Mavericks AppleHDA HDMI Audio

toleda

340 posts in this topic

I just tried it with logging, and it seems the SSDT is loaded. But its still not booting.

The problem is graphics, no framebuffer.  Suggest, apply the HDMI audio dsdt edits and install the edited dsdt in EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched.  Remove the ssdt.

The problem is graphics, no framebuffer.  Suggest, apply the HDMI audio dsdt edits and install the edited dsdt in EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched.  Remove the ssdt.

:-( Is there no way for me to use Injected Intel Graphics inClover with the SSDT for HDMI Audio? I will need to patch the DSDT every time I update bios, right?

Also, could you suggest any forum/posts for getting started with DSDT patching? I never used DSDTs before.

Anyway, thank you very much for your help. Especially for creating all those wonderful patches !

Is there no way for me to use Injected Intel Graphics inClover with the SSDT for HDMI Audio?

At this time Clover does not inject HDAU@3. For HDMI audio dsdt edits, see 1. 8 Series HDMI Audio, Post #1.  References available in repos/READMEs.

• Like 1

If you are using someone else's AppleHDA.kext, edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to whatever or install the native AppleHDA.kext and see Mavericks Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio - OSx86 10.9 (Mavericks) - InsanelyMac Forum

The HDMI audio edits use a desktop framebuffer.  What framebuffer gives you LVDS?  Edited dsdt/IGPU/AAPL,ig-platform-id with the working laptop framebuffer.  

Download, install and run http://sourceforge.net/projects/dpcimanager/. Reply with a DPCIManager/Status screenshot.

With working 892 audio and working framebuffer, attach dsdt and new IOReg.

Hi Toleda, the Applehda that i provided works with every single audio port i have (all thanks to Mirone for his efforts), i already tried with the Guide that you linked to  and it didn't work (i can see the audio controls but no audio out from speakers, and no working mic).  The appleHDA i am using now (attached without HDMI patches)  works with a Layout-id=4 (DSDT Injection) for my ALC892 (on MSI gt70-2OD laptop).  This screenshot shows the system information before using the HDMI patch.

post-946790-0-93089500-1386632883_thumb.png

post-946790-0-30741500-1386633185_thumb.png

The id-platform-id used for my internal graphics (Intel HD4600) is 0x0a260005 (with Clover Bootloader) or IntelAzulFB=11 with Chameleon (also attached the Ioreg (with externel screen plugged on HDMI) and DSDT (without HDMI patches) with working internal display).

Please let me know if you need anything else and thank you for your help.

Archive.zip

The id-platform-id used for my internal graphics (Intel HD4600) is 0x0a260005 (with Clover Bootloader) or IntelAzulFB=11 with Chameleon (also attached the Ioreg (with externel screen plugged on HDMI) and DSDT (without HDMI patches) with working internal display).

I have no knowledge of HDMI audio and the AppleHDA you are using.  When you patch the dsdt, delete the HDEF edits and edit the framebuffer to 0x0a260005.  Your Nvidia HDMI audio codec is missing.  The HDMI display shows on the 780M.  Reply with the HDMI audio edited dsdt and an IOReg.

I have no knowledge of HDMI audio and the AppleHDA you are using.  When you patch the dsdt, delete the HDEF edits and edit the framebuffer to 0x0a260005.  Your Nvidia HDMI audio codec is missing.  The HDMI display shows on the 780M.  Reply with the HDMI audio edited dsdt and an IOReg.

Do you mean that i need to remove the HDEF section first from my DSDT then apply the HDMI dsdt patch? 

As for the HDMI display showing on the 780m GTX, that's because my HDMI port is controlled only by the discrete card (780m), not by the Intel HD4600.

I will test this afternoon one home and send you back the results.

Ok, applied the patch on AppheHDA and on the DSDT (removed the HDEF edits from the patch file and replaced the ig-platform-id with my working one).  Attached Ioreg (with HDMI TV plugged), patched DSDT, patched AppleHDA and the patch file i used for DSDT.

post-946790-0-03214000-1386704967_thumb.png

Edit: just noticed on the DPCIManager that the graphic card shown is GTX 680!

Archive.zip

Patch.txt

Ok, applied the patch on AppheHDA and on the DSDT (removed the HDEF edits from the patch file and replaced the ig-platform-id with my working one).  Attached Ioreg (with HDMI TV plugged), patched DSDT, patched AppleHDA and the patch file i used for DSDT.

