HP ProBook 5330m - i5 - HD3000 - Dual boot with Mavericks and Win8 EFI

Best Answer pokenguyen, 07 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

Replace OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi by OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI.

About reboot after wake, it's limitation of your system. It does not support UEFI fully, I don't find any workaround yet. If you use Legacy bootloader like Chameleon, it can sleep fine (but you can't boot Windows UEFI).

Do you have Wifi working? What Wifi card does your laptop have?

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

wheeliemonster

wheeliemonster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Unfortunately, that didn't work. Still the installer says it cannot start up from this disk. I tried deleting the gparted-created partition and creating a new one using DIsk Utility.

It deletes the partition OK, but then seems to hang on creating the new partition?

Can't restore from TM as it can't erase the target partition.

Installer log says missing CoreServices. Could it be my smbios?

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

How did you create this Installer USB?

EDIT: Go to windows and use crystal disk info to see your hard drive status. It may be because the harddrive is failed.

wheeliemonster

wheeliemonster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
I had the thought about the installer. I'm currently copying the Mav Install.app from my TM backup so I can mount the Base System DMG and check the packages...

wheeliemonster

wheeliemonster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Got it sorted.

OSX installer was looking for a 200Mb (exactly 200Mb) EFI partition. My Clover partition was only 100Mb so it didn't like it. I created a new 200Mb EFI partition, copied all the Clover/Windows boot files in and now OSX let's me install.

I also made sure that there was 128Mb unallocated space after my OSX partition. Not sure if that was required but better to be safe.

Only problem now is that I have Mavs installed but it won't boot - I get the dreaded "still waiting for root device".

Grrrrr.

wheeliemonster

wheeliemonster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
On the plus side, my Broadcom WLAN card arrived today so hopefully will get internal WiFi on OSX working soon!
(If I can boot that is...! :) )

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Copy some SATA kexts to clover/kexts:

http://www.insanelym...or-root-device/

wheeliemonster

wheeliemonster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
I've tried various kexts - LegacyAhciintelichxx, legacyahcijmicron and so on but still no joy.

You don't by chance have any kexts you could share that might work?

PS. I'm not sure whether the kexts are being used though. I'm having to copy them into the EFI partition using Windows so I don't know if they're "installed" correctly. Can I use any of the kext installers or another method when booting via the OSX installer?

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

I've tried various kexts - LegacyAhciintelichxx, legacyahcijmicron and so on but still no joy.

You don't by chance have any kexts you could share that might work?

PS. I'm not sure whether the kexts are being used though. I'm having to copy them into the EFI partition using Windows so I don't know if they're "installed" correctly. Can I use any of the kext installers or another method when booting via the OSX installer?

You can use Linux to copy.

Or try using myHack Installer usb to boot to your Mavericks first. Boot with -f bootflag.

wheeliemonster

wheeliemonster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Still same. Tried loads of kexts using Clover kext injection but none make any difference. Still not sure they're loading. MyHack won't boot it either. With -x -f or combinations.

Actually stuck now!

Might try a reinstall...

wheeliemonster

wheeliemonster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Yeah - really struggled with Mavericks. It would not boot no matter what I did with it. I tried kexts everywhere but nothing worked.

I tried booting from Chameleon but all I could get was "still waiting for root device"

Have managed to restore from my TM backup so am back to ML (but now with a nicely working Broadcom WLAN card!)

Will try again for Mavericks soon. Maybe I can backup a few kexts from ML, now that I'm back up and running and see if I can get it to boot. Thanks for your help... B)

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Yeah - really struggled with Mavericks. It would not boot no matter what I did with it. I tried kexts everywhere but nothing worked.

I tried booting from Chameleon but all I could get was "still waiting for root device"

Have managed to restore from my TM backup so am back to ML (but now with a nicely working Broadcom WLAN card!)

Will try again for Mavericks soon. Maybe I can backup a few kexts from ML, now that I'm back up and running and see if I can get it to boot. Thanks for your help... B)

It's strange that it only happens when you use Mavericks, not Mountain Lion. Check if you have any AHCI, SATA drivers in S/L/E (you can filter for non-Apple kexts in System Information - Extensions).

wheeliemonster

wheeliemonster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Excuse my ignorance but I can't find a way to filter the list for non-apple kexts?

Anyway - I spotted something - during boot it gives the UUID of the device it's trying to boot from and that appears to be the wrong UUID.

It looks like it's trying to boot from my TM partition.

Is there a way to specify the UUID of the boot volume in the boot loader?

I also checked the info.plist in the bootable Mavericks USB S/L/E/AppleAHCIPort.kext and my device ID for the SATA controller is there, so I don't think it's a kext issue to be honest. I do think it's the bootloader detecting the wrong 'root' volume ID to boot from.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy