HP ProBook 5330m - i5 - HD3000 - Dual boot with Mavericks and Win8 EFI

Best Answer pokenguyen, 07 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

Replace OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi by OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI.

About reboot after wake, it's limitation of your system. It does not support UEFI fully, I don't find any workaround yet. If you use Legacy bootloader like Chameleon, it can sleep fine (but you can't boot Windows UEFI).

Do you have Wifi working? What Wifi card does your laptop have?

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

wheeliemonster

wheeliemonster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

See attached config.plist.

I tried renaming bootmgfw.efi and it was successful. The machine now boots directly to Clover.

Haven't tried sleep since doing that.

Cheers

Attached Files

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

What version of Clover are you using? Seems like an old config.plist

wheeliemonster

wheeliemonster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Actually - I've just noticed that when I rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi, then reboot, Clover starts and boots OSX but it doesn't seem to allow me to interact and the menu seems broken (overwritten text, etc.)

So I can't actually boot Windows once I've renamed bootmgfw.efi because Clover won't let me interact.

Build date of Clover is 2013-10-11 20:25:35 - will download a later one if there is one...

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Actually - I've just noticed that when I rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi, then reboot, Clover starts and boots OSX but it doesn't seem to allow me to interact and the menu seems broken (overwritten text, etc.)

So I can't actually boot Windows once I've renamed bootmgfw.efi because Clover won't let me interact.

Build date of Clover is 2013-10-11 20:25:35 - will download a later one if there is one...

It's because of your config.plist, I will fix that. Btw, are you using Mountain Lion or Mavericks? and what folder do you see in EFI/Clover/themes/? What's the name of your Mac partition?

wheeliemonster

wheeliemonster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

I'm using ML. Name of Mac partition is 'OS X' (without the quotes, but with the space!)

Under themes folder is 'os_one' but I don't really use the themes, I'm quite happy with Clover in text-mode. I can read what I need to read then!

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

I think the Text-mode is not fully supported on low resolution, and cause all entries to overlap. Try this config.plist (with GUI), you can switch back to Text mode later, and choose what you prefer:

Attached Files

wheeliemonster

wheeliemonster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

... I think you forgot to attach the config! (or am I missing something?!)

EDIT: Thanks for posting but it says I don't have permission to view the attachment??

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Again

Attached Files

wheeliemonster

wheeliemonster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Thanks pokenguyen. I now see the 'retro' GUI :)  and have two boot options - OSX and Windows and both boot fine.

Wake up from sleep is still an issue though - would it help if I used the ProBook Installer to configure "sleep-to-disk" instead of "sleep-to-RAM"?

Other than that, it still sometimes doesn't boot OSX (Chameleon or Clover - makes no difference) - it looks like it completes everything up to and including Bluetooth but then fails. I believe this is at the stage where it initiates full-res graphics for the main OSX GUI, but my video card seems to be installed correctly and I get full HW acceleration.

Anyway, I'm guessing this may be as far as I can go for now - if so, then so be it, I'm very happy with how far I've got anyway!!  :thumbsup_anim:

wheeliemonster

wheeliemonster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Having said that - if there are more things I can try, logs I can post, etc. I'm more than willing to give it a go!

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
Can you post your DSDT - original and patched + /Library/Logs/CloverEFI/boot.log? You should use Sleep image fix (which moves to save ram style).

wheeliemonster

wheeliemonster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Sure. Can't remember where my original DSDT is though - do I boot with -x to not use it or can I extract it even though I've booted using a patched one?

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Sure. Can't remember where my original DSDT is though - do I boot with -x to not use it or can I extract it even though I've booted using a patched one?

If you want to extract original DSDT, press F4 in Clover boot screen, all your DSDT, SSDT will be saved to /EFI/ACPI/origin/ folder.

wheeliemonster

wheeliemonster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Here they are!!

Cheers

Attached Files

wheeliemonster

wheeliemonster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Just an FYI - it now sleeps perfectly and wakes up really quickly but only runs for 1-2 seconds before crashing and rebooting...

Thanks again.

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Best Answer

Replace OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi by OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI.

About reboot after wake, it's limitation of your system. It does not support UEFI fully, I don't find any workaround yet. If you use Legacy bootloader like Chameleon, it can sleep fine (but you can't boot Windows UEFI).

Do you have Wifi working? What Wifi card does your laptop have?

wheeliemonster

wheeliemonster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Cool. Thanks. I'll replace the driver.
Laptop has Intel WiFi so I'm using a Ralink based Cisco USB for WiFi and its working fine if a little clunky.

I do appreciate the problems with sleep are down to circumstances rather than configuration, so I'd just like to say thank you once more and hopefully maybe an update to Clover or the HP BIOS will solve my problem one day (although I won't be holding my breath for an HP fix!)

Cheers

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

You can replace the Wifi card to HP Broadcom 43224 (it's the card in your BIOS whitelist) to make Wifi work with OS X.

wheeliemonster

wheeliemonster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Genius! Just had my first successful wake after sleep after replacing the driver in Clover. Thank you.

Have only tested twice so far so I may be jumping the gun but even if it works most of the time this is great...

Bluetooth works, as does my USB wireless after sleep. Magic.

Just looking around for a Broadcom card now. Thanks dude, you have been so helpful. Marking this thread as solved. Hopefully it will be of help to someone else.

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Genius! Just had my first successful wake after sleep after replacing the driver in Clover. Thank you.

Have only tested twice so far so I may be jumping the gun but even if it works most of the time this is great...

Bluetooth works, as does my USB wireless after sleep. Magic.

Just looking around for a Broadcom card now. Thanks dude, you have been so helpful. Marking this thread as solved. Hopefully it will be of help to someone else.I'

I'm afraid that it's only a temporary solution, your laptop will still reset after ~30 minutes after wake, but you can get better luck sometimes.

Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy