OSX on DELL Vostro 3450 / Inspiron N4110 / XPS L702x UEFI Clover

TimeWalker75a

1,149 posts in this topic

Huh.. a new one? I don't think it's a standard LVDS for 14R, seems like a panel from Dell Latitude E5420. 

Can you paste the complete EDID string, or better off an EDID binary (use DarwinDumper to extract) ? 

Edit: nevermind, I think I got it.. so we have a new one, apparently:

SEC (Samsung Electronics Co Ltd.) HJ387  - [4ca3:5441] (produced early 2010) -> missing DisplayOverride .. 

You need to create a custom profile using a demo of SwitchResX in order to change the frequency of the panel to overcome artifacts.. 

I do, but I don't have time .. and the language barrier will be a problem it seems.

Also, even if we do something over teamviewer it would be useless because with every adjustment to frequency of the panel you'd need to restart your laptop... which implies A LOT OF TIME being required for this.

I do, but I don't have time .. and the language barrier will be a problem it seems.

Also, even if we do something over teamviewer it would be useless because with every adjustment to frequency of the panel you'd need to restart your laptop... which implies A LOT OF TIME being required for this.

thank :D

you have write guide change it ? 

:D thank time walker 

problems fixed 

I don't even have any display overrides and I don't get any display artifacts using @TW's installer or ever. I do however have noticed some artifacts when waking up from sleep but not all the time.

@ supersonic_32 - Please be specific about the answers. Do you have an Optimus Laptop? Can you post your full specs? Try to boot the installer with Inject Kext and verbose mode. 

I am having the same problem as @supersonic_32

I have the same laptop Dell XPS 17 l702x With optimus GT 550M and the integrated gpu (intel 3000 HD)

8 GB of ram

2 500 GB HD's

I7 processor.

900p screen

Everything is fine until "a second remaining" appears. then 27 minutes later I get this:

Oct  4 07:58:50 localhost Install OS X Mavericks[425]: Verifying InstallMacOSX.pkg/InstallESD.dmg

Oct  4 08:45:59 localhost Install OS X Mavericks[425]: Finished operation queue
Oct  4 08:45:59 localhost Unknown[386]: nvram: nvram is not supported on this system
Oct  4 08:45:59 localhost Install OS X Mavericks[425]: Failed to set prev-lang:kbd
Oct  4 08:45:59 localhost Install OS X Mavericks[425]: Opening /Volumes/Image Volume/Install OS X Mavericks.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg
Oct  4 08:46:03 localhost Install OS X Mavericks[425]: Extracting boot files from /Volumes/OS X Install ESD/BaseSystem.dmg
Oct  4 08:46:07 localhost Install OS X Mavericks[425]: Failed to write imgsrc info to nvram
Oct  4 08:46:07 localhost Install OS X Mavericks[425]: Extracting Boot Bits from Inner DMG:
Oct  4 08:46:11 localhost Install OS X Mavericks[425]: Copied kernelcache
Oct  4 08:46:12 localhost Install OS X Mavericks[425]: Copied Boot.efi
Oct  4 08:46:12 localhost Install OS X Mavericks[425]: Copied PlatformSupport.plist
Oct  4 08:46:12 localhost Install OS X Mavericks[425]: Ejecting disk images
Oct  4 08:46:17 localhost Install OS X Mavericks[425]: Generating the com.apple.Boot.plist file
Oct  4 08:46:17 localhost Install OS X Mavericks[425]: com.apple.Boot.plist: {
   "Kernel Cache" = "/.IABootFiles/kernelcache";
   "Kernel Flags" = "container-dmg=file:///Install%20OS%20X%20Mavericks.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg root-dmg=file:///BaseSystem.dmg";
}
Oct  4 08:46:17 localhost Install OS X Mavericks[425]: Done generating the com.apple.Boot.plist file
Oct  4 08:46:17 localhost Install OS X Mavericks[425]: Blessing /Volumes/Image Volume -- /Volumes/Image Volume/.IABootFiles
Oct  4 08:46:17 localhost Install OS X Mavericks[425]: Blessing Mount Point:/Volumes/Image Volume Folder:/Volumes/Image Volume/.IABootFiles plist:com.apple.Boot.plist
Oct  4 08:46:17 localhost Install OS X Mavericks[425]: ***************************** Setting Startup Disk *****************************
Oct  4 08:46:17 localhost Install OS X Mavericks[425]: ******           Path: /Volumes/Image Volume
Oct  4 08:46:17 localhost Install OS X Mavericks[425]: ******     Boot Plist: /Volumes/Image Volume/.IABootFiles/com.apple.Boot.plist
Oct  4 08:46:17 localhost Install OS X Mavericks[425]: /usr/sbin/bless -setBoot -folder /Volumes/Image Volume/.IABootFiles -bootefi /Volumes/Image Volume/.IABootFiles/boot.efi -options config="\.IABootFiles\com.apple.Boot" -label OS X Installer
Oct  4 08:46:18 localhost Unknown[386]: Could not find IODeviceTree:/options
Oct  4 08:46:18 localhost Install OS X Mavericks[425]: Bless on /Volumes/Image Volume failed
Oct  4 08:46:18 localhost Install OS X Mavericks[425]: Couldn't bless the installation disk: /Volumes/Image Volume

