AppleHDA Realtek ALC audio sound

• Please log in to reply
458 replies to this topic

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,266 posts

When I do not use sound for 5 minutes and I receive a warning or FaceTime or if I move a folder in the trash, it makes as a boom! just before the sound

That is popping; it has happens with Realtek codecs in OS X on non native hardware.  It is worse for some and not present for many. See Post #1:

More Information - toleda/audio_ALCInjection

1. M-Realtek ALC AppleHDA Capabilities.pdf
    • ex., Audio_ID Configurations, Surround sound, audio popping, USB start up problem

chris1111

chris1111

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,524 posts

That is popping; it has happens with Realtek codecs in OS X on non native hardware.  It is worse for some and not present for many. See Post #1:

More Information - toleda/audio_ALCInjection

1. M-Realtek ALC AppleHDA Capabilities.pdf
    • ex., Audio_ID Configurations, Surround sound, audio popping, USB start up problem

Yes thats right; this is  Popping  :) i am going see the post, thanks toleda .

Edit I see this   :D

Audio Popping Solution

1. Symptoms
1. After a short period of no audio, the amp is turned down/quieted to eliminate static/

noise. When the audio signal returns, the amp is powered up causing a pop. 2. Work Around:

1. Digital audio (HDMI, optical, USB, etc.)

2. Black or orange ports   ( not work )

3. Anti pop software       ( What is this soft ?? )

4. Macpro3,1 system definition 

I am used Imac 14.2 system definition on Clover , do you think Mac pro 3.1 fix my Issue ?

Thanks in Advance :P 

sanackas

sanackas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Ok i am sorry for the other post my english is very limited...

For my problem, help would be really cool :)
My setup is in my signature
audio card model is ALC 887
I do not know if it really is detected but no sound ...

Mavericks is 13a603 version.

999292Screenshot003.png

247719Screenshot004.png

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,266 posts

For my problem, help would be really cool :)

Not helpful. Reply with information requested, Post #1, Problem Reporting 

chris1111

chris1111

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,524 posts

HI toleda when your have time, just looking my last post please  :)

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,266 posts

2. Work Around:

1. Digital audio (HDMI, optical, USB, etc.)

2. Black or orange ports   ( not work )

3. Anti pop software       ( What is this soft ?? )

4. Macpro3,1 system definition 

I am used Imac 14.2 system definition on Clover , do you think Mac pro 3.1 fix my Issue ?

How did you verify sound is not working on the Black and orange ports?

Search: mac anti pop

macpro3,1 will solve popping, however, it may disable AirPlay Mirroring, PM, etc.

chris1111

chris1111

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,524 posts

How did you verify sound is not working on the Black and orange ports?

Search: mac anti pop

macpro3,1 will solve popping, however, it may disable AirPlay Mirroring, PM, etc.

black and orange port works but poping to .

Cool McCool

Cool McCool

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

The ALC885 is native to OS X. In 10.9, none of the other Realtek codecs work with an 885 binary patch.  For the ALC885, the choice is the native or the same patch for the other Realtek codecs.  With the native patch, some users have reported popping.

Mine actually sounds better with the patched AppleHDA.kext,  but its good to know that the 885 has a couple of choices. 

I don't see many people with the same mobo as mine, but its really a rock solid board for a hackintosh build.  With a Q9550 CPU its also plenty fast.  The audio sounds great too.  :)

chris1111

chris1111

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,524 posts

black and orange port works but poping to .

SOLVED with this soft antipop-1.0.2.dmg  :D  :thumbsup_anim: 

​green port /Internal speaker  no poping  :P

thank you for your help toleda

User Mirone  just send me link for Antipop thanks Mirone  B)

here 

https://www.macupdat...c/29024/antipop

teeodor

teeodor

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Is there for alc 269? Thanks!

JesusInABox

JesusInABox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hey there toleda,

I've been having TONS of trouble getting my audio to work on my prebuilt. Yes, prebuilt, it was a gift... haha. My particular model is the HPE-410f here: http://h10025.www1.h...cname=c02481315

If you don't feel like clicking that, it includes an AMD Phenom II X6 1045T and an ALC888s (I'm pretty sure you said there's no difference between the 888 and 888s, so I am banking on that.)

Anyways, Mavericks is working beautifully and everything is recognized except for the audio, and it's annoying as that's what I want to work the most! (Ableton, Logic, etc.)

Also, if we can't get this working, maybe you know what's wrong with my little USB audio device, a Syba model. It works perfectly fine is Lion 10.7.5, but flops in Mavericks. Extremely glitchy and barely decipherable. It's this model here: http://www.amazon.co...t/dp/B001MSS6CS

And finally, when mavericks boots up and I looked at the kernel log (no panics, surprisingly), this is what it says. Anything you can see in here? I followed your guide, ran the ALC888_90.command and there was no glitches. I even restored the original AppleHDA to use it, so if this could get figured out that would be great!

Thanks for a response!

