AMD - ASRock Extreme 4970 AMD FX-8350 CPU - Help with a strange problem

LightInDark

3 posts in this topic

Okay so first I'll start with I have installed OSX on my computer in the past. It did work fine, but when now trying to do the exact same method, it fails for some reason.

My motherboard and CPU both work when using the right kernels and other people have had very successful installs with them. The ASRock Extreme4 970 motherboard and the AMD FX-8350 CPU.

However my installation hangs after loading some USB kexts and then the disc drive just powers off and I can't use it any more. But this worked perfectly in the past and I'm doing it exactly the same way.

I use ModCD and I use the rd(0,0)/Extra/modbin_kernel -force64 -v to boot as it worked fine in the past, use my SL retail disc and it took me to the normal OSX install screen in the past. However now I have no such luck.

Any suggestions? Or anyone with that hardware who has had luck care to suggest what you did?

• 4 weeks later...

for this board, you need try Mountain Lion or Mavericks, in the section Download kernel patched to AMD, the Snow kernel is very old to your machine, take a look here all AMD, Guides, Builds, support etc...

Edit: Take a look in this topic too: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293779-amd-asrock-970-phenom-iix6-1075t-gf440gt-unsupported/

AMD Development