10.4.8 AMD apparently

djpc47

62 posts in this topic

just notice pirate bay claims to have 10.4.8 AMD but dunno gonna try it... will let you all know how it goes:P but says

You can find all the extensions in /System/Library/Extensions_10.4.8_disabled

and the new opengl framework in

/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework_10.4.8 if you want to mess with them

search string "10.4.8 AMD UPDATE"

was uploaded by tubgirl:S

nothing I can't seem to download the torrent:S to start downloading it

Anybody tried this?!I'd love to know if it works over a clean install of Jas 10.4.7 DVD?And do i need to do something special(i mean is it simply install the update or i have to backup/edit something?).

My system is:

AMD Sempron 2800+ @ 1.76Ghz

1GB RAM

Motherboard:ASUS K8n with nforce3 chipset,onboard realtek audio and nforce networking controler.

Video: ASUS A9250/128MB

Edit i just saw it says :

TEST version use it at your own risk

Hi would it work for me!?My configuration is posted above.And some instructions what to do(i'm really a newbie :) ).Also i have some problems after installing from jas 10.4.7 DVD(Spotlight doesn't work,when i click about this mac it appears the system makes quick logout/login),i think i will install from 10.4.6 HOTISO wich i had before and then update to 10.4.7(the only problem i noticed then was the system profiler wich said "There was an error obtaining this information" at the generl tab,all other info was ok) after that apply that 10.4.8 update.

:compress::thumbsdown_anim::thumbsdown_anim:

Dont even bother !!.

All windows became black during install.

Failed to even boot after install.

Probably wait for a proper AMD version to be posted here.

i bet it doesn't work newcastle core doesn't have sse3 and the torrent says it needs sse3.

If your chip doesn't have sse3 forget it

Confirmed it is running with SSE3 on my socket 939 AMD. Thanks :thumbsdown_anim:

Just installed the release - and everything worked as it should. No panic, and Callisto

QE and CI are working, too.

bild7jw3.th.png