Mavericks Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio

toleda

470 posts in this topic

Move Desktop/audio_ALC889-master file back to Downloads. Delete Desktop/audio_ALC889. Double click audio_alc889-90_patch.command from Downloads/audio_ALC889-master.

Hello toleda

all ok thanks

@Fabio1971

Try this Kext:

Hello mirone

all ok thanks

Fabio

Hello, i'm not able to get my ALC1150 working as intended.

I have a front panel with Headphones, Mic-in, Line-In jack's.

But they do not work, i tried to use all Out Line in the Audio manager.

I don't really care at the line-in or mic, but i need headphones to work.

The jack's on the motherboard are working, but i also need the output at the front panel.

My Motherboard is AsRock H87 Fatal1ty Performance, and i have a fresh install of Mountain Lion 10.8.5 and i don't use a dsdt.

EDIT: I just saw that i posted in the Mavericks thread, sorry for that, but anyway i used all istructions for Mountain Lion.

I just did install HDAEnabler1.kext and then i used your command script to patch AppleHDA.kext

All worked fine since at least i have the audio on the motherboard jack's.

Then i tried with HDAEnabler2.kext, but nothing changed.

I don't know if there are other steps to enable them, or if i did something wrong.

I got some difficulties to follow your instructions, and i am not an hackintosh expert.

Can you assist me to get it working?

Thank you very much and sorry if my english is not perfect, i'm italian.

The jack's on the motherboard are working, but i also need the output at the front panel.

You have a front panel problem.  If System Preferences/Sound/Output/Internal Speakers does not change to Headphones when plugged into the front panel, OS X does not see the front panel electrically.  OS X only supports HD Audio, no AC 97 support.  Verify correct font panel connector is plugged into the correct port on the motherboard.

You have a front panel problem.  If System Preferences/Sound/Output/Internal Speakers does not change to Headphones when plugged into the front panel, OS X does not see the front panel electrically.  OS X only supports HD Audio, no AC 97 support.  Verify correct font panel connector is plugged into the correct port on the motherboard.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

It is connected correctly, because on Windows 7 is working. Also it was working in Snow Leopard using generic Voodoo before installed ML (the sound was distorted but it was working).

On the Motherboard i only have one Port for the audio panel and it is HD Audio.

But i don't know if the panel matter, maybe it is not compatible with HD Audio and it is only Ac'97?

In red is where is connected to:

EDIT 1: I found out that my front panel is AC 97 and not HD Audio, so it is incompatible.

LAST EDIT: I got it Working! I've manually patched the Platforms.xml  to manually select between Headphones and Internal Speaker and the front panel is working.

Ill do the same for Mic, and hope it will work.

Thank you for your help and your work!

v1.1 - 12/22/13 - Mavericks 10.9.1 AppleHDA Patches available, see Post #1

hi Toleda,

do you see a way for us AMD users to get the internal sound card ALC8xx to run  or is this just a dream of mine or some such made ​​possible to implement in the near future?

hello toleda. this is great guide. i've followed everything in the op (and the github). but no sound coming from my speaker (nor my headphone port). sound comes from 1st line out and 2nd line out though.

here my hackintosh's details:

1. Maverick 10.9.1/HM55 (Acer 4740)/InsydeH20 v1.10/i3 330M/Intel HD 1st gen (i dont use the hdmi, so dont really care bout it)

2. dsdt patch (layout-id 2, (no sound whatsoever in layout-id 1 or 3))/AppleHDA Mavericks 10.9.1 patched using 888_v100202 patch

3-7, http://www78.zippyshare.com/v/13506264/file.html

the sound from applehda is far better than from voodoohda (it even sound nicer than in win8.1 using foobar2000+wasapi), it will be nice if the sound coming from the internal speaker and the headphone port. thanks

hello toleda. this is great guide. i've followed everything in the op (and the github). but no sound coming from my speaker (nor my headphone port). sound comes from 1st line out and 2nd line out though.

Audio is working, however, your laptop uses different pin assignments from desktops.  Attach a codec dump to see which pins are assigned to Internal speaker and microphone.

