10.8ML Is Working On Lenovo IdeaCentre K300

PaulyD716

3 posts in this topic

Hello Im new here and need some help , ive gotten os x 10.8 to run on my lenovo ideacentre k300

but i have some kext issues and dont really kno how to really fix things , i had voodoo hda 2.7.2 to work with the niresh 10.8 distro but it didnt let me install anything after customizing the install everything worked besides installing things upon first boot after i created my account , and i needed internet and it wouldnt install so i had to do a reinstall of niresh distro, well i reinstalled forgot to tick voodoo hda common drivers option upon install and i installed it myself with kextwizard but i think applllehda is conflicting and needs to be patched or something  well i rebooted after fixing permissions and rebuilding cache it gave me kernel panic im thinking its because i didnt use the verbose flag but before the the reinstall i didnt have to it booted right in. I had read that verbose mode fixes common kernel panic problems on boot well i would like to know how i can get sound and graphics resolution to work right , now i just have the resolution tweak on and cant see my apple sign and file options or logout or anything up on top if you guys need all my specs i can edit or reply with them im not totally noob im just a little bit stuck and i do have system info app , thank you please dont be hard on me as im new and you guys know how frustrating this can be getting os x on common hardware , 

thanks for responses in advance!! :)

my soundcard is ALC662

man... kinda hard to read but...

first of it´s a very good idea if you think of switch your distro for a retail install. as you notice, they most of the time get you in trouble.

if you want to enable just the basic, without any advanced stuff, still is easier going retail. 

see, sound you can take a quick read in some of the topic about voodoohda if you have any problems, the vga i don´t know what is but usually they work with GraphicsEnabler from chameleon or injector from clover, ethernet and wireless also usually easy, just search for the chipset and if they work you find the right kext in one google search. keyboard and mouse don´t need anything to work, if you have a laptop, voodoops2 must solve your problem.

my advice is take a read on some of the topics about installation and how activate your hardware, here they even separate the components by sub-foruns, it´s very intuitive.

• Like 1

man... kinda hard to read but...

first of it´s a very good idea if you think of switch your distro for a retail install. as you notice, they most of the time get you in trouble.

if you want to enable just the basic, without any advanced stuff, still is easier going retail. 

see, sound you can take a quick read in some of the topic about voodoohda if you have any problems, the vga i don´t know what is but usually they work with GraphicsEnabler from chameleon or injector from clover, ethernet and wireless also usually easy, just search for the chipset and if they work you find the right kext in one google search. keyboard and mouse don´t need anything to work, if you have a laptop, voodoops2 must solve your problem.

my advice is take a read on some of the topics about installation and how activate your hardware, here they even separate the components by sub-foruns, it´s very intuitive.

Alright I will read up and right now im temporarily using my mothers desktop with ml 10.8 until i get my macbook in the couple coming weeks ive managed to get quartz extreme/core image and the graphics card isnt supported im an expert windows user but osx is like mind blowing i was suprised the the qe/ci worked , thanks

I also posted this topic and then 5 minutes later crashed hah i was tired sorry for the gibberish up there.