Here's the code relating to the HDA:

11/9/13 10:48:14.124 PM com.apple.kextd[12]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext"
11/9/13 10:48:14.459 PM com.apple.kextd[12]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext"
11/9/13 10:48:14.000 PM kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 352
11/9/13 10:48:14.000 PM kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 352
11/9/13 10:48:22.536 PM com.apple.kextcache[1063]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext"
11/9/13 10:48:22.597 PM com.apple.kextcache[1063]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext"
11/9/13 10:56:29.226 PM com.apple.kextd[12]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext"
11/9/13 10:56:31.019 PM com.apple.kextd[12]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext"
11/9/13 10:56:31.000 PM kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 352
11/9/13 10:56:31.000 PM kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 352

I also saw this right above it, if that has anything to do with it? But when I went and looked at the file itself, the info.plist DID exist....

11/9/13 10:24:22.921 PM com.apple.kextd[12]: AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext has no Info.plist file.
11/9/13 10:24:24.021 PM com.apple.kextcache[1584]: AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext has no Info.plist file.
11/9/13 10:24:24.202 PM com.apple.kextcache[1584]: AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext has no Info.plist file.
11/9/13 10:24:24.265 PM com.apple.kextcache[1584]: AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext has no Info.plist file.
11/9/13 10:24:24.318 PM com.apple.kextcache[1584]: AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext has no Info.plist file.

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,266 posts

Is there for alc 269? Thanks!

Not on this thread.

And finally, when mavericks boots up and I looked at the kernel log (no panics, surprisingly), this is what it says. Anything you can see in here? I followed your guide, ran the ALC888_90.command and there was no glitches.

See Problem Reporting, Post #1, reply with requested information.

JesusInABox

JesusInABox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Sorry man, here you go.

1.) OSX 10.9 n-Alvorix RS880 Micro ATX Motherboard with AMD785g chipset, AMD Phenom II X6 1045t 6 core processor, and upgraded GTX 560 Ti graphics. Bios is stock, AHCI enabled, all that.

2.) I used your install guide above. I replaced the stock 2.5.2 AppleHDA and ran the command alcaudio_90.command. The patch was a success for what I can see. I then installed HDAEnabler1, as when I look at the information I see intel audio and it lists it as 1.

3.) I used your patcher for AppleHDA.

4.) I don’t use dsdt, I don’t think it works for AMD?

Here's a screenshot of the intel audio ID: http://gyazo.com/af4...b61c5d3d8e09905

It wouldnt let me upload .ioreg files, so I just uploaded it to mediafire here: http://www.mediafire...ezzwe4dp4e751s7

The other one's attached.

Thanks again!

Attached Files

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,266 posts

It wouldnt let me upload .ioreg files, so I just uploaded it to mediafire here: http://www.mediafire...ezzwe4dp4e751s7

No onboard audio codec, looks like you installed a disabler.   Remove it, restart and reply with new IOReg (compress and attach).

JesusInABox

JesusInABox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I looked all over my kexts and couldn't find out where a disabler was, if it was obvious. I attached screenshots of my kexts if you see anything in there that would be disabling it? It was a pretty stock Mavericks install with a patched AMD kernel from Bronvoska and Andy and ##### Mavericks stock DSDT-free install. The only other thing I installed manually was my ethernet kext, so I got nothing. I understand if you don't want to waste your time looking through these kexts, if you would that'd be great, but if not it's alright. I appreciate you trying to help me anyways.

http://gyazo.com/791...2bfd3e3d4b39056

http://gyazo.com/10e...b78d9265ddc7fac

http://gyazo.com/56b...754270a290d7b41

http://gyazo.com/0e9...cffd3946b8c5ad9

http://gyazo.com/c7c...2534084d2071948

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,266 posts

I looked all over my kexts and couldn't find out where a disabler was, 

Look at the end of your IOReg, when Disabler is gone you may have a chance for audio.  Otherwise, a clean install.

JesusInABox

JesusInABox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I looked at what you were talking about, all those are graphics kexts disabled by the modified AMD kernel, I don't think those have anything to do with audio :( Any other suggestions?

edit: Could FakeSMC have anything to do with this perhaps?

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,266 posts

edit: Could FakeSMC have anything to do with this perhaps?

No. Without a  codec, no audio.

abubin

abubin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

I tried hackintosh long time ago. Not very successful there. Here I am again, trying again with 10.9. My motherboard is gigabyte ga-b75m-d3v (ver 2.0). Sound is ALC887. I manage to install mavericks but there are no sound. I tried reading this guy but it is too confusing for me. I am not sure which file to download and how to apply the patch.

Some one please be kind enough to provide a step by step guide.

Again, my sound is ALC887 with 3 holes behind. Thanks.

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,266 posts

Some one please be kind enough to provide a step by step guide.

There are 10 steps, how many more do you need?

1. Install Audio ID: 2 kext enabler, audio_kext_enabler/HDAEnabler1.kext.zip at master · toleda/audio_kext_enabler

2. Click on the 887 link in Post #1, this thread

3. Read the README

4. Press the "Download Zip" Button

5. See README/Installation/Shell Script/.command - 5  more steps

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AppleHDA, Realtek, ALC, audio, sound

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy