2 replies to this topic

korgndm

korgndm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi everyone.

I'm new to the world of hackintosh, and I want to run MacOS X on my desktop.

I followed a number of tutorials to the letter from here and other sites, and was unsuccessful. I tried Niresh, iAtkos, creating a USB with Disk Utility in a VM Mac OS X 10.8.3 and adding Chameleon - nothing.

So I come here to ask for someone to point me in the right direction. My hardware is as follows:

MB: Asus M4N68T-M ----> no AHCI mode, just RAID

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2 GHz

Memory: 2x2 GB Kingston 1333 MHz

GPU: XFX Geforce 8600 GT

I keep getting kernel panics, PCI configuration errors, not being able to boot from DVD, etc..

Any word of advice?

gils83

gils83

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
  • Interests:le soleil du var et l'informatique
hello,

with your mother without AHCI chipset nVidia card with AMD CPU, it does not win, throw a look here :)

korgndm

korgndm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I know that the specs of my machine aren't exactly MacOS friendly, but I've seen people with inferior hardware being able to run a Niresh Distro ou iAtkos or even a retail copy with modified boot loader.

But, every computer is different, and if I could only find someone with a MOBO the same as mine that succeeded with the right kexts and all if would be a very big help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy