Mavericks Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio

toleda

470 posts in this topic

IOReg says your audio is working.  Two Intel High Definition Audio suggests there is an extra audio enabler installed somewhere (S/L/E or E/E). S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext is required, delete any others.

@ lboregard: What version of Ozmosis are you running? There was a FSB detection bug in early releases that affected audio. It was fixed in 801M.

hi Riley Freeman, how can i tell which version is it .. to be honest, i'm using the last version xpamadeus posted here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288829-guide-gigabyte-z77x-ud5h-clover-uefi-installtweak-guide/page-9?do=findComment&comment=1942888

i do have some news to share, which is why i was back on this page ... i managed to get it stable (no crackling, no sound decreasing .. knock on wood) by installing toleda's 10.8.4 AppleHDA .. go figure ... nevertheless i will look into the ozmosis version

thanks Riley Freeman !

<EDIT>

Figured it out, stupid mistake on my part.  I had a leftover ALC8xxHDA.kext in my /S/L/E directory from my 10.8.3 install.  Removed it and all is good.  

Apologies if anyone wasted time reading this!

</EDIT>

Thanks for this great work.  My sound output is working great but my microphone doesn't appear to be working as it should.

Description:

My only listing for input devices is "Line In" which maps to the blue 'line in' port on my mobo.  

Possibly related is that my front panel audio is not functioning. Plugging in headphones does not mute the back audio and no sound comes from the headphones.

HW/SW:

10.9 mavericks

Asus Sabertooth x79

ATI 7xxx GPU

Intel 3930k

Unsure of current bios version, can look next time I reboot.

Procedure:

I started with a stock AppleHDA.kext version 2.5.2 and ran your ALC892 patch for 10.9

Also installed your HDAEnabler1.kext

I'm not running a DSDT.aml but rampagedev's new SSDT.aml found here: http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/dsdt-downloads/asus-x79/  I'll include it in the zip.

The data you request for problem reports is attached here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1br08t76yuj0ddr/audio_troubleshooting.zip

The system information shot is interesting because it lists the front audio jacks and the microphone, but for some reason they just aren't showing up in the device list.  I've tried booting the computer with the headphones/microphone plugged in/out both front and back.

Thanks again for your hard work and taking the time to read this, and apologies in advance if it's something I've messed up.

Cheers,

J

hi Riley Freeman, how can i tell which version is it .. to be honest, i'm using the last version xpamadeus posted here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288829-guide-gigabyte-z77x-ud5h-clover-uefi-installtweak-guide/page-9?do=findComment&comment=1942888

That's 739M. It may have the FSB bug (it was fixed in 801M). If your audio is working fine then you don't have to update Ozmosis. But it's no harm keeping up to date.

To check the version, run the terminal, type bdmesg and look at the top of the output. It will show the version.

ye

That's 739M. It may have the FSB bug (it was fixed in 801M). If your audio is working fine then you don't have to update Ozmosis. But it's no harm keeping up to date.

To check the version, run the terminal, type bdmesg and look at the top of the output. It will show the version.

yep, you were right (output from bdmesg)

00:000 00:000 Ozmosis 1.01.0739M   (2013-08-13 01:10:33  ) on 2013-11-02 22:56:17

toleda, 

I have followed your guide here:

and tried everything to no avail.  I still do not have sound working.  Sound works when I'm running Snow Loepard, so I know it is possible.  

Here are the requested specifics:

(1) OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics:  OSX Mavericks 10.9.0, Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6 v1.0, BIOS version F9, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550, XFX Nvidia GTS 250 1GB

(2) Procedure/Guide Used/AppleHDA.kext version: I have tried all listed procedures, kext, SSDT, DSDT, kext patching and none have worked.  Currently I am using the KEXT procedure with the original AppleHDA.kext version that came with Mavericks 10.9.  Currently using the following additional kexts:  FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, HDAEnabler1.kext, NVEnabler.kext

** I am using this HDAEnabler1: https://github.com/toleda/audio_HDAEnabler1/

(3) I do not have a Extra/DSDT.aml

(4) Copy of IOReg - IOReg/File/Save a Copy As…, verify file (not ioreg.txt), see Tools/2:  see zip attachment

(5) Console/All Messages/kernel Sound assertions selected/Save Selection As: see zip attachment

(6) Screenshot of System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio (not Devices): see zip attachment

Please let me know of anything else you need, any questions, or anything you wish me to do.

Thanks for all you do,

McCool

Update:  Apparently the attachment didn't make it here.  Here is a link instead:

It looks like the native AppleHDA.kext is installed, good news.  Select ALC885 in Post #1.  A few steps later, restart and verify audio.

