• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

XanthraX

XanthraX

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

I put back the original kexts and I tried the dsdt, I got just a black screen after the loading. I only use the DVI port, not the VGA. Now I already ordered an ATI 5570, that I found out it is working OOB, no special kexts and dsdt editing needed. I hope to resolve this system. My appreciation for your work Dr. Hurt. Unfortunately I cannot find an ATI HD 5670 I have one on my other hackintosh and I can tell it is working out of the box.

steveds

steveds

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I put back the original kexts and I tried the dsdt, I got just a black screen after the loading. I only use the DVI port, not the VGA. Now I already ordered an ATI 5570, that I found out it is working OOB, no special kexts and dsdt editing needed. I hope to resolve this system. My appreciation for your work Dr. Hurt. Unfortunately I cannot find an ATI HD 5670 I have one on my other hackintosh and I can tell it is working out of the box.

Hi, I have a 5570 but after having upgraded my system successfully from 10.7.5 to 10.9 I noticed that QE/CI are disabled, even with GE=yes and AtiConfig=Eulemur (these parameters went well before.....), any suggestions?

How do you know 5570 works OOB?

XanthraX

XanthraX

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

I just ordered it, now I use a Geforce 9400 GT. I will let you know my experience when I will get the 5570. I have read about it here: http://wiki.osx86pro....php/HCL_10.9.0

isabido

isabido

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Hi.Dr.

First forgive my poor English.

The second many thanks for your post, it has been the answer to my problems. Right now I have it working with kekt.

But I wanted to try the DSDT modification.

I send my file to see if you could inject the code. My HD5450 is 0x68F9.

I am using this DSDT Editor for edit

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files

bossob

bossob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:N/A

i`ve got msi b75ma-e31 with dsdt.aml i wanted to get someone to help me add the right info for hd5450 (0x68F9)in the dsdt.

http://www.sendspace...UNB1r+WOdLyAE6g

Sidharth Bhatia

Sidharth Bhatia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

After installing all the required Kexts and changing my device ID etc, my hackintosh reads my graphics card as "Graphics: Unknown 5 mb" in the About this Mac window.

Also, my screen does not take up the entire area of my display and There is only 1 option in System Preferences > displays > scaled, that is 1400x1050

I don't know what to do next. I am using the chimera bootloader and my system is DSDTfree.

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Did you installed the AMDRadeonAccelerator kext ? If not, try it and you should get QE/CI & full resolution support.

Sidharth Bhatia

Sidharth Bhatia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Did you installed the AMDRadeonAccelerator kext ? If not, try it and you should get QE/CI & full resolution support.

Thanks for the quick response. I read somewhere that 10.9 doesn't support AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext.

I'll try it and come back with my results.

Edit:
I tried installing the AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext into S/L/E and repaired permissions. Still no luck. I have a black border of unused display area around my screen when I use HDMI and I activated full hd mode by adding 1920x1080x32 in org.chameleon.boot.plist

My system information still shows Unknown graphics with 5 MB memory.

Please let me know if there is some way to fix this, I've been trying for 3 days now and I really want to get this working.

I cannot find PEG0 or PEGP in my DSDT.aml file. I tried the second method but it didnt work. Can someone help me out with DSDT please? I have uploaded the file. 

Thanks.

EDIT 2:

I now tried following this guide and added the code Dr.Hurt has posted, but I get 13 errors and I'm unable to compile.

Here's a list of errors:

1482 Error Object does not exist (DTGP)
7092 Error Name already exists in scope (GFX0)
7094 Error Name already exists in scope (_ADR)
7318 Error Object is not accessible from this scope (TASM)
7324 Error Object is not accessible from this scope (TASM)
7511 Error Object not found or not accessible from scope ( PCI0)
7511 Error Forward references from Scope operator not allowed ( PCI0)
7513 Error Object is not accessible from this scope (MCHP)
7514 Error Object is not accessible from this scope (MCHP)
7517 Error Object is not accessible from this scope (TASM)
7549 Error Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.GFX0.GSCI)
7783 Error Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.GFX0.OPTS)
7792 Error Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.GFX0.OWAK)

I really have no clue what to try next. Someone please please help me out! 

Attached Files

• Attached File  DSDT.zip   11.65KB   1 downloads

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

I assumed that you have check Graphics Enabler=Yes and AtiConfig=Elemur. (what's the model and IDs of your card by the way ?). With my MSI Radeon HD 5450 1GB (ids = 0x68f91002), the AMDRadeonAccelerator works fine under Mavericks. But strangely, with my other Sapphire Radeon HD 5450 1GB (IDs = 0x68e41002), it shows me an error with this kext during the boot process (kext malformed or something like that) but it works fine. If you have the same IDs as mine, I can send you them both.

