White screen wake from sleep @ MSI Z77MA-G45

AT0MAC

13 posts in this topic

I have a perfectly fine hackintosh installation running smoothly on my MSI Z77MA-G45 motherboard.

One last thing I can't seem to get to work is a sleep issue were the machine enters sleep just fine, but cant come back out of it.

Some times I reach the login window, other times I'm just greeted by a black screen with a stuck mouse pointer, sometimes a blank white screen with the gears circle and an automatic reboot and the most common one is a blank white screen with nothing going on until I hit the hard restart button on my chassis.

I have tried Darkwake boot flag, no difference.

I have tried CPU PLL over voltage disable, no difference.

I have tried compiling a DSDT and am now using that during boot (actually gave me about 3 seconds quicker boot)

I have tried without my bluetooth dongle plugged in (not very nice, as my magic touchpad then does not work)

I have tried without my Authentech fingerprint reader (you know, the guys behind TouchID used to make these for real macs)

I have tried so many things I have forgot half of them, and am still stuck with the same problem.

I see its even an issue for some genuine macs too... What is the solution?? What is the next step to try??

if you have any Enabler, like HDAEnabler or Module in chameleon delet it, and try again, post a full report with Darwin Dumper and your Extra folder

EDIT: look for usb3.0 kexts , can be this the problem

if you have any Enabler, like HDAEnabler or Module in chameleon delet it, and try again, post a full report with Darwin Dumper and your Extra folder

EDIT: look for usb3.0 kexts , can be this the problem

I don't have any enablers in chameleon. I have attached my extra folder so you can see.

What do you mean about usb3.0kexts? Should I delete those, replace them, install them or something different? My mb have USB3.0 but nothing is connected to them atm.

Link to my Darwin Dump

Link to zip of my Extra folder

Hope you can find the solution for me, I really appreciate your help

ok now I see this, your cpu if is this one  http://ark.intel.com/products/65692

have HD4000 integrate Graphics and this can be the problem, if you don´t use it, delete from S/L/E all graphics kexts  AppleintelHD , repair permissions with kext wizard app /reboot, look if this work, if no  go,  reboot and open  your bios and put off the integrate HD4000

change the smbios to iMAC 12,2

post-333439-0-67426600-1382623244_thumb.png

ok now I see this, your cpu if is this one  http://ark.intel.com/products/65692

have HD4000 integrate Graphics and this can be the problem, if you don´t use it, delete from S/L/E all graphics kexts  AppleintelHD , repair permissions with kext wizard app /reboot, look if this work, if no  go,  reboot and open  your bios and put off the integrate HD4000

change the smbios to iMAC 12,2

attachicon.gifCaptura de pantalla 2013-10-24 a la(s) 15.56.24.png

Ok we are closing in on something now… Did all the things you suggested. Now it wakes up and I see the screen! …but it freezes and I can't move my mouse.

Some kind of USB issue?

Btw yes you are right its that cpu I'm using at the moment, and I'm not using the intel graphics, i have a GTX660.

Well… Found kind of a solution my self now… It works now because I downgraded my BIOS to the modded 1.40 version that can be found at biosrepo. It works if I disable login after sleep, because apparently there is a delay on about 10 seconds before my USB devices wake up, but they only wake after the full Finder is awake (and that does not seem to happen if I have to login).

Why I say its not a fully working solution is because that yes sleep is working (minus the 10 second delay) but my boot times just went from 12 seconds cold boot to 45 seconds! And here we are talking two Intel SSDs in RAID0 capable of reading 880MBps so something is clearly in their way… 

Anyone can help me patch the latest 1.90 BIOS for this board so it can work with sleep??

(in the original posting I used a patched bios I have patched my self, but something clearly went wrong as it never came out of sleep without that white screen issue)

Please help me :)