OSX on DELL Vostro 3450 / Inspiron N4110 / XPS L702x UEFI Clover

TimeWalker75a

1,149 posts in this topic

this is the MemoryMap

Passed the info to @dmazar and according to him your memmap isn't looking good. He requests you dump it from shell too. But it has to be Shell laucnhed as bootx64.efi and not Shell from clover. So just take the Shell64U.efi from tools on ESP and put it on a FAT32 stick in EFI/BOOT/bootx64.efi

Once you boot up your laptop start that shell and proceed with the command:

fs0:

memmap > fs0:\uefi-map.txt

Then grab the file from the root of your USB stick and attach here..

Passed the info to @dmazar and according to him your memmap isn't looking good. He requests you dump it from shell too. But it has to be Shell laucnhed as bootx64.efi and not Shell from clover. So just take the Shell64U.efi from tools on ESP and put it on a FAT32 stick in EFI/BOOT/bootx64.efi

fs0:

uefi-ma.txt

fs0:

TW, dmazar received uefi-map.txt file?

next stop hibernate  :)

You need to, sorry I forgot to mention it. Otherwise clover will never read the sleepimage.

I will update the package next weekend probably to include all this .. have it on my notes.

Trying to combat the issue of non-working headphone jack after rebooting from Windows.. got fed up of shutting down while I have my laptop connected to an external display with the LID closed all the time.

You need to, sorry I forgot to mention it. Otherwise clover will never read the sleepimage.

I will update the package next weekend probably to include all this .. have it on my notes.

Trying to combat the issue of non-working headphone jack after rebooting from Windows.. got fed up of shutting down while I have my laptop connected to an external display with the LID closed all the time.

maybe you don't believe me but, when i was on Mavericks 10.9.2 ( only on 10.9.2)  i could restart from windows to Mac without losing headphone jack audio. 

UPD: IC, i'll be waiting for the next update to test it. the CC that you provide me it working perfect on my system. the one on 1.1.0 doesnt.

I do believe you - it's not a problem with Mac, it's a problem with DELL drivers. At least ones that come bundled in my recovery Windows 7 Professional image ... since there are no newer drivers from Realtek that would enable SRS sound I'm forced to used these ones which have the bug. When I had Windows 8.1 Update 1 installed this never happened .. but for for some peculiar reasons I was forced to go back to Windows 7 and now we are back to square one.

• Like 1

FWIW - I have the same problem with Realtek ALC269VB losing headphone jack audio (even with non-SRS drivers). Even a full power off & restart doesn't solve the issue, at least on my L511z. Win 7 or 8.1.

Have you tried these new(ish) SRS drivers on the Vostro: http://station-drivers.com/index.php/articles/849-realtek-high-definition-audio-hda-version-r2-74-7179-whql