Mavericks Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio

toleda

470 posts in this topic

I have no sound at all.  Mavericks doesn't detect a sound card: "No output devices found".

1. OS X 10.9 / Shuttle SP35P2V2 (Intel P35) / BIOS Version SP35U20J / Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 / ATI HD5770 (XFX)

2. Patched DSDT with HDEF using ([Guide] Add or Edit HDEF-dsdt.pdf): Set Audio_ID 1

Tried to patch AppleHDA (the one from the Mavericks install) using https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALC888 (ALC888_v100202 Legacy)

3. DSDT.aml inside zip

4. IOReg inside zip

5. Console log inside zip

6. Audio screenshot inside zip

Graphics screenshot inside zip

For good measure, my DCPIManager screenshot is also inside the zip.

I really appreciate your work and I hope you can help me.  I used to use VoodooHDA, but all I heard was static, so I was hoping I can get this to work.  Is my P35 motherboard just too old?  I should have ALC888(s?), so it should work, yes?  If not, where can I get the "alternate Platforms.xml.zlib"?

Here's the zip with all my files in it: SP35P2v2.zip

following on from our Pms...

i am having problems with sound - Z87 Deluxe, no DSDT using Clover Uefi...

with iTunes sound is fine for 15 seconds of music then sound get crackly then cuts off then comes back on jerky...
playing from an mp4 with quicktime there is no problem at all...
playing the same song in quicktime that i played in iTunes is perfect and not crackly... 
youtube videos sound is fine for 15 seconds of music then sound get crackly then cuts off then comes back on jerky and out of sync to the video...

after your help i ran the script and followed your instructions but still getting the above problem...

Terminal Saved Output.zip

config.plist.zip

Scotty’s iMac.zip

I have no sound at all.  Mavericks doesn't detect a sound card: "No output devices found".

1. OS X 10.9 / Shuttle SP35P2V2 (Intel P35) / BIOS Version SP35U20J / Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 / ATI HD5770 (XFX)

where can I get the "alternate Platforms.xml.zlib"?

888_v100001 is not supported, for some, the v100201 works; not in your case.  The pathmap is not close. As well, Shuttles have difficulty with OS X audio.  Assuming you substituted the 888_v100202.zip for 887.zip, you installed the alternate Platfoms.xml. If you find a working vintage 888 AppleHDA.kext, it can likely be updated for Mavericks.

after your help i ran the script and followed your instructions but still getting the above problem...

I have not experienced those problems, though others have a similar issue with Chrome/Flash.  Suggest you change config.plist/Audio/Inject/2. See Post #1, Realtek ALC Speakers for Audio ID: 2 and try using Blue motherboard connector/System Preferences/Sound/Output/(1st) Line Out and listen for any difference.

The script ran correctly.  Attached the S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext. 

888_v100001 is not supported, for some, the v100201 works; not in your case.  The pathmap is not close. As well, Shuttles have difficulty with OS X audio.  Assuming you substituted the 888_v100202.zip for 887.zip, you installed the alternate Platfoms.xml. If you find a working vintage 888 AppleHDA.kext, it can likely be updated for Mavericks.

Thanks a lot for replying.  I was afraid that my sound chipset was too old and unsupported.  VoodooHDA likes it, but it makes a lot of static and doesn't work too well.

I remember in Snow Leopard I had a (x64) AppleHDA kext that worked for me.  Maybe I can still find it in my archives.

Do you think it's possible to get my sound working *without* patching AppleHDA?  I haven't used HDAEnabler in such a long time, that I'm not really sure of the procedure.

Hi everyone, i patched AppleHDA 2.5.2, from Mavericks GM for Realtek ALC898 on a GA Z77X UP5 TH - Rev.01, following Toleda`s guide and patches.

Internal speakers out are working. All kexts related to AppleHDA are loaded... i didn't test others outputs and inputs, but seems to be ok.

I use Layout ID 1 via DSDT.

Thanks Toleda for share you knowledge.

I have not experienced those problems, though others have a similar issue with Chrome/Flash.  Suggest you change config.plist/Audio/Inject/2. See Post #1, Realtek ALC Speakers for Audio ID: 2 and try using Blue motherboard connector/System Preferences/Sound/Output/(1st) Line Out and listen for any difference.

The script ran correctly.  Attached the S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext. 

well booted a windows drive there and everything is fine in Windows so certainly a problem with my system and OSX...

The only variable i can think is Clover... what in there could effect it???

what you suggested there made very little difference and still experiencing problems...

well booted a windows drive there and everything is fine in Windows so certainly a problem with my system and OSX...

The only variable i can think is Clover... what in there could effect it???

what you suggested there made very little difference and still experiencing problems...

No. Attach an IOReg and Console/sound from the configuration above.  Also attach the patch AppleHDA.kext as requested previously.

Blue is coming out as the second of the line outs... 

Looks correct.  No ideas.

Sound is not working, mic worked for like 2 seconds from preferences

IOReg is correct.  How are you verifying sound?  Did sound work before Mavericks?  If so, with what?

