Unable to boot iATKOS ML2 .dmg

moargolems

4 posts in this topic

I burned the iATKOS ML2 .dmg to a dual-layer DVD. TransMac reads it perfectly, but BIOS doesn't even recognize it as a boot disk. If I disable HDD boot, I get "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER".

Is this just a sign of a faulty .dmg file or an unsuccessful burn? The BIOS settings were right AFAIK.

Did you burn the DMG file to DVD or did you burn the CONTENTS of the DMG file to DVD?

For instance, when you burn an iso, you do not physically burn the iso file to DVD, you burn the contents of the iso file.  The same holds true for the DMG file.

Sounds like you did this in Windows.  Unless you took special steps to burn this Mac-only file, you might find that you burned the file and not the contents.

To burn a DMG in Windows, you can use TransMac -> Tools -> Burn CD/DVD.  Or you can use certain Windows burning tools like PowerISO.  Or you can find a utility like dmg2iso which converts the DMG so regular Windows burning software will handle it.

Did you burn the DMG file to DVD or did you burn the CONTENTS of the DMG file to DVD?

For instance, when you burn an iso, you do not physically burn the iso file to DVD, you burn the contents of the iso file.  The same holds true for the DMG file.

Sounds like you did this in Windows.  Unless you took special steps to burn this Mac-only file, you might find that you burned the file and not the contents.

To burn a DMG in Windows, you can use TransMac -> Tools -> Burn CD/DVD.  Or you can use certain Windows burning tools like PowerISO.  Or you can find a utility like dmg2iso which converts the DMG so regular Windows burning software will handle it.

Yes, I burnt 2 DVDs with both PowerISO and TransMac. I do know how to burn an ISO or DMG file.  :lol: No luck still. Does it have something to do with burning speed/verifying?

And how the bootloader should help me when iATKOS ML2 itself should be bootable? I have Chameleon installed, but it doesn't really do anything in favor of booting the DVD.