I am using everything that was linked from the first post with the exception of a GenericUSBXHCI.kext that allowed me to to move past the initial part i was stuck on.

I am not currently using any boot flags.

Ive re-downloaded the mavericks.app to make sure it wasn't faulty.

I am trying to install OSX onto an external HDD as i would like to keep my second HD for files.

Lastly, I am using at 16gb san cruzer flash drive for the usb boot. I put it and the clover boot in the USB 3.0 ports as the 2.0 ports didnt seem to recognize anything before an OS is loaded.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: And prior to posting this, i tried using a chameleon boot loader to circumvent the initial clover installation (as suggested on the last page) but I did not even make it past the DOS screen before it hung.

I think there's a missing driver that is causing the installation to fail. Can you remove the drives64UEFI folder from your USB installation under EFI > Clover and put the attached folder in there. It should work.

@TimeWalker - The USB files are missing the emuVariable nvram driver. Maybe you can put the the newer Optiofix2 driver in there which should also resolve the problem.

drivers64UEFI.zip

• Like 1

I think there's a missing driver that is causing the installation to fail. Can you remove the drives64UEFI folder from your USB installation under EFI > Clover and put the attached folder in there. It should work.

@TimeWalker - The USB files are missing the emuVariable nvram driver. Maybe you can put the the newer Optiofix2 driver in there which should also resolve the problem.

Thanks i was able to install because of this.

It's up and running now. I've installed the Dell osx pkg.

Now just trying to get every thing working. Only have ethernet working as of right now.

Sorry, after I installed the package, I was able to use Ethernet to access the internet.

But I had no sound, screen artifacts, and no wifi.

How do I provide the two items you mentioned, darwindump and ioreg(iinput/output registry im assuming?)

Thanks.

For sound the cause may be caches not being up to date, try typing this in terminal:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions 

this will trigger proper kernel cache rebuild process .. though it should have happened after installing the package.

Screen artifacts are to be expected and this is why I was forcing @webcivilian to provide at least an override for his LVDS panel.

No Wi-Fi ... have you got a compatible card in order to expect it to work? The selection section in the package gives you an idea about general cards used by hackintosh community that are known to have support. 

Relecant software can be found following these links:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/282794-darwindumper/ (make the dumps private)

http://rghost.ru/22917041

• Like 1

For sound the cause may be caches not being up to date, try typing this in terminal:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions 

this will trigger proper kernel cache rebuild process .. though it should have happened after installing the package.

Screen artifacts are to be expected and this is why I was forcing @webcivilian to provide at least an override for his LVDS panel.

No Wi-Fi ... have you got a compatible card in order to expect it to work? The selection section in the package gives you an idea about general cards used by hackintosh community that are known to have support. 

Relecant software can be found following these links:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/282794-darwindumper/ (make the dumps private)

http://rghost.ru/22917041

Thanks!

Seems my wifi card is not applicable I have a Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 but i will make sure to try the sound fix and report back.

I have sound now. I was booting up the wrong way(with out caches with injections) now i just boot from mac osx, artifacts seem to be gone also. Have a wireless card on the way so I should be set

Thanks again.

edit: Some artifacts are still popping up but not as bad as before.

Good to know it's working for the most part. At least I have my first report on support for L702x

Yeah, as we established earlier most panels need a proper display override to completely eliminate artefacts. Sadly, only the handler of the respective machine can debug this ..