But remember that you can't use patched kexts with a patched DSDT at the same time, you have to choose one method. Personnaly, I really don't undertstand how DSDT editing works even If I know it's the best way to avoid system updates and sleep issues. If someone is skilled enough to provide a clear and quite simple guide on how to edit DSDT, I would be greatly interested but so far, I never find that.

Sidharth Bhatia

Sidharth Bhatia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Ok I finally got it working with a couple of kext files from another indian forum. Thanks for all the help anyway! Cheers!

NightHawkCA

NightHawkCA

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Ok I finally got it working with a couple of kext files from another indian forum. Thanks for all the help anyway! Cheers!

Links would be helpful, if they're allowed here .. ?  =)

I assumed that you have check Graphics Enabler=Yes and AtiConfig=Elemur. (what's the model and IDs of your card by the way ?). With my MSI Radeon HD 5450 1GB (ids = 0x68f91002), the AMDRadeonAccelerator works fine under Mavericks. But strangely, with my other Sapphire Radeon HD 5450 1GB (IDs = 0x68e41002), it shows me an error with this kext during the boot process (kext malformed or something like that) but it works fine. If you have the same IDs as mine, I can send you them both.

But remember that you can't use patched kexts with a patched DSDT at the same time, you have to choose one method. Personnaly, I really don't undertstand how DSDT editing works even If I know it's the best way to avoid system updates and sleep issues. If someone is skilled enough to provide a clear and quite simple guide on how to edit DSDT, I would be greatly interested but so far, I never find that.

Can I use two different AMD Radeon cards that both accept different FrameBuffers, simultaneously?

I have a 5450 and a 6450. Both Asus. I can get the further details from the cards if you need them, I'm sure that the 5450 is 0x06f9, 512 megs. I am also pretty sure the 6450 is a 1 gigabyte card.

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

You mean in the same PC ? By linking them with CrossFire Technology (or something like that) ? Well i'm not a pro but I'm pretty sure that this techno isn't supported in OS X and even if it was, I'm also pretty sure that using two different framebuffers is not possible.

BTW, links are allowed here so go on ;-) Did you finally used the AMDRadeonAccelerator ? I heard from multiple sources that it's not necessary with OS X 10.9 but I never managed to make my cards works without it, so I'm pretty curious about that.

Glad to see that you finally solved your problem, enjoy !

NightHawkCA

NightHawkCA

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

You mean in the same PC ? By linking them with CrossFire Technology (or something like that) ? Well i'm not a pro but I'm pretty sure that this techno isn't supported in OS X and even if it was, I'm also pretty sure that using two different framebuffers is not possible.

BTW, links are allowed here so go on ;-) Did you finally used the AMDRadeonAccelerator ? I heard from multiple sources that it's not necessary with OS X 10.9 but I never managed to make my cards works without it, so I'm pretty curious about that.

Glad to see that you finally solved your problem, enjoy !

I actually didn't solve my problem =( I don't have AMDRadeonAccelerator installed on the Hack, maybe that's part of my ongoing issues. The two cards I have are not linked (or even linkable) with CrossFire, although I understand that makes quite the difference in the PC world - maybe some day the MacOS will support it.

Bottom line - I still have not been able to get the FrameBuffer to load for the AMD 5450 card ~and~ the 6450 card, it's either one or the other. Or maybe I'm not understanding how FrameBuffers are supposed to actually work .. does someone on InsanelyMac know?

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Frame buffers should auto activate if they match the correct vendor/card ID. For the 5450, it should be Elemur. Don't know for the 6450. AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext should inform the OS that your card is a 5450 and with the correct id editing of the file, it should then activate Elemur.

I can give you mine if you want to, it's configured with 68f91002 id but you can adapt it with your own.

Attached Files

NightHawkCA

NightHawkCA

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Frame buffers should auto activate if they match the correct vendor/card ID. For the 5450, it should be Elemur. Don't know for the 6450. AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext should inform the OS that your card is a 5450 and with the correct id editing of the file, it should then activate Elemur.

I can give you mine if you want to, it's configured with 68f91002 id but you can adapt it with your own.

Polyzargone,

Thank you for the kext. I actually don't think I'll need it though, somehow I lucked out?

