nForce OS X Mavericks (10.9) APP STORE DOWNLOAD INSTALL GUIDE on a Series 6 or 7 nForce chipset / Intel CPU MOBO

verdant

181 posts in this topic

Hi tickerzoo,

Thanks for the emailed DSDT.aml file.....your last post is now clears up your previous post for me.......I want to see how your 680i DSDT differs from my 650i DSDT because iLeopod's 680i was never very stable and despite many attempts at DSDT modding, he could not get it to sleep and wake properly.......

verdant

Yes 680i sli is not stable and sleep is still an issue.But verdant why i am getting black screen on nvidia 8600GT 512 MB i followed your guide but i get black screen always. That keeps me worried.

@ mediamac

Focus on getting OS X up and running in simple VESA mode, i.e. with all NV* and Ge* kexts temporarily removed from /S/L/E and once you confirm that it is running 100% OK apart from the graphics side, then graphics can be sorted out via a patched DSDT.aml file hopefully...... 

Does the black screen( monitor goes off) with the system is working (hdd reading, sounds) happen when you set GraphicsEnabler=Yes for your nvidia 8600GT 512 MB?

If so, run IORegistryExplorer (Google is your friend) and use "Save a Copy As" to save your IOReg output as a "Username"Mac Pro.ioreg file, then send me a download link for this file and your DSDT.aml file....

Extract your original DSDT.aml file off the PC using the Ubuntu Live DVD, plug in a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive and then go to the Terminal and type either

for Ubuntu 11.xx and later, or

for Ubuntu 10.xx or earlier. In either case, the extracted DSDT.aml file should have been saved on the USB flash drive, for later decompiling, patching and recompiling using iasl or iasl based tools, so send me a download link for your extracted DSDT.aml file....

@ mediamac

Focus on getting OS X up and running in simple VESA mode, i.e. with all NV* and Ge* kexts temporarily removed from /S/L/E and once you confirm that it is running 100% OK apart from the graphics side, then graphics can be sorted out via a patched DSDT.aml file hopefully...... 

Does the black screen( monitor goes off) with the system is working (hdd reading, sounds) happen when you set GraphicsEnabler=Yes for your nvidia 8600GT 512 MB?

If so, run IORegistryExplorer (Google is your friend) and use "Save a Copy As" to save your IOReg output as a "Username"Mac Pro.ioreg file, then send me a download link for this file and your DSDT.aml file....

Extract your original DSDT.aml file off the PC using the Ubuntu Live DVD, plug in a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive and then go to the Terminal and type either

cd /media/"Volume name of the USB flash drive"sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT > DSDT.aml

cd /media/"Volume name of the USB flash drive"sudo cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > DSDT.aml

for Ubuntu 10.xx or earlier. In either case, the extracted DSDT.aml file should have been saved on the USB flash drive, for later decompiling, patching and recompiling using iasl or iasl based tools, so send me a download link for your extracted DSDT.aml file....

Hi Verdant,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have 680i SLI and I will send you the required DSDT and ioreg files. As you have told once I remove the NV* and Ge* the system working fine with minimal graphics without acceleration.When I use GE=yes the system screen goes black leaving the cpu running. I will send the download link soon.

@ mediamac

I have PM'd you a GFX0 patched DSDT.aml file (and other patches) .........let me know if it works or not.......

Hi Verdant ,

this might be a silly question, is there any way we can use nvenet.kext inside the

IONetworkingFamily.kext? for our Nforce Lan?

or is this a newer kext for nforce/nvidia ethernet? 

i say this as i have it working fine on a zotac 9300 board. Which is also nvidia ethernet.

@ tickerzoo

The nvenet.kext inside OS X Mavericks IONetworkingFamily.kext Plugins folder, as in previous OS X versions, is AFAIK is only for Ethernet/LAN on nForce MCP73/MCP79 systems.

Other nForce chipset MOBOs need to use the nForceLAN.0.64.5.kext.

The information I have seen on the Zotac GeForce 9300-ITX MOBO says it has the Realtek RTL8211CL Gigabit Ethernet chipset?

• 2 weeks later...

@ Frank Moolah

Thanks.........you could get a cheap used nForce + Intel CPU MOBO off eBay to put the fun back into your "hackintoshing"....... :wink_anim:

I still have/want to find some time to continue the guide but my "real life" work is very time-demanding at present......... :(

@verdant

okay i tried to upload my DSDT but im not permitted to upload it,

i can email it if you like. my email is tickerzoo@live.co.uk

theres nothing special in it just the edits you suggest in your guide.

can you email me your dsdt.aml file please artrubio07@yahoo.com will work on asus p5n-d motherboard nforce

@one9092002

If you have OS X already installed and running, then install and run IORegistryExplorer (Google is your friend) and use "Save a Copy As" to save your IOReg output as a "Username"Mac Pro.ioreg file, then send me a download link for this file and your DSDT.aml file....

You can extract your original DSDT.aml file off the PC by using the Ubuntu Live DVD and plugging in a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive, and then going to the Terminal and typing either

cd /media/"Volume name of the USB flash drive"sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT > DSDT.aml

cd /media/"Volume name of the USB flash drive"sudo cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > DSDT.aml

for Ubuntu 10.xx or earlier. In either case, the extracted DSDT.aml file should have been saved on the USB flash drive, for later decompiling, patching and recompiling using iasl or iasl based tools, so send me a download link for your extracted DSDT.aml file....

@one9092002

See post #36 for what I need from you to sort out your DSDT.aml for native power management. Also give me the lspci -nn output.

@one9092002

As you say you are a noob when it comes to DSDT editing, then:

1. Let me know if you can make a Ubuntu Live DVD and the extract your original DSDT.aml file off the PC using it, plugging in a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive and then going to the Terminal and type either

cd /media/"Volume name of the USB flash drive"
sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT > DSDT.aml

cd /media/"Volume name of the USB flash drive"
sudo cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > DSDT.aml

for Ubuntu 10.xx or earlier.

In either case, the extracted DSDT.aml file should have been saved on the USB flash drive, for later decompiling, patching and recompiling using iasl or iasl based tools.

2. Let me know if you can find, install and run IORegistryExplorer (Google is your friend) and use "Save a Copy As" to save your IOReg output as a "Username"Mac Pro.ioreg file.

3. Install Evosx86 Team's Snow Leopard x64 version v1.1 of the UNIX lspci utility which works with OS X Mavericks:

lspci V1.1.pkg.zip

Then restart OS X and type in Terminal:

lspci -b -nn

and export the output as a text file and save it.

Finally, give me a download link for your extracted DSDT.aml file, "Username"Mac Pro.ioreg file, and lspci output text file....

This way I can help you out........:)

@one9092002 

I will check if they are readable as soon as I can........any progress with IOReg and lspci output files?

@one9092002

The IOReg and lspci files are OK to use, and although aida64  extreme saved the dsdt and ssdt files  with .bin extensions, I am able to read them by changing the extension to .aml.....:)

I will sort out your DSDT file as soon as I have some free time.....

BTW is your graphics card working OK in OS X Mavericks with GraphicsEnabler = Yes?

I used some video kext from dp8 so i would say no not natively and after installing the kext from dp8 and does work and but i would like graphics working with original 10.9 kexts if possible 

I have PM'd you two DSDT.aml versions to try.....one with GFX0 and one without.....:)

@one9092002

I have PM'd you new DSDT.aml files with a different HPET section (same as my DSDT) so that you can now hopefully use OS X natural power management without the kernel panic you experienced.......see post #5 in this topic on what else to do........this includes removing the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from S/L/E........then go to /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup and delete all the files within Startup.....and boot with -v -f......