• Like 1

codec_dump.txt

i've changed the pathmap in platforms.xml, internal mic is working. but no sound from internal speaker (the path is correct according to codec_dump_dec.txt.svg), nor the headphone (ive changed this too). tried change the pinconfig in the plist with the modified verbs.. no sound :D im really confuse.

it might be bothering, but thanks for your help. i appreciate it (and the guide too)

I have no knowledge of AMD audio.  OS X requires Intel High Definition Audio spec compliance and checks for valid device_ids.

hi toledo, thanks carlo_67, we have new drivers get without boot npci=0x.....

but sound with AppleHDA without functional. I hope you can help me

I add here a link as I have created my systeminfo imaging

Please can you look at the data to you, perhaps you can create something. should you require any information to be famous, then please contact me.

If you succeed, then the user would be a huge success for all amd

here is the new drivers package for mavericks 10.9.2

Edited by spakk

we have new drivers get without boot npci=0x.....

but sound with AppleHDA without functional. 

Doesn't do anything for audio.  Attach an IOReg.

i've changed the pathmap in platforms.xml, internal mic is working. but no sound from internal speaker (the path is correct according to codec_dump_dec.txt.svg), nor the headphone (ive changed this too). tried change the pinconfig in the plist with the modified verbs.. no sound )

Out of town, attach codec_dump_dec.txt.svg  and verbit.txt.

• Like 1

Doesn't do anything for audio.  Attach an IOReg.

Hi toleda,

with VoodooHDA sound output is OK, but with AppleHDA no sound output but  AppleHDAController is active

you can see the differences based good on the two visually results

with VoodooHDA 2.8.4:
#63 icon_share.png

and with AppleHDA:

#65 icon_share.png

Ioreg_txt.zip

AMD_IMac14,2_ioreg.zip

Edited by spakk

Hi toleda,

with VoodooHDA sound output is OK, but with AppleHDA no sound output but  AppleHDAController is active

you can see the differences based good on the two visually results

with VoodooHDA 2.8.4:
#63 icon_share.png

and with AppleHDA:

#65 icon_share.png

:)

spakk , your HDMI works with voodooHDA ? 

with AppleHDA no sound output but  AppleHDAController is active

AMD_iMac14,2 IOReg does show AppleHDAController loading for the Nvidia HDMI audio codec. HDMI audio works with the native Mavericks AppleHDA.  See Mavericks AppleHDA HDMI Audio - OSx86 10.9 (Mavericks) - InsanelyMac Forum

For onboard audio, try this AppleHDAController binary edit:

Find: 86 80 20 1C

Repl: 10 02 43 83

Reply with IOReg (.ioreg not .txt)

• Like 1

this is the result but no sound

Edit:

toledo, please watch my iioreg to that : (vendor-id and device-id) will now be displayed 0x10de0ac0 but it must be 0x10de0bee

but change after the Hex has done something :w00t: :drool:

AppleHDA with Hex-patch.png

CodecDump.zip

AppleHDAController_after Hex_patch.png

Edited by spakk

please watch my iioreg to that : (vendor-id and device-id) will now be displayed 0x10de0ac0 but it must be 0x10de0bee

but change after the Hex has done something

Those device_ids are in a plist and  support legacy native products.; not relevant.

AppleHDAController patch did not work.

What AppleHDA.kext is installed; native, 889 or something else?  Attach.

from Combo Update10.9.2

Those device_ids are in a plist and support legacy native products.; not relevant.

AppleHDAController patch did not work.

What AppleHDA.kext is installed; native, 889 or something else? Attach./quote]

please create a link to the version that you think should work with my system. I have tested so many sound driver in the last hours and now I have lost the overview. thanks for your help.

So ALC275 is unsupported by this topic. :( If anyone knows how, HELP! I don't want to stay w/ Voodoo Quality Sound :(

open IoregExplorer, Save the IOREG and upload it here,

better you post a code_dump create code_dump under Linux from your sound card and upload the code here