[Guide] [Mavericks & Yosemite] AMD Radeon HD5450

Dr. Hurt

214 posts in this topic

Hi Dr. Hurt and thanx for your time.

The DSDT you provided to me is for the 0x68e01002 id's, right ?

I'll give a try but it seems that I used it a with my 0x68f91002 config which is not good of course.

Tell me if I'm wrong but I just have to modifiy the values with DSDT Editor to makes it work with my 0x68f91002 config ?

post-1163891-0-22549300-1383317641_thumb.jpg

DSDT 0x68F91002.zip

dsdt.aml 0x68e01002.zip

Hi Dr. Hurt and thanx for your time.

The DSDT you provided to me is for the 0x68e01002 id's, right ?

I'll give a try but it seems that I used it a with my 0x68f91002 config which is not good of course.

Tell me if I'm wrong but I just have to modifiy the values with DSDT Editor to makes it work with my 0x68f91002 config ?

No, you misunderstood that.

68E0 is the fake id we must use to trick the kext. The OS already sees your card as F9, so we use DSDT to make it see the card as E0 instead  :D

Just boot with the DSDT and the stock kexts.

Dr. Hurt, it's a special case here. I run OS X Mavericks in ESXi 5.1 as a virtual machine and passthrough the ATI HD5450 graphic card. I can enable the card by following your 2nd method i.e. change the kext drivers. It works perfectly.

I would like to enable the card by DSDT because I want to enable the HDMI audio and the onboard audio (also passthrough) later. I installed Chimera and changed my DSDT by following your 1st method, but it doesn't work. After the change, the PCIe graphic card is listed in the system report but the device-id is not changed to the fake one. According to IOReg, the display bridge seems to be PE40 instead of PEGP or PEG0. I attached both DSDT and IOreg files. Could you throw some light? Thanks a lot.

dsdt.aml.zip

ioreg.zip

Dr. Hurt, it's a special case here. I run OS X Mavericks in ESXi 5.1 as a virtual machine and passthrough the ATI HD5450 graphic card. I can enable the card by following your 2nd method i.e. change the kext drivers. It works perfectly.

I would like to enable the card by DSDT because I want to enable the HDMI audio and the onboard audio (also passthrough) later. I installed Chimera and changed my DSDT by following your 1st method, but it doesn't work. After the change, the PCIe graphic card is listed in the system report but the device-id is not changed to the fake one. According to IOReg, the display bridge seems to be PE40 instead of PEGP or PEG0. I attached both DSDT and IOreg files. Could you throw some light? Thanks a lot.

In that case, you need to add the Device (GFX0) under the Device (PE40).

Here's your patched DSDT. Remember that to use it, you need to revert to stock kexts (ie. change back ids in kexts to original values).

dsdt.aml.zip

Hi Doc !

Sorry to bother you with that but I made so much tryes that my config has become a real mess. I even can't use the old editing method, ilt doen't works and I can't explain why. So let's start over :

Here's the DSDT with id : 68e41002

and the patched Kexts I actually use with this id (they don't work, I got an error at boot with AMDRadeonAccelerator : malformed kext, Device is in Slot 1)

So could you please patched my DSDT and take a look at my modified Kexts to tell me what going wrong ? I did the editing method a thousand times with others Radeon HD 5450 1gb and I never had so much problem to make them works. I'm wondering if the AMDRadeonAccelerator is still necessary with Mavericks so I tried without it but I got no QE/CI. With it it crashes and with GraphicsEnabler=No it doesn't but still no QE/CI.

Thanx for your time

DSDT 68e41002.zip

Patched Kexts.zip

Ooops, sorry about that  :blush:

Unfortunately it did not work. Still no QE / CI, even enabling GE.

The only kext related to amd is loading, is this one:

65    0 0xffffff7f81a56000 0x7a000    0x7a000    com.apple.kext.AMDSupport (1.1.4) <64 63 11 10 7 5 4 3 1>

Still, thanks a lot for your help!  ^_^

Hi Dr. Hurt. I had problems installing Asus HD 5450 on my Asus P5K-VM Mobo. Currently I use Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT, but I keep getting fermi freezes. Well, with the original kexts, all I get is the fray screen with the spinning gear and I never get on the desktop. I edited the kexts, but all I got was a black screen. I am totally illiterate in editing dsdt. Can you do it for me please? And eventually tell me what you did and where. I may learn.

Many thanks in advance.

dsdt.aml.zip

Hi,

I was wondering if you could please please please edit my DSDT for me?

