nForce OS X Mavericks (10.9) APP STORE DOWNLOAD INSTALL GUIDE on a Series 6 or 7 nForce chipset / Intel CPU MOBO

verdant

181 posts in this topic

@one9092002

Which issue? 

Also what is your firewire issue?

For ALC883 have you tried the proposed solutions here......

firewire dont work  

also have dfi p965-s board and it has the q6600 2.4 ghz processor  i would like to get native power management i was wondering if you could help me with that 

For P5N-D firewire, if not already enabled in BIOS when you extracted DSDT, IOReg and lspci, then enable IEEE394 in BIOS and then give me DSDT, IOReg and lspci -b -nn again.....

I cannot help you with dfi p965-s board in this forum.........but I will answer in your topic......:)

If IEEE1394a was already enabled in BIOs, then the previously extracted DSDT, IOReg and lspci info can be used........

Q1. Does Firewire show up in your system report?

Q2. Are you wanting to use on-board Firewire?

Q3. Are you wanting to use PCI-e/PCI Firewire card?

What shows up in OS X System Report under Firewire....?

If the external firewire dvd player shows up in System Report it is not likely to be a MOBO / DSDT issue

Also does the external firewire dvd player work with any other OS X apps....? Check as follows:

Download and install VLC player 
Go to System Preferences > CDs & DVDs
Under "When you insert a video DVD" click on the dialog box. and choose "Open other application ..."
Then choose VLC

I ask because the error message you get is usually a OS X issue and not a MOBO issue.....see

http://macenstein.com/default/2011/07/how-to-get-your-external-super-drive-working-in-lion/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Copy across from your running 64bit mode Snow Leopard, or Lion, or Mountain Lion system, your MOBO's OS X DSDT.aml file into the open target HDD OS X Mavericks window, i.e. the target HDD volume's root i.e. / directory…….

im running new mobo...there isnt an osx installed on it to get the dsdt.aml file from.

smbios.plist for MacPro3,1 (use the one from MaLd0n's Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon, DP4, GM and FINAL topic…….), or whatever MacProx,y designation matches your CPU....

how do i know which one? ive got core 2 quad. my snow leopard install says my old setup is an imac lol but this is totally diff mobo

modules folder (containing e.g. FileNVRAM.dylib)

where do i find this particular modules folder?

@GaryThePCGuy

In answer to your Qs

1. im running new mobo...there isnt an osx installed on it to get the dsdt.aml file from.

Extract your original DSDT.aml file off the PC using the Ubuntu Live DVD, plug in a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive and then go to the Terminal and type either

cd /media/"Volume name of the USB flash drive"
sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT > DSDT.aml

for Ubuntu 11.xx and later, or

cd /media/"Volume name of the USB flash drive"
sudo cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > DSDT.aml

for Ubuntu 10.xx or earlier. In either case, the extracted DSDT.aml file should have been saved on the USB flash drive, for later decompiling, patching and recompiling using iasl or iasl based tools, so send me a download link for your extracted DSDT.aml file....

You can use your Snow Leopard OS on the other MOBO to set up the OS X Mavericks USB installer.....

2. how do i know which one? ive got core 2 quad. my snow leopard install says my old setup is an imac lol but this is totally diff mobo

For a Core2Quad CPU, as I have, you can use smbios.plist for MacPro3,1 (use the one from MaLd0n's Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon, DP4, GM and FINAL topic…….)

3. where do i find this particular modules folder?

It is an install option in the Chameleon bootloader package installer that you can download form IM downloads section....

• Like 1

ok so even tho i dont have an os running on the new setup (i have it mocked up) i can use the ubuntu disc? ....looks like i got the right smbios.plist then....and i already dl's the chameleon package so ill hunt around in there. thanks will keep you updated as it progresses.

im amazed at how much more in depth this install is compared to my sl install (asus p5g41-m le)

and the dell d630/lion install i did...learning a ton!