I decided to swap out my 5450 for an "old" Zotac NVidia GeForce GT520 and since it is NVidia it doesn't conflict with the other AMD Radeon 5450 HD. Both cards are cognized by the system, and in the Terminal I get --

macs-mac-pro:~ mavtest$ ioreg | grep ATY

| |   |   | +-o ATY,Pithecia@0  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x10000030c, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (2 ms), retain 8>

| |   |   | +-o ATY,Pithecia@1  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x10000030d, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 8>

That, I am presuming, means that the Pithecia framebuffer is loaded for the 6450 card (which is properly identified in About This Mac)?  I am also presuming that the @0 and @1 represent the "ports" the card has active.  In my case, I [am attempting to] use the DVI and HDMI ports, but I don't know if that is that @0 and @1 actually are ..

I don't notice *much* of a speed differential but hey, I'll take it where I can get it. When I have more $$ I will upgrade to better or faster cards, although to start that again is a pretty big guessing game project for me.

Not sure if the GT520 is working to capacity, but that's for a different thread, yes?

Any help one and all can offer re; the port configurations (and maybe how to activate ALL ports on the 6450 just for kicks ..?) would be much appreciated. Thanks.

lofie127

lofie127

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

here is what works for me.  (Or what to do if you can not find an Info.plist to edit)

Turns out to be quite straight forward, and simply a matter of editing the Info.plist files as mentioned already in this thread.

The main problem is simply, like others, there is no Info.plist to modify for the AMD5000Controller.kext in /S/L/E.

Using Pacifist to unpack the installer did not help either

However looking in /S/L/E on the install USB which had been created using !!!!Bleep!!!! there is AMD5000Controller.kext with an Info.plist.

Copy the AMD5000Controller.kext from you newly installed mavericks os disk /S/L/E to desktop

Copy  Info.plist + version.pllist from the USB installer/S/L/E/AMD5000Controller.kext/Contents  to  Desktop/AMD5000Controller.kext/Contents

Edit Info.plist  to add your card ID to IOPCIMatch as already mentioned in this thread.

Install this kext using kextutiliity

Set GraphicsEnabler=no in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Reboot

As for AMDRadeaonX3000.kext, Info.plist already exists and had my card id in there.

That's all. No need to download kexts from anywhere.

Thanks DrHurt for starting this thread.

Cheers

A

Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Location:Toronto, Canada (Crack smoking Mayor Rob Ford's city)

I have a fully working installation of Mavericks in an Optiplex 780, including sleep and wake.  I just installed an XFX HD 5450 1GB video/graphics card ( 0X68F91002 ) and got it fully working with acceleration by modding two kext files but I want to edit the DSDT to enable it without hacked kexts so OS updates won't affect it.  

I've looked around the net, including here and elsewhere, and found instructions but none appear to relate well to the DSDT code for the Optiplex 780, or the 760 which is very similar, for me to understand well enough to do it with any confidence that what I do will work.  

Would someone here please help me with the editing or edit the DSDT for me?  

Attached are zipped files containing the DSDT and the IODeviceTree and IOService files generated by IORegistryExplorer.

Thanks.

Attached Files

Ren.SX

Ren.SX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

I have a GT210. I bought it because my 2560x1440 monitor only has one DVI-D input, and my onboard Sandy bridge motherboard cannot output DVI at that high a resolution - it only goes up to 1920x1200 I think.

Well i'm having some issues, the system does recognise it but a)it always runs at full speed and b)I can't boot with the cable plugged in to it, and it only works if it's a secondary display to another crappy 1080p HDMI monitor. I try making it primary display in BIOS but it just throws up errors during boot.

tastytoast

tastytoast

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I have a fully working installation of Mavericks in an Optiplex 780, including sleep and wake.  I just installed an XFX HD 5450 1GB video/graphics card ( 0X68F91002 ) and got it fully working with acceleration by modding two kext files but I want to edit the DSDT to enable it without hacked kexts so OS updates won't affect it.  

I've looked around the net, including here and elsewhere, and found instructions but none appear to relate well to the DSDT code for the Optiplex 780, or the 760 which is very similar, for me to understand well enough to do it with any confidence that what I do will work.  

Would someone here please help me with the editing or edit the DSDT for me?  

Attached are zipped files containing the DSDT and the IODeviceTree and IOService files generated by IORegistryExplorer.

Thanks.

Yes, Me two! Would great to have this at a dsdt level!

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

So do I !

BTW How did you manage to enable sleep ? I've never had any success !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ATI, AMD, Radeon, HD5450, 5450, Mavericks, 10.9

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy