4110 via PCIe slot.

Currently, it is working via the WLAN PCIe port with GTX 730 card which has 1gb memory. But when I change to another GPU card like GTX750ti 2gb, the N4110 can not boot up with only a back screen after pushing the power button. But ONLY when I reduce my 8gb memory to 2gb, the 750ti could work correctly.

I guess the onboard 6630m has taken a lot of resources that leave a little resource to the external graphics cards. 

So, is it possible to disable the 6630m via the BIOS? Or expand the BIOS resource from 32bit to more i.e 36bit ? 

QQ图片20191216164405.jpg