I have not had that error reported to me before.....

Try re-seating the RAM modules and then reboot the PC from the USB installer using the boot flags -v, then if not successful, try with boot flags -v cpus=2 maxmem=2 or -v maxmem=2048 and see what happens....

Yes, and if you can try a different USB flash drive......

[6] Copy across from your running 64bit mode Snow Leopard, or Lion, or Mountain Lion system, your MOBO's OS X DSDT.aml file into the open target HDD OS X Mavericks window, i.e. the target HDD volume's root i.e. / directory…….

are you saying copy dsdt.aml onto flashdrive or the hdd that mavericks is to be installed on?

also

org.chameleon.Boot.plist

I searched verdant support files and my whole hack. only finds ones for current sl install or one loaded on flashdrive already.......

The DSDT.aml file goes on the hdd that mavericks is to be installed , into the root i.e. / directory but can also be put into the root i.e. / directory of the USB flash drive installer....but in your case with a fresh install, the DSDT.aml file needs to generated first.....

Your current Snow Leopard org.chameleon.Boot.plist can simply be modified as required for OS X Mavericks, e.g. adding UserKernelCache=yes 

ok. ill try to mod it tomo night. so my next question.....stage one completes the flashdrive work? do I go strait from stage one to trying for install or go on to stage 2? the wording is a bit  confusing. the way I read it I was done at stage one and that's when I try for install giving me the memory allocation error. just redid the flash drive stopped at same point and got another mem allocation error this time 0x85d9588 during boot/install attempt

Stage 1 - Follow post #1 Part B. Making a Bootable GPT Partitioned USB Flash Drive OS X Mavericks 10.9 GPT/MBR Installer

Stage 2 - Follow post #2 Part C. Installing a Bootable OS X Mavericks (OS X 10.9) System on either a GPT Partitioned Hard Drive Volume OR a MBR Partitioned Hard Drive Volume Using a Bootable GPT/MBR USB Flash Drive Installer

To get to the bottom of your memory allocation issue, I suggest booting/running the PC via memtest...........download available here

so I have completed this

Stage 1 - Making a Bootable GPT Partitioned USB Flash Drive GPT OS X Mavericks 10.9 Installer

all the way to step 15. this is where I get confused. do I then do this

Stage 2 - Making a Bootable GPT Partitioned USB Flash Drive GPT/MBR OS X Mavericks 10.9 Installer

or do I jump to

Part C. Installing a Bootable OS X Mavericks (OS X 10.9) System on either a GPT Partitioned Hard Drive Volume OR a MBR Partitioned Hard Drive Volume Using a Bootable GPT/MBR USB Flash Drive Installer

sorry so many questions. I cant believe its this difficult compared to my sl install....makes me just wanna try to source a diff mobo lol....but wth nothing good comes easy right?

also ran memtest and its all good there no errors so I must be doing something wrong with the flashdrive....

If you are wanting to install OS X to a GPT partitioned HDD, then go from

Stage 1 - Making a Bootable GPT Partitioned USB Flash Drive GPT OS X Mavericks 10.9 Installer

to 

Part C. Installing a Bootable OS X Mavericks (OS X 10.9) System on either a GPT Partitioned Hard Drive Volume OR a MBR Partitioned Hard Drive Volume Using a Bootable GPT/MBR USB Flash Drive Installer

BUT if you are wanting to install OS X to a MBR partitioned HDD (this is makes it easier when dual booting OS X and Windows on separate HDDs in cases where Windows remains the first OS the BIOS boots to), then go from

Stage 1 - Making a Bootable GPT Partitioned USB Flash Drive GPT OS X Mavericks 10.9 Installer

to

Stage 2 - Making a Bootable GPT Partitioned USB Flash Drive GPT/MBR OS X Mavericks 10.9 Installer

and then to 

Part C. Installing a Bootable OS X Mavericks (OS X 10.9) System on either a GPT Partitioned Hard Drive Volume OR a MBR Partitioned Hard Drive Volume Using a Bootable GPT/MBR USB Flash Drive Installer

Do not give up........I am here to help........and when you succeed you will enjoy the result.......:)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello verdant

First of all, thank you for your guide !

