Get iLife, iWork & Aperture for free

shiecldk

80 posts in this topic

Do you have any idea what Clover injects that Chameleon doesn't?

Chameleon needs to be updated to inject whatever else is needed (and missing).

The only difference that I found out is this:

post-150972-0-57444700-1382719951_thumb.png

That line (BoardSerialNumber) isn't there with chameleon, it's only there when I boot with clover. (on System Profiler > Hardware)

So Chameleon's FileNVRAM module isn't injecting the BoardSerialNumber(MLB) properly.

• Like 3

The only difference that I found out is this:

attachicon.giffasfa.png

That line (BoardSerialNumber) isn't there with chameleon, it's only there when I boot with clover. (on System Profiler > Hardware)

So Chameleon's FileNVRAM module isn't injecting the BoardSerialNumber(MLB) properly.

I think this should be integrated into Chameleon's SMBIOS injection rather than in nvram, but I'm not sure. 

I will report this to ErmaC on the Enoch thread. Maybe he can fix (or integrate) this in Chameleon.

Thanks!

So now I booted with chameleon and here's the difference:

Clover:

post-150972-0-12818100-1382721648_thumb.png

Chameleon:

post-150972-0-69728100-1382721663_thumb.png

You can see what is missing there, the 17 digits serial number missing with chameleon. (using filenvram module)

Can we add the missing code to smbios.plist when using chameleon?

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/SMBIOS

BoardSerialNumber
<key>BoardSerialNumber</key>
<string>C02032101R5DC771H</string>

SMBIOS.table2->SerialNumber

Clover will use one specific value here, which needs to be replaced by your own serial number. It is required for working iCloud and iMessage services. The length must be 17 digits, consisting of letters from the Latin alphabet and numbers. The serial number used by Clover is most probably banned already.

Thank you very much for your effort, nyolc8.

I wrote to ErmaC on the Enoch bootloader thread.

He has access to the Chameleon trunk so hopefully he'll update Chameleon's SMBIOS injector with the missing values.

Edit:

I have checked the chameleon's smbios injector and apparently it nullifies the following entries:

It wouldn't be too hard to add support for the missing values but I don't have xcode installed at the moment :(

{kSMBTypeBaseBoard,kSMBString,getFieldOffset(SMBBaseBoard, version),NULL,NULL,NULL},

kSMBTypeBaseBoard,kSMBString,getFieldOffset(SMBBaseBoard, serialNumber),NULL,NULL,NULL},

{kSMBTypeBaseBoard,kSMBString,getFieldOffset(SMBBaseBoard, assetTagNumber),NULL,NULL,NULL},

{kSMBTypeBaseBoard,kSMBString,getFieldOffset(SMBBaseBoard, locationInChassis),NULL,NULL,NULL},

If I see correctly in that smbios.c file, we only need an extra line:

#define kSMBBaseBoardSerialNumber                "SMboardserial"

and need to modify:

198	{kSMBTypeBaseBoard,kSMBString,getFieldOffset(SMBBaseBoard, serialNumber),NULL,NULL,NULL},

to

198	{kSMBTypeBaseBoard,kSMBString,getFieldOffset(SMBBaseBoard, serialNumber),kSMBBaseBoardSerialNumber,NULL,NULL},

and then we will be able to inject board serial number with "SMboardserial" key in smbios.plist?

(if no SMboardserial given in smbios, then it would be NULL)

But the big question here is... this board serial number would fix the iWork update issue? Someone need to test this...

I use chameleon to boot, I've tried VMware trick and everything updated except for iMovie, however I've set to try it an hour later in the "update all" dropdown menu, both in vmware and in hackintosh. I've forgotten about it and rebooted in to windows to do some stuff. When I was back on OSX I've relaunched MAS and saw that iMovie was not on the update list anymore but it was moved to the purchased list. It's all installed now. I'm not sure what did it exactly but it's all fine and dandy.

I'll go ahead and try to make a working clover usb stick anyway, as it seems comes handy in some situations. Wish me luck! :P

Hi guys…

I'm really busy with real life but I try to take a look at this problem…
Dr. Hurt message me about this…

I merge some code from my Enoch to Chameleon
new key flag for smbios.plist file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
-/-/ snipsnap /-/-
	<key>SMboardlocation</key>
	<string>Part Component</string>
	<key>SMboardserial</key>
	<string>C02140302D5DMT31M</string>
-/-/ snipnap /-/-
</dict>
</plist>

TEST and discussion moved here --> #1742

Let me know

END OFF TOPIC

Fabio (ErmaC)

Did anyone get GarageBand added from their iLife 11 install? I'd already picked up the free version so it only added iMovie and iPhoto.

Reason I ask is that once added to your purchase list, on 10.8 it will offer to download the last compatible versions of those two but not GarageBand. Pity as it means I'll still need my DVD to install that version of GB.

Clover Method worked in my case.  It even listed a Thunderbolt update which is not available when booting from chameleon (did not install though)

I used this guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YBin6HRnKc

So either I need to configure Clover for my hardware and use this as my bootloader or Chameleon need to come up with an update. We're probably missing out on a lot more then app store updates by not using Clover.

Good luck guys!

If chameleon gets that 17digits board serial injected (and maybe some other id), then updates will be working with Chameleon too.

When I used clover configurator the fields related to board serial were blank and I left them blank when saving out.