The Device ID for my card is 0x68f9

DSDT-GA-X58A-UD3R-2.0-FH.aml.zip

Hi Dr. Hurt. I had problems installing Asus HD 5450 on my Asus P5K-VM Mobo. Currently I use Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT, but I keep getting fermi freezes. Well, with the original kexts, all I get is the fray screen with the spinning gear and I never get on the desktop. I edited the kexts, but all I got was a black screen. I am totally illiterate in editing dsdt. Can you do it for me please? And eventually tell me what you did and where. I may learn.

Many thanks in advance.

dsdt.aml.zip

I put back the original kexts and I tried the dsdt, I got just a black screen after the loading. I only use the DVI port, not the VGA. Now I already ordered an ATI 5570, that I found out it is working OOB, no special kexts and dsdt editing needed. I hope to resolve this system. My appreciation for your work Dr. Hurt. Unfortunately I cannot find an ATI HD 5670 I have one on my other hackintosh and I can tell it is working out of the box.

I put back the original kexts and I tried the dsdt, I got just a black screen after the loading. I only use the DVI port, not the VGA. Now I already ordered an ATI 5570, that I found out it is working OOB, no special kexts and dsdt editing needed. I hope to resolve this system. My appreciation for your work Dr. Hurt. Unfortunately I cannot find an ATI HD 5670 I have one on my other hackintosh and I can tell it is working out of the box.

Hi, I have a 5570 but after having upgraded my system successfully from 10.7.5 to 10.9 I noticed that QE/CI are disabled, even with GE=yes and AtiConfig=Eulemur (these parameters went well before.....), any suggestions?

How do you know 5570 works OOB?

Hi.Dr.

First forgive my poor English.

The second many thanks for your post, it has been the answer to my problems. Right now I have it working with kekt.

But I wanted to try the DSDT modification.

I send my file to see if you could inject the code. My HD5450 is 0x68F9.

Thanks in advance.

asus.dsl.zip

Hi,

After installing all the required Kexts and changing my device ID etc, my hackintosh reads my graphics card as "Graphics: Unknown 5 mb" in the About this Mac window.

Also, my screen does not take up the entire area of my display and There is only 1 option in System Preferences > displays > scaled, that is 1400x1050

I don't know what to do next. I am using the chimera bootloader and my system is DSDTfree.

Did you installed the AMDRadeonAccelerator kext ? If not, try it and you should get QE/CI & full resolution support.

Thanks for the quick response. I read somewhere that 10.9 doesn't support AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext.

I'll try it and come back with my results.

Edit:

I tried installing the AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext into S/L/E and repaired permissions. Still no luck. I have a black border of unused display area around my screen when I use HDMI and I activated full hd mode by adding 1920x1080x32 in org.chameleon.boot.plist

My system information still shows Unknown graphics with 5 MB memory.

Please let me know if there is some way to fix this, I've been trying for 3 days now and I really want to get this working.

I cannot find PEG0 or PEGP in my DSDT.aml file. I tried the second method but it didnt work. Can someone help me out with DSDT please? I have uploaded the file. 

Thanks.

EDIT 2:

I now tried following this guide and added the code Dr.Hurt has posted, but I get 13 errors and I'm unable to compile.

Here's a list of errors:

1482 Error Object does not exist (DTGP)

7092 Error Name already exists in scope (GFX0)

7094 Error Name already exists in scope (_ADR)

7318 Error Object is not accessible from this scope (TASM)

7324 Error Object is not accessible from this scope (TASM)

7511 Error Object not found or not accessible from scope ( PCI0)

7511 Error Forward references from Scope operator not allowed ( PCI0)

7513 Error Object is not accessible from this scope (MCHP)

7514 Error Object is not accessible from this scope (MCHP)

7517 Error Object is not accessible from this scope (TASM)

7549 Error Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.GFX0.GSCI)

7783 Error Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.GFX0.OPTS)

7792 Error Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.GFX0.OWAK)

I really have no clue what to try next. Someone please please help me out! 

DSDT.zip

I assumed that you have check Graphics Enabler=Yes and AtiConfig=Elemur. (what's the model and IDs of your card by the way ?). With my MSI Radeon HD 5450 1GB (ids = 0x68f91002), the AMDRadeonAccelerator works fine under Mavericks. But strangely, with my other Sapphire Radeon HD 5450 1GB (IDs = 0x68e41002), it shows me an error with this kext during the boot process (kext malformed or something like that) but it works fine. If you have the same IDs as mine, I can send you them both.

But remember that you can't use patched kexts with a patched DSDT at the same time, you have to choose one method. Personnaly, I really don't undertstand how DSDT editing works even If I know it's the best way to avoid system updates and sleep issues. If someone is skilled enough to provide a clear and quite simple guide on how to edit DSDT, I would be greatly interested but so far, I never find that.

• Like 1