Apple Logo Stuck and "missing bluetooth controller transport"

tonydith

27 posts in this topic

You can successfully boot -x on the USB installer but not on the new installation on the hard drive?

When you boot -v on the new installation on the hard drive, it hangs at the bluetooth message, but that isn't what is hanging your boot.  It is the HD4600 graphics.

If you can't boot -x on the hard drive, then you will need to remove the AppleIntelHD* and AppleIntelF* kexts from the installation on the hard drive as suggested by Rampage Dev.  You can do this from single user mode (-s).

Boot -s.  When you see the prompt "root:", then:

Type:  mount -uw /
Type:  cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type:  mkdir intel_back
Type:  mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/
Type:  touch ../Extensions

Reboot -v

This works for me and I'm able to boot to the desktop once, but as soon as I turn it off or try to reboot, it's broken again, and I have to go through the process once more (copying back the kexts and moving them again with these command lines).

From the -v stuff I see on the screen when turning the computer off, it seems the system is doing a bunch of updates and things that break this. Any idea how to prevent it?

I'm on 10.9.2

• 5 months later...

You can successfully boot -x on the USB installer but not on the new installation on the hard drive?

When you boot -v on the new installation on the hard drive, it hangs at the bluetooth message, but that isn't what is hanging your boot.  It is the HD4600 graphics.

If you can't boot -x on the hard drive, then you will need to remove the AppleIntelHD* and AppleIntelF* kexts from the installation on the hard drive as suggested by Rampage Dev.  You can do this from single user mode (-s).

Boot -s.  When you see the prompt "root:", then:

Type:  mount -uw /
Type:  cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type:  mkdir intel_back
Type:  mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/
Type:  touch ../Extensions

Reboot -v

I love you : D