Remove S/L/E/HDAEnabler. Remove dsdt/HDEF/hda-gfx including the comma after the closing bracket on the line above.

Buffer (Zero) {}
Remove >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>, 
                        "hda-gfx", 
                        Buffer (0x0A)
                        {
                            "onboard-1"
                        }

Reply with edited dsdt and new IOReg.

Remove S/L/E/HDAEnabler. Remove dsdt/HDEF/hda-gfx including the comma after the closing bracket on the line above.

Buffer (Zero) {}
Remove >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>, 
                        "hda-gfx", 
                        Buffer (0x0A)
                        {
                            "onboard-1"
                        }

Reply with edited dsdt and new IOReg.

Still no HDMI Audio, attached the new DSDT and Ioreg. By the way i am not using any other injection except the DSDT, no HDAEnabler or Clover Injection (i put injection on NO, using Detect gives the same results).

Archive.zip

Still no HDMI Audio, attached the new DSDT and Ioreg. By the way i am not using any other injection except the DSDT, no HDAEnabler or Clover Injection (i put injection on NO, using Detect gives the same results).

IOReg/NVDA,Display-A@0/av-signal-type is wrong and audio-codec-info is missing.  A test:

1. edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id/0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

2. install native AppleHDA.kext

3. rebuild cache

4. restart

Reply with S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext, edited dsdt and new IOReg.

Attached the new files, thank you for your patience Toleda.

No change, reinstall onboard.  What HDMI device is attached?  What does System Information/Graphics show for the 780?

The HDMI audio works, but when using the system loud static plays and freezes my system. What could be cause the problem?

I never heard of HDMI audio freezing a system; how did you determine the cause?  I know what is in the dsdt if HDMI audio is working. An IOReg is useful, your system specs are helpful and the source and app you see the problem with are very important. Based on the info provided, static on digital audio, electrically and practically, not possible.

The weird thing about my laptop is that:

-The speakers on OSX won't work (still i have audio control) except if i boot in windows first.

-HDMI audio is not detected until i boot in windows first before booting into OSX.

I had a previous unlocked Bios where i found that Azalia audio was set on auto, so i guess it needs to detect an official OS (windows or Linux) before it can activate. 

The plugged TV is an HD TV but i set the resolution to 720p for bigger text on TV (as shown in my screenshot), it is plugged to a Home Theatre first then goes to TV, i will try to plug it to TV directly.

Edit: no change with a direct connection unfortunately. 

Can it be a problem from the patch command on the AppleHDA.kext (which can be specific to desktop harware) ?

Can it be a problem from the patch command on the AppleHDA.kext (which can be specific to desktop harware) ?

No, if it didn't work with the native AppleHDA, it is not going to work.  As you imply, OS X has issues on your laptop.

No, if it didn't work with the native AppleHDA, it is not going to work.  As you imply, OS X has issues on your laptop.

Alright, i will get back to that once i unlock my Bios and check again the hidden audio settings there, i will survive without HDMI audio.  Really appreciate your patience Toleda, thank you very much.

• 1 month later...
Hello toleda 

Sequel to this topic # 147 I read a profile. Unfortunately with 

Questions through 

I have tried to plug the DP 10.9.2 The result was a black screen on restart. 

What's curious is why the DP is not. 

Try with DP 10.8.5 and it works fine. 

Want you to help guide

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Toleda,

in your first post in the requirements you say that the supported Nvidia cards are:

"""""Nvidia 4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx

1. GTS450, GTX550ti, GTX 560ti not supported natively""""""""

This mean that your guide does'nt works for my GT220 or it could?

In first case could it works with voodoo audio?

Thank you.

This mean that your guide does'nt works for my GT220 or it could?

In first case could it works with voodoo audio?

The GT 240 does make HDMI audio in OS X, no success with the GT210 and a few users have success with the GT220.  Try it.  

Voodoo is alway an option, however, I have no knowledge or experience with Voodoo.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to try and enable hdmi sound on my Acer V5-171

It has an Acer Mimic type2 motherboard with an Acer bios

I am using "normal" bios not UEFI

An HM77 South bridge

The processor is an i3 Ivybridge with HD4000 graphics

At present alc269 sound is working with a patched hda and hdaenabler.

Is there any chance this method will work for me and if so which would be the best patch?

Mike

Is there any chance this method will work for me and if so which would be the best patch?

Try post #1, 3. HD4000/7 Series MB HDMI Audio (dsdt) - Desktop/Laptop. Edit ig-platform-id in the patch to the framebuffer currently working on your laptop,

• Like 1