Hello Toleda, 

WIth 10.8.5 I was using your HDAenabler1 with the patched AppleHDA.

Everything was working on. Now, on 10.9, when I use the HDAEnabler1 the MIC isnt working (everything else works ok, even if I dont have the right cable setup)

pier

Hello Toleda, 

WIth 10.8.5 I was using your HDAenabler1 with the patched AppleHDA.

Everything was working on. Now, on 10.9, when I use the HDAEnabler1 the MIC isnt working (everything else works ok, even if I dont have the right cable setup)

I verified your IOReg for mic is correct.  Verified all inputs working on my 10.9 892 AppleHDA system.

Hi toleda -

Audio is fine for me in iTunes, VLC, etc. But it will become scratchy after a few minutes if I watch Flash-based videos.

There's no "popping" but the audio becomes "scratchy" and to fix it I have to stop the video (either on YouTube or Cruncyroll, etc.) and play a song from iTunes, then continue the Flash video. But then a few minutes later it'll happen again.

1/ 10.9 / Gigabyte X79-UD5 / F12 / Intel Core i7 3970X / GTX 680

2/ Followed procedure in this thread for 10.9 patching

3/ Included in attached zip are: patched AppleHDA.kext, DSDT.aml, IOReg, Screenshot of Intel High Definition

4/ I do not have any audio assertion messages in the console

Thanks / gx

Edit: Seems there's a similar issue here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/111856-audio-fine-10-8-3-but-slowly-begins-static-distort-10-8-5-a.html

I work around the problem by switching audio sampling rate to 96kHz.

Archive.zip

This worked great for me.

I am using HDAEnabler1.kext as well as an ALC888 (legacy) patched AppleHDA. Works great.

I might try switching out HDAEnabler1 with the HDAEnabler module for Chameleon, but my kexts aren't loading from Extra/Extensions so I'm not sure modules are loading either. I'll report back if I ever try the HDA module.

I verified your IOReg for mic is correct. Verified all inputs working on my 10.9 892 AppleHDA system.

I am using the extra folder. I removed the applehda from SLE and now everything works :)

Thanks

i have the static noise as well, can you please share the steps you took to solve this

I just patched my DSDT, and patched AppleHDA as per Toleda's instructions on this page... no magic from my side .. the wizard is MrToleda :D

I cannot get this to work for the life of me. I have an older x58 + ICH10 motherboard with ALC888. Patched my DSDT and used the kext. In the sound control panel, I see my outputs. The first output is "Internal Speaker" and if I plug my headphones in it changes to "Headphones." However, I get no sound! I tried tons of different things, but I'm sure I'm missing something silly. 

VoodooHDA works kind of, but it's sound quality is terrible, and I prefer using the built in driver.

I appreciate any help!

I cannot get this to work for the life of me. I have an older x58 + ICH10 motherboard with ALC888. Patched my DSDT and used the kext. In the sound control panel, I see my outputs. The first output is "Internal Speaker" and if I plug my headphones in it changes to "Headphones." However, I get no sound! I tried tons of different things, but I'm sure I'm missing something silly. 

I have no idea from the info provided in your post.  See Post #1, Problem Reporting.

toleda, i'd appreciate your help, please find attached requested data

Problem incidence

Static noise after a while, volume slowly goes lower

OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics

Mavericks / Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H / F14 / i5-3570k / nvidia gtx 660ti

Procedure/Guide Used/AppleHDA.kext version

Using uefi bios based ozmosis, contains hdaenabler

Patched S/L/E/AppleHDA,kext

attached

Extra/dsdt.aml (if installed)

none installed

Copy of IOReg - IOReg/File/Save a Copy As…, verify file (not ioreg.txt), see Tools 3.

wont let me attach it // edit ..attached as zip

Console/All Messages/kernel Sound assertions selected/Save Selection As…..

10/28/13 6:22:20.000 PM kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 352
10/28/13 6:22:22.000 PM kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAEngine at line 581

Screenshot of System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio (not Devices)

attached

AppleHDA.zip

post-924361-0-57926500-1383007018_thumb.png

mac.ioreg.zip

I got everything working using the Legacy_ALCxxx.zip from this post! :-D

i tried your suggestion HackBook Pro .. but still no dice ... I tried original AppleHDA.kext alongside ALC889HDA.kext and patched AppleHDA.kext with ALC889HDA.kext

i'm still having crackle noise ... i also changed audio midi setup from 44.1khz to 96khz

will appreciate any other suggestion

i tried your suggestion HackBook Pro .. but still no dice ... I tried original AppleHDA.kext alongside ALC889HDA.kext and patched AppleHDA.kext with ALC889HDA.kext

i'm still having crackle noise ... i also changed audio midi setup from 44.1khz to 96khz

will appreciate any other suggestion

I started off trying the instructions from this post, so I added an HDEF to my DSDT.  Maybe you need to do that?

I used to use VoodooHDA for my sound, that might work for you.

I don't really know much about this, I just found something that worked, then stopped touching it :)