his has been my adventure so far:
- I booted without tony's DSDT and installing NullCPUPowerManagement so I don't get a kernel panic for the lack of HPET, I got a "virgin" DSDT with MaciASL.
- Then I removed NullCPUPowerManagement, rebuild the kext cache and the permissions and boot with tony's DSDT, surprise surprise! sound doesn't work any more (to got it working originally I only used the patched AppleHDA from tony's tools).
- Using the default MaciASL "source" (the one called sourceforge) I applied the patch: "Remove WMI" to my "virgin" DSDT.
- From oralila I downloaded the following patches and applied them to my "virgin" DSDT:
- Desktop -> DTGP, LPC NEHALEM
- Misc -> AHCI SATA orange icon, Mac devices, New HPET, WAK
- I restarted with the new DSDT, I don't get the kernel panic for the HPET and that's cool. Then with IORegistryExplorer I got the "IOName" of my LPC device (which is called PX40 in the DSDT): "pci8086,3a16" and edited my AppleLPC.kext adding a new entry in "IONameMatch". After a restart my system now loads AppleLPC.
The decompiled DSDT obtained from this is attached to this post (is called working.txt).
Right now with this new DSDT the computer DOESN'T goes to sleep, doesn't shutdown and I don't have sound.
As a side note, tony has a repo for MaciASL and in it a patch named "Award Gigabyte 1366 Fixes MacMan", so I gave it a shot with my virgin DSDT. Haven't tried sound but shutdown and sleep works but when I wake up my machine it restarts instead.