Apple Logo Stuck and "missing bluetooth controller transport"

tonydith

27 posts in this topic

Hey guys I'm having problems to installing the OSX. When I boot up my usb normally with out any boot flags I would get a Apple Logo with grey spinning wheel. Then after waiting awhile I would than get a logo on the top left corner of a rainbow cursor spinning and after awhile it would freeze.

I have tried every install USB including my hack,[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], and other developers I couldn't get as far as the Step-To-Step guide installing Vanilla OS. Right now atm I am using the Vanilla OS guide.

My system preference is from the Tonymac86 builds so it should work

CPU- i5 4430

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP

Graphics: none so they are onboard intel HD4600 graphics.

I have tried so many things already for a months and its really frustrating!!!!!!!

Things I have already tried:

-v

-f

GraphicsEnabler=No

Disabled VD-t and XCHI

What does work is entering -x (which is safe mode, I believe) to install but then it would fail at the end or the time would speed up so fast.

When I would enter -v it would lag or stop at "missing bluetooth controller transport"

Is there anything I can do to make it work or install? There has to be a way, I'm so tired working on it for a month already after building and following the guide.

Thanks!

Since you can boot to the installer using safe mode (-x), you shouldn't need to deal with the graphics drivers for now.  What you do need to deal with is the installer problems.

You say sometimes, it finishes fast.  I take that to mean that it takes like 15 minutes for the blue bar to go half way across and then maybe a minute or two for the bar to finish.  I don't think that is a problem.  Your installation should be find.  Reboot using the USB drive to select your new installation and boot using -x.  Once you get to the Desktop, go to the Downloads section of this board and get the latest version of the Chameleon bootloader and install it.  You should then be able to boot with -v.

Sometimes, the installer finishes with an error.  In that case, in the installer, go to the Window menu and find Installer Log.  Review the end of the log and find what is causing the failed installation.  Usually it is a failed creation of the kextcache because of a problem with one of the kexts.  If that is the case, you can probably boot using the USB drive to select your new installation using the boot flag -x.  Once you are booted, you can deal with the problem kext and install the latest Chameleon.

It doesnt go to my desktop after I have installed it. It only goes to installing it when i boot it to USB entering -x. I tried to find a way to open chameleon in the USB but unable to or dont know how. When I would select my drive i installed it on it is stuck on Apple logo with spinning grey wheel, its still the same occuring issue.

Edited by Gringo Vermelho
Fullquote deleted. Please don't quote entire posts when replying directly below them, thank you.

When you start booting with the USB, there is a period of a couple of seconds that the first line on the screen will say Chameleon or there will be a picture of a chameleon at the top of the screen.  When you see this, press any key to stop the boot process.  When it has stopped, just type "-x" and then use the arrow keys to select your new installation and then press <Enter>

I'm sorry I was confused from what you said at first but I already have chameleon v2.2svn r2266 installed on the usb. When I tried -v it still shows up as missing bluetooth transport. 

I tried -x on the new installed HDD but still stuck

You can successfully boot -x on the USB installer but not on the new installation on the hard drive?

When you boot -v on the new installation on the hard drive, it hangs at the bluetooth message, but that isn't what is hanging your boot.  It is the HD4600 graphics.

If you can't boot -x on the hard drive, then you will need to remove the AppleIntelHD* and AppleIntelF* kexts from the installation on the hard drive as suggested by Rampage Dev.  You can do this from single user mode (-s).

Boot -s.  When you see the prompt "root:", then:

Type:  mount -uw /
Type:  cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type:  mkdir intel_back
Type:  mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/
Type:  touch ../Extensions

Reboot -v

• Like 2

I couldn't boot on the hard drive with -x and I tried out your solution and it still shows up missing bluetooth controller transport.

i did it again to check if i did it correctly and im pretty sure i did when it said hfs: removed 3 orphaned / unlinked files and 5 directories

Are you sure you booted -s into the hard disk installation and not the USB installer?

I researched the bluetooth error and 99% of the solutions turned out to be graphics problems.  One solved it by disabling Vt-d.

I'd say it is worth trying a reinstall now.  If the installer boots with -x, the installation should  boot with -x.  Since it doesn't, there may be some problem there since you mentioned inconsistencies during installation.

Well I actually got it to work, what I did to solve the problem was to start from beginning clean slate and installed everything. The command codes that you told me actually helped me when I had the Bluetooth problem. The only issue I have is just installing the drivers. Thank you so much! Is there a way to donate? I'd love to from all your help and time!

• 7 months later...

Type:  mount -uw /

Type:  cd /System/Library/Extensions

Type:  mkdir intel_back

Type:  mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/

Type:  touch ../Extensions

Thank you thats working for me either.

I am curious , what have those Kext's to do with Bluetooth ?!