I'm trying to install Mavericks on my own pc : Asus Striker Extreme nForce 680i + core2duo E6850 + 1 sata drive

I'm stuck at "Resetting IOCatalogue", i have the "AppleNForceATA: found 0 units" message just before. I'm using the AppleNForceATA.imk64bit.kext as explained in the first post, i don't understand why it doesn't work. My drive is hfs formated and detected : "hfs: mounted ps3drive on device disk0s2".

I made a DSDT with ubuntu and patched it with the advices of your post 4, it seems ok (i have no kernel panic now !).

Can you help me please ?

@ beub3u

1. Confirm that you have installed (in addition to AppleNForceATA.imk64bit.kext ) in S/L/E

AppleRTC.Mavericks.Patched.kext
EvOreboot.kext
FakeSMC.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

2. Confirm that you have set ownership of your OS X target HDD and kext ownership and permissions for S/L/E and cleared the caches via Terminal as explained in Post #2 Part C.

3. Reinstall the Chameleon bootloader on your OS X target HDD and try booting with npci = 0x2000 -v -f

4. BTW what graphics card are you using? Have you used it OK with previous versions of OS X? 

5. If your DVDRW is a SATA device, then disconnect it. If it is a PATA (IDE) device, then jumper-set and connect it to the MOBO as Master

Post boot screen images for me to look at.....

@ verdant
1. in S/L/E, I have :
FakeSMC.kext

EvOreboot.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext 

AppleRTC.Mavericks.Patched.kext

AppleNForceATA.imk64bit.kext

AD1998b.FIX.kext

nForceLAN.0.64.5.kext

2. I have set ownership with the 5 sudo commands listed in your first post (chmod, chmod, touch, chflags and chown)

3. with npci = 0x2000 -v -f -> no change, stuck at the same place

4. I have a 8800 GTX nVidia card, it was ok with Leopard (my first post on the forum !)
I added in SLE this kext :
GeForce.kext

GeForceGA.plugin

GeForceGLDriver.bundle

GeForceVADriver.bundle

I tried to remove from SLE this kext but no change :
AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin
AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle

5. my DVDRW SATA is already disconnected, there is no other drive except the target HDD connected on SATA 1 (tried on SATA port 2 too) and an external HDD drive connected on usb

on screen1 you can see the "phy connection failed" error
screen2 is the final screen, you can see that my hfs drive is detected (his name is ps3drive, my old ps3 hdd !) and the "foud 0 units" message.

I tried with nForceIOATAFamily.kext in SLE, the "found 0 units" message is gone but still stuck at "Resetting IOCatalogue"

edit:

oops, i didn't seen the "found 1 units" on the screen1. So maybe, i don't need the nForceIOATAFamily kext ? By the way, is it compatible with 64bit ?

There are multiple errors with the SMC, maybe this is the problem ? I used the FakeSMC from your "64bits Kext" folder

edit 2 :

i formated my disk and did the guide again. i haven't the same result now : see my screen3 (few minutes after, the "resetting IOCatalogue" appear)

i join in_extra.zip (DSDT + smbios + chameleon config)

in Extra/Extentions/ i have FakeSMC and IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector

in modules i have everything

edit 3 :

i fixed the smc error with the AppleSMC.kext from Mountain Lion 10.8.4 but still stuck : screen4

post-172103-0-71325200-1392793780_thumb.jpeg

post-172103-0-10741100-1392793786_thumb.jpeg

in_extra.zip

post-172103-0-50109300-1392837011_thumb.jpeg

post-172103-0-42117800-1392850516_thumb.jpeg