[..deleted questions..]

toleda,

You're cooler than cool.   B)  I patched AppleHDA.kext with your 885 script and my audio now works and sounds GREAT  Thanks for the help toledo, and thanks for putting all of this together and making the downloads available.  Thorough the efforts of people like you the world a better place for all of us.

I left the HDEnabler1.kext in /S/L/E along with the patched AppleHDA.kext.  That was where I was confused as I was thinking either the patch, or HDEnabler1.kext but not both.  Anyway, it now works thanks to you!

One final question I have is about the optional perl regex patching in the script.  What is its purpose?  I ran the script both with and without the perl regex patching enabled, and my audio works either way.  Is there any advantage to the optional perl patching enabled?

McCool

One final question I have is about the optional perl regex patching in the script.  What is its purpose?  I ran the script both with and without the perl regex patching enabled, and my audio works either way.  Is there any advantage to the optional perl patching enabled?

The ALC885 is native to OS X. In 10.9, none of the other Realtek codecs work with an 885 binary patch.  For the ALC885, the choice is the native or the same patch for the other Realtek codecs.  With the native patch, some users have reported popping.

HI toleda is what you've already heard her problems, I have a return of sound with the ALC 898 on My Z87X UD5H

When I do not use sound for 5 minutes and I receive a warning or FaceTime or if I move a folder in the trash, it makes as a boom! just before the sound  :blush:
And  I have same problems whit   Z87M D3H Do you think its a GA problems or what ?? thank you to answer me  B)

When I do not use sound for 5 minutes and I receive a warning or FaceTime or if I move a folder in the trash, it makes as a boom! just before the sound

That is popping; it has happens with Realtek codecs in OS X on non native hardware.  It is worse for some and not present for many. See Post #1:

More Information - toleda/audio_ALCInjection

1. M-Realtek ALC AppleHDA Capabilities.pdf
    • ex., Audio_ID Configurations, Surround sound, audio popping, USB start up problem

That is popping; it has happens with Realtek codecs in OS X on non native hardware.  It is worse for some and not present for many. See Post #1:

More Information - toleda/audio_ALCInjection

1. M-Realtek ALC AppleHDA Capabilities.pdf
    • ex., Audio_ID Configurations, Surround sound, audio popping, USB start up problem

Yes thats right; this is  Popping  :) i am going see the post, thanks toleda .

Edit I see this   :D

Audio Popping Solution

1. Symptoms

1. After a short period of no audio, the amp is turned down/quieted to eliminate static/

noise. When the audio signal returns, the amp is powered up causing a pop. 2. Work Around:

1. Digital audio (HDMI, optical, USB, etc.)

2. Black or orange ports   ( not work )

3. Anti pop software       ( What is this soft ?? )

4. Macpro3,1 system definition 

I am used Imac 14.2 system definition on Clover , do you think Mac pro 3.1 fix my Issue ?

Thanks in Advance :P 

Ok i am sorry for the other post my english is very limited...

For my problem, help would be really cool :)
My setup is in my signature
audio card model is ALC 887
I do not know if it really is detected but no sound ...

Mavericks is 13a603 version.

999292Screenshot003.png

247719Screenshot004.png

2. Work Around:

1. Digital audio (HDMI, optical, USB, etc.)

2. Black or orange ports   ( not work )

3. Anti pop software       ( What is this soft ?? )

4. Macpro3,1 system definition 

I am used Imac 14.2 system definition on Clover , do you think Mac pro 3.1 fix my Issue ?

How did you verify sound is not working on the Black and orange ports?

Search: mac anti pop

macpro3,1 will solve popping, however, it may disable AirPlay Mirroring, PM, etc.

How did you verify sound is not working on the Black and orange ports?

Search: mac anti pop

macpro3,1 will solve popping, however, it may disable AirPlay Mirroring, PM, etc.

black and orange port works but poping to .

The ALC885 is native to OS X. In 10.9, none of the other Realtek codecs work with an 885 binary patch.  For the ALC885, the choice is the native or the same patch for the other Realtek codecs.  With the native patch, some users have reported popping.

Mine actually sounds better with the patched AppleHDA.kext,  but its good to know that the 885 has a couple of choices. 

I don't see many people with the same mobo as mine, but its really a rock solid board for a hackintosh build.  With a Q9550 CPU its also plenty fast.  The audio sounds great too.  :)

black and orange port works but poping to .

SOLVED with this soft antipop-1.0.2.dmg  :D  :thumbsup_anim: 

​green port /Internal speaker  no poping  :P

thank you for your help toleda

User Mirone  just send me link for Antipop thanks Mirone  B)

here 

https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/29024/antipop