DEACTIVATE STUPID AUTO TOPIC RELOAD PLEASE! (deleting content of quick posts) ..

BuXb

8 posts in this topic

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :(

I rarely roar, but this NON-feature f**ed w/ me too many times .. I really do not see ANY sense in this AT ALL to begin with ..

At the VERY least I expect a WARNING, ESPECIALLY when I'm still typing, thus not even inactivity ..

Please for heaven's sake deactivate this UTTERLY stupid feature!!! I am aware when I click onto "More reply options", leaving the quick "Reply to this topic" at a topics end and entering the full reply mode, whatever I write STAYS in the edit window, even when I return after having answered a phone call or similar, BUT DON'T EXPECT USERS TO ALWAYS HAVE THAT IN MIND, esp. not when there's 10 things at the same time going on ..

OM(F)G, this auto-reload is a disgusting bug - PLEASE DEACTIVATE IT ASAP ..

Thanks

Haven't seen this myself, in fact, not sure that is even a "feature". What the topic pages will do is fetch the new replies and insert them into the page - but that doesn't reload anything

Haven't seen this myself, in fact, not sure that is even a "feature". What the topic pages will do is fetch the new replies and insert them into the page - but that doesn't reload anything

it sure does .. at least in latest Firefox 24 for Windows ..

Try yourself: type something into the text field "Reply to this topic" below ..

Do something else for xx minutes (I have not measured the time after the posts auto-reload. It is NOT an inactivity timeout because the reload occurs EVEN WHILE ONE IS WRITING HERE !!)

return to this topic

what you have written will be GONE !!

Anyway, thanks for looking into this - AND LETS SOLVE IT!

Typing something.... That was 10 minutes and nothing. Only thing I can think of is the autosave clearing the box which will occur periodically. If it is you'll see the box cleared when the autosave time in the lower lefthand corner of the editor is updaed

Unless this issue is fixed in 3.4.6 (we're in 3.4.5) which is coming out soon (assuming we update), I don't have any knowledge of the editor to fix it

auto-save is meant to SAVE the content of text boxes not ERASE them. Please note that the auto-save feature is NOT active in the quick reply text editor in the bottom - it is only active in the FULL editor ("View Auto Saved Content ..").

iPoco, it would be really great if you fwd this to the IP.board devs. I don't have a direct communication channel w/ them.

Thank you,

Bugs

It's active in the quick reply editor too

Capture.PNG

I'll see if I can get some steps to reproduce and then let them know. Unfortunately I think it will get closed with no action if I don't provide enough instructions for them to reproduce