Mavericks Vanilla Installation doesn't find my drive

Toucanet

41 posts in this topic

Hi.

When I boot my USB with Mavericks installation, in Disk Utility I can't find my drive (both in ATA and RAID mode).

Unfortunatly my BIOS hasn't AHCI mode (it's a Dell computer), and so I can't install it. Last year I had the same problem with ML and I remember I have solved it by adding a .kext file in the system/library/estension folder of my usb drive with ML installation. Which file do I have to add or how can I solve this problem?

And how can I add it? If I boot from my USB drive I can't see the disk. Do I have to remove again the disk from the PC and connect it with SATA-USB Dock and then boot from the usb drive and add that file with the terminal from another usb in which I put the file from another PC?

And how can I add it? If I boot from my USB drive I can't see the disk. Do I have to remove again the disk from the PC and connect it with SATA-USB Dock and then boot from the usb drive and add that file with the terminal from another usb in which I put the file from another PC?

you put it in usb drive /Extra/Extension, run myfix from myhack or disk ulitity to repair pemission then you boot from the usb again.

So I copy from another computer the files in a usb drive, than I boot my USB stick with Mavericks installation, on Chamaleom I selection PS X Base System, I go to disk utility, I select my partitions OS X, I repair permission (how?), I boot again with the USB Stick but now on Chamaleon bootloader I select my partition OS X, I add the kext, and I will be apple to boot directly from my hard disk without errors.

Is it correct?

So I copy from another computer the files in a usb drive, than I boot my USB stick with Mavericks installation, on Chamaleom I selection PS X Base System, I go to disk utility, I select my partitions OS X, I repair permission (how?), I boot again with the USB Stick but now on Chamaleon bootloader I select my partition OS X, I add the kext, and I will be apple to boot directly from my hard disk without errors.

Is it correct?

you would use the machine you make usb installer, copy the kext above to /Extra/Extention of the usb or the hard drive you use to plug in you hackintosh. when you finish that, then you run myfix from myhack to generate new system cache, when you don't do this, it will not load the need kext above. this one first

you could try one extra way like this, after put the kext above when you boot with chameleon add boot flag -f to see that work