nForce OS X Mavericks (10.9) APP STORE DOWNLOAD INSTALL GUIDE on a Series 6 or 7 nForce chipset / Intel CPU MOBO

nForce chipset + Intel CPU nForce 650i and 650i Ultra nForce 750i and 780i nForce 790i and 790i Ultra nForce 680i Possibly nForce 630i

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

tickerzoo

tickerzoo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

@verdant

okay i tried to upload my DSDT but im not permitted to upload it,

i can email it if you like. my email is tickerzoo@live.co.uk

theres nothing special in it just the edits you suggest in your guide.

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,601 posts
  • Interests:At home, I have the following computers......
    >
    >
    >

@ tickerzoo

Please email me your DSDT file just as it is when you say you are attempting to "upload" it............do you mean that you can 'copy and paste' it as DSDT.aml into your root i.e.. / directory?

tickerzoo

tickerzoo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

okay il email it to the address in your sig, i meant i couldn't upload the dsdt to the forum post & i didnt see your address in your sig. 

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,601 posts
    >
    >
    >

Hi tickerzoo,

Thanks for the emailed DSDT.aml file.....your last post is now clears up your previous post for me.......I want to see how your 680i DSDT differs from my 650i DSDT because iLeopod's 680i was never very stable and despite many attempts at DSDT modding, he could not get it to sleep and wake properly.......

verdant

tickerzoo

tickerzoo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

okay great, with that DSDT my sleep works fine in mountain lion. Mavericks only has the LAN turning off after wake issue.

connecting multiple sata hard drives seems to cause issues & Usb devices like wireless microsoft mouse will cause me issues so i stick with wired keyboard & mouse sometimes use old iPhone as touchpad.

Wake on LAN works i have to enable it in OS system preferences  & disable it in bios.  so i can only wake it from sleep not powered off.

I have a 1TB western digital HD & this drive always causes sleep to hang so i don't use it on this system.

the main hard drive i use  is a 2.5inch western digital scorpio black.

my bios

disabled legacy usb  

disabled power on by PCI/PCIE devices

disabled USB resume from S5

disabled power on by by RTC Alarm 

enabled HPET Support

My board has over clocking section i set the control to manual

& Cpu settings like this

Thermal control Auto

Limit CPUID Maxval disabled 

Enhanced C1 (c1E) enabled 

CPU C state capability C2

execute disable bit Enabled

virtulization Enabled

speedstep Enabled

mediamac

mediamac

Mediarays

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Hackintoshing

Hi tickerzoo,

Thanks for the emailed DSDT.aml file.....your last post is now clears up your previous post for me.......I want to see how your 680i DSDT differs from my 650i DSDT because iLeopod's 680i was never very stable and despite many attempts at DSDT modding, he could not get it to sleep and wake properly.......

verdant

Yes 680i sli is not stable and sleep is still an issue.But verdant why i am getting black screen on nvidia 8600GT 512 MB i followed your guide but i get black screen always. That keeps me worried.

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,601 posts
    >
    >
    >

@ mediamac

Focus on getting OS X up and running in simple VESA mode, i.e. with all NV* and Ge* kexts temporarily removed from /S/L/E and once you confirm that it is running 100% OK apart from the graphics side, then graphics can be sorted out via a patched DSDT.aml file hopefully...... 

Does the black screen( monitor goes off) with the system is working (hdd reading, sounds) happen when you set GraphicsEnabler=Yes for your nvidia 8600GT 512 MB?

If so, run IORegistryExplorer (Google is your friend) and use "Save a Copy As" to save your IOReg output as a "Username"Mac Pro.ioreg file, then send me a download link for this file and your DSDT.aml file....

Extract your original DSDT.aml file off the PC using the Ubuntu Live DVD, plug in a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive and then go to the Terminal and type either

cd /media/"Volume name of the USB flash drive"
sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT > DSDT.aml

for Ubuntu 11.xx and later, or

sudo cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > DSDT.aml

for Ubuntu 10.xx or earlier. In either case, the extracted DSDT.aml file should have been saved on the USB flash drive, for later decompiling, patching and recompiling using iasl or iasl based tools, so send me a download link for your extracted DSDT.aml file....

mediamac

mediamac

Mediarays

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

@ mediamac

Focus on getting OS X up and running in simple VESA mode, i.e. with all NV* and Ge* kexts temporarily removed from /S/L/E and once you confirm that it is running 100% OK apart from the graphics side, then graphics can be sorted out via a patched DSDT.aml file hopefully...... 

Does the black screen( monitor goes off) with the system is working (hdd reading, sounds) happen when you set GraphicsEnabler=Yes for your nvidia 8600GT 512 MB?

If so, run IORegistryExplorer (Google is your friend) and use "Save a Copy As" to save your IOReg output as a "Username"Mac Pro.ioreg file, then send me a download link for this file and your DSDT.aml file....