Either Clover uses a serial by default or the updates are not related to the serial. When booting via clover the hardware list (system report) did not show board serial either.

iMessage uses that 17digit number too, so I think updates are using that too. The other thing is maybe the "inject system-id" function in clover... I think some kind of serial number or id missing with chameleon.

Finally I got this to work, I had to create a Clover USB stick using the command:

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app --no interaction

Then OSX created a Recovery HD during install.

Then I installed iLife 11, iWork 09 trial, Aperture 3.1.1 and iPhoto Update 9.4.2 and clicked update on all apps, but Apple servers seems overloaded because it downloads very slow, so I just paused all downloads in Launchpad and the apps shows up in purchases list, so it seems that you don't even have to download all apps, just start download, pause and you are done!?!?!?!

scJMJTw.png

• Like 2

Finally I got this to work, I had to create a Clover USB stick using the command:

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app --no interaction
Then OSX created a Recovery HD during install.

Then I installed iLife 11, iWork 09 trial, Aperture 3.1.1 and iPhoto Update 9.4.2 and clicked update on all apps, but Apple servers seems overloaded because it downloads very slow, so I just paused all downloads in Launchpad and the apps shows up in purchases list, so it seems that you don't even have to download all apps, just start download, pause and you are done!?!?!?!

scJMJTw.png

Nice to hear i have tried to make a clover USB Bootdisk but i did not managed to do it, Can you discribe for me every step to make a clover USB Bootdisk. I have searched the forum but there is not 1 specific tutorial.

Nice to hear i have tried to make a clover USB Bootdisk but i did not managed to do it, Can you discribe for me every step to make a clover USB Bootdisk. I have searched the forum but there is not 1 specific tutorial.

me too :)

8 GB USB

GPT

1 HFS+ partition named untitled

Install clover to ESP on the USB

run in terminal:

(need to have install mavericks app in applications folder)

boot

Note: Need to use HFSPlus.efi driver to boot, vbox driver won't work.

• Like 1

I've installed clover on first partition of my hard drive where is mountain lion. I have mountain lion and mavericks installed.

Both start without problems, but in mavericks app store tell me that there's an unknown error and iMessage don't work... I've read on ErmaC post about iCloud fix, but i don't understand what I have to do. Now i don't have chameleon. Thanks :)

8 GB USB

GPT

1 HFS+ partition named untitled

Install clover to ESP on the USB

run in terminal:

(need to have install mavericks app in applications folder)

boot

Note: Need to use HFSPlus.efi driver to boot, vbox driver won't work.

Ok i have made a clover GPT USB Disk but what do you mean with "Install clover to ESP on the USB" What is a ESP may be it is a noob question but i am Dutch so i think i miss something.

I have done some research for myself and i think i must create a EFI System Partition (Fat32) on my USB with disk utility and install clover to that partition am i right ??

The part with Mavericks.app i understand.

And how can i boot from HFSPlus.efi driver instead of vbox

• Like 1

@DislikeYou has made a Recovery HD to the USB stick which isn't necessary if you only want a clover boot loader USB stick.

Here's how I did it:

• Opened disk utility and formatted the USB stick to HFS.
  • I downloaded the latest Clover version from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/
  • Started the installer, choose the USB stick as destination and left checked only these: "Install boot0af in MBR"; "CloverEFI 64-bits SATA"; "applestyle" theme(you can choose what you want); and I don't remember correctly but maybe I checked the "Use alternate booting PBR" too.
  • Then it created the USB stick with clover boot loader

Now here's the configuration part:

• Then I copied my DSDT.aml into "USBstick/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/"
  • Then I opened "USBstick/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist" and configured it. (I disabled all ACPI patches in it, generate c and p states left enabled, then I added SMBIOS section into config.plist and basically copied all my smbios values from my /extra/smbios.plist file there. Then I deleted all kext patches and stuff like that from the config.plist)

Here's a nice documentation to modify config.plist file: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration

And that's it.

• Like 1

Well, that's strange because it immediately worked perfectly when I booted with clover. Did you configured your serial number and stuff in config.plist? Do you have "Serial Number (processor tray)" line in "system profiler > hardware page" when you boot with clover, or just "Serial Number (system)"?

@DislikeYou has made a Recovery HD to the USB stick which isn't necessary if you only want a clover boot loader USB stick.

Here's how I did it:

• Opened disk utility and formatted the USB stick to HFS.
  • I downloaded the latest Clover version from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/
  • Started the installer, choose the USB stick as destination and left checked only these: "Install boot0af in MBR"; "CloverEFI 64-bits SATA"; "applestyle" theme(you can choose what you want); and I don't remember correctly but maybe I checked the "Use alternate booting PBR" too.
  • Then it created the USB stick with clover boot loader

Now here's the configuration part:

• Then I copied my DSDT.aml into "USBstick/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/"
  • Then I opened "USBstick/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist" and configured it. (I disabled all ACPI patches in it, generate c and p states left enabled, then I added SMBIOS section into config.plist and basically copied all my smbios values from my /extra/smbios.plist file there. Then I deleted all kext patches and stuff like that from the config.plist)

Here's a nice documentation to modify config.plist file: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration

And that's it.

I have only to copy my dsdt.aml in the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/ folder? If I do this I have a kernel panic, something about AppleACPI (I don't remember well because not I'm not at home). And what about UUID? I've booted my system with chameleon and I've extracted my systemid with IOREG. I'm a little bit confused :(