Extract your original DSDT.aml file off the PC using the Ubuntu Live DVD, plug in a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive and then go to the Terminal and type either

for Ubuntu 10.xx or earlier. In either case, the extracted DSDT.aml file should have been saved on the USB flash drive, for later decompiling, patching and recompiling using iasl or iasl based tools, so send me a download link for your extracted DSDT.aml file....

Hi Verdant,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have 680i SLI and I will send you the required DSDT and ioreg files. As you have told once I remove the NV* and Ge* the system working fine with minimal graphics without acceleration.When I use GE=yes the system screen goes black leaving the cpu running. I will send the download link soon.

mediamac

mediamac

Mediarays

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

I have PM you the files and i hope i sent the right one.

Thank you 

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,601 posts
    >
    >
    >

@ mediamac

I have PM'd you a GFX0 patched DSDT.aml file (and other patches) .........let me know if it works or not.......

tickerzoo

tickerzoo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi Verdant ,

this might be a silly question, is there any way we can use nvenet.kext inside the
IONetworkingFamily.kext? for our Nforce Lan?

or is this a newer kext for nforce/nvidia ethernet? 

i say this as i have it working fine on a zotac 9300 board. Which is also nvidia ethernet.

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,601 posts
    >
    >
    >

@ tickerzoo

The nvenet.kext inside OS X Mavericks IONetworkingFamily.kext Plugins folder, as in previous OS X versions, is AFAIK is only for Ethernet/LAN on nForce MCP73/MCP79 systems.

Other nForce chipset MOBOs need to use the nForceLAN.0.64.5.kext.

The information I have seen on the Zotac GeForce 9300-ITX MOBO says it has the Realtek RTL8211CL Gigabit Ethernet chipset?

Frank Nitty

Frank Nitty

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:iHustle

@ verdant

kudos, i wish i still had my nforce 680i mobo to use ur guide.

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,601 posts
    >
    >
    >

@ Frank Moolah

Thanks.........you could get a cheap used nForce + Intel CPU MOBO off eBay to put the fun back into your "hackintoshing"....... :wink_anim:

I still have/want to find some time to continue the guide but my "real life" work is very time-demanding at present......... :(

one9092002

one9092002

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:hackintosh,networking,programming graphic design,video editing

@verdant

okay i tried to upload my DSDT but im not permitted to upload it,

i can email it if you like. my email is tickerzoo@live.co.uk

theres nothing special in it just the edits you suggest in your guide.

can you email me your dsdt.aml file please artrubio07@yahoo.com will work on asus p5n-d motherboard nforce

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,601 posts
    >
    >
    >

@one9092002

If you have OS X already installed and running, then install and run IORegistryExplorer (Google is your friend) and use "Save a Copy As" to save your IOReg output as a "Username"Mac Pro.ioreg file, then send me a download link for this file and your DSDT.aml file....

You can extract your original DSDT.aml file off the PC by using the Ubuntu Live DVD and plugging in a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive, and then going to the Terminal and typing either

for Ubuntu 10.xx or earlier. In either case, the extracted DSDT.aml file should have been saved on the USB flash drive, for later decompiling, patching and recompiling using iasl or iasl based tools, so send me a download link for your extracted DSDT.aml file....

one9092002

one9092002

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

@verdant i need help editing my dsdt.aml I'm trying to get native powermangment  

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,601 posts
    >
    >
    >

@one9092002

See post #36 for what I need from you to sort out your DSDT.aml for native power management. Also give me the lspci -nn output.

one9092002

one9092002

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

@verdant sorry I'm noob when comes dsdt.aml editing .can you explain to on how to get these values and thanks 

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,601 posts
    >
    >
    >

@one9092002

As you say you are a noob when it comes to DSDT editing, then:

1. Let me know if you can make a Ubuntu Live DVD and the extract your original DSDT.aml file off the PC using it, plugging in a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive and then going to the Terminal and type either

for Ubuntu 10.xx or earlier.

In either case, the extracted DSDT.aml file should have been saved on the USB flash drive, for later decompiling, patching and recompiling using iasl or iasl based tools.

2. Let me know if you can find, install and run IORegistryExplorer (Google is your friend) and use "Save a Copy As" to save your IOReg output as a "Username"Mac Pro.ioreg file.

3. Install Evosx86 Team's Snow Leopard x64 version v1.1 of the UNIX lspci utility which works with OS X Mavericks:

Attached File  lspci V1.1.pkg.zip   282.03KB   13 downloads

Then restart OS X and type in Terminal:

lspci -b -nn

and export the output as a text file and save it.

Finally, give me a download link for your extracted DSDT.aml file, "Username"Mac Pro.ioreg file, and lspci output text file....

This way I can help you out........:)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nForce chipset + Intel CPU, nForce 650i and 650i Ultra, nForce 750i and 780i, nForce 790i and 790i Ultra, nForce 680i, Possibly nForce 630i

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy