[Guide] Mavericks 10.9.X - Dell Optiplex 780 (760)

dell mavericks 780 optiplex tutorial osx hd5450 trackpad pdf Simon

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

ernani

ernani

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

My first guess would be that your DSDT must`ve gotten corrupt somehow...use this one and see if it fixes it, don`t forget to repair permission and clean cache, if you`re using myHack; run myFix and choose "full".

Thanks!

I used your DSDT but the problem persists. Before upgrading to 10.9.2 I cloned my installation of 10.9.1 on a second HD. I'll try to copy over the Exrtas directory from my Backup to my working drive, after installing Chameleon once more (although I don't believe this will solve anything).

I also searched a little bit into this forum and found posts dated back to 2009 and 2010, which suggest editing the DSDT file to specify the exact device IDs of the USB hub, but I'm rather hesitant in doing so, because I've never decompiled / edited a DSDT before. Perhaps it is about time...  :rofl:

talsid

talsid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Yes it will work. But you can also use the mach_kernel from the InstallESD from 10.9.2

the kernel you provided did not work(stuck at mount hfs+) however i was able to install it by extracting mach_kernel from /Packages/Basesystembinaries.pkg using pacifier.

One more thing though,

I hade to make Extensions folder in /Extra folder of my USB and also paste the three kexts(EloittforceRTC, FAkesmc, Nullcpupowermangement) in the extensions folder to prevent bios reset when booting first time. 

pepto

pepto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

the kernel you provided did not work(stuck at mount hfs+) however i was able to install it by extracting mach_kernel from /Packages/Basesystembinaries.pkg using pacifier.
One more thing though,
I hade to make Extensions folder in /Extra folder of my USB and also paste the three kexts(EloittforceRTC, FAkesmc, Nullcpupowermangement) in the extensions folder to prevent bios reset when booting first time.

Sorry for that talsid, i am will make a clean install again on my Dell 780, but i will make use of myhack now to make it easier to install. So be patience. And yes you need the 3 kext files to prevent bios reset.

ik_ben_Mark

ik_ben_Mark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

I have an Optiplex 760 and tried to install Mavericks following this guide. I used Mavericks downloaden through the AppStore en followed every step mentioned at the start post. But when I boot my USB stick, it will stop every time at this line:

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory

212sf1g_th.jpg (click for larger image)

Is this videocard related? I am using my onboard vid card (my system does have some kind of PCI extension for DVI, I don't think it's a GPU, but just some sort adapter for DVI). The system is atm connected to a old 15" vga tft monitor through vga-vga cable.

I found some different suggestions on the internet according to this problem:

Power: switch from S3 to S1. I did, but nothing changed

Disable VT-d: my Bios doesnt has this option

Bios: choose onboard vga/card option instead of automatic. This also made no difference

Bios has ACHI enabled

boot flags I tried, but all gave the same line:

-v
-v -f
-v -x
-v -f -x
-v -f GrahpicsEnabler=yes
-v -x GraphicsEnabler=yes
-v -f GrahpicsEnabler=yes npci=0x2000
-v -x GrahpicsEnabler=yes npci=0x2000

justinmartin

justinmartin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks for the great walkthrough! I have an HD5450 that was working fully under 10.9.1. However, if I make any changes to AMD5000Controller.kext and reinstall using the Kext Utility on 10.9.2 my resolution drops to 800 x 600 and the responsiveness is very slow.  I can reinstall the 10.9.2 update and get the full resolution back, and some performance gains, but I am not getting full QE/CI.  

Here are the log files that appear after editing and reinstalling the kexts according the directions provided. 

Mar 14 18:57:59 jmacpro.local com.apple.kextd[19] <Error>: Can't load /System/Library/Extensions/ATI5000Controller.kext - failed to resolve dependencies.

Mar 14 18:57:59 jmacpro.local com.apple.kextd[19] <Error>: Load com.apple.kext.AMD5000Controller failed; removing personalities from kernel.
Mar 14 18:58:09 jmacpro.local com.apple.kextd[19] <Error>: WARNING - Invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX3000.kext"

pepto

pepto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

I have an Optiplex 760 and tried to install Mavericks following this guide. I used Mavericks downloaden through the AppStore en followed every step mentioned at the start post. But when I boot my USB stick, it will stop every time at this line:

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory

212sf1g_th.jpg (click for larger image)

Is this videocard related? I am using my onboard vid card (my system does have some kind of PCI extension for DVI, I don't think it's a GPU, but just some sort adapter for DVI). The system is atm connected to a old 15" vga tft monitor through vga-vga cable.

I found some different suggestions on the internet according to this problem:

Power: switch from S3 to S1. I did, but nothing changed

Disable VT-d: my Bios doesnt has this option

Bios: choose onboard vga/card option instead of automatic. This also made no difference

Bios has ACHI enabled

boot flags I tried, but all gave the same line:

-v
-v -f
-v -x
-v -f -x
-v -f GrahpicsEnabler=yes
-v -x GraphicsEnabler=yes
-v -f GrahpicsEnabler=yes npci=0x2000
-v -x GrahpicsEnabler=yes npci=0x2000

It is video related try graphicsenabler=no, 

Thanks for the great walkthrough! I have an HD5450 that was working fully under 10.9.1. However, if I make any changes to AMD5000Controller.kext and reinstall using the Kext Utility on 10.9.2 my resolution drops to 800 x 600 and the responsiveness is very slow.  I can reinstall the 10.9.2 update and get the full resolution back, and some performance gains, but I am not getting full QE/CI.  

Here are the log files that appear after editing and reinstalling the kexts according the directions provided. 

Mar 14 18:57:59 jmacpro.local com.apple.kextd[19] <Error>: Can't load /System/Library/Extensions/ATI5000Controller.kext - failed to resolve dependencies.

Mar 14 18:57:59 jmacpro.local com.apple.kextd[19] <Error>: Load com.apple.kext.AMD5000Controller failed; removing personalities from kernel.
Mar 14 18:58:09 jmacpro.local com.apple.kextd[19] <Error>: WARNING - Invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX3000.kext"

Did you use the right values for the kext files ?? maybe stupid question and have you installed in the past other kext files related to video ?

ik_ben_Mark

ik_ben_Mark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

It is video related try graphicsenabler=no, 

Sorry I forgot to mention that, I did try GraphicsEnabler=No too

pepto

pepto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Sorry I forgot to mention that, I did try GraphicsEnabler=No too

Maybe you can try my extra.zip on page 1 post 10 put it on your USB stick and reboot. And which files are you using for booting USB Stick

ik_ben_Mark

ik_ben_Mark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Maybe you can try my extra.zip on page 1 post 10 put it on your USB stick and reboot. And which files are you using for booting USB Stick

I used the original mavericks file from the app store (in that mavericks file: Show Package Contents -> Contents -> SharedSupport -> InstallESD.dmg)

Your Install109.zip

And for Chameleon: http://www.insanelym...ameleon-22-svn/  ( Chameleon-2.2svn-r2377.pkg.zip)

And instead of using your ShowHiddenFiles utility, I used these lines:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

killall Finder

morpheousman

morpheousman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Need a little help here before I wind up screwing something up.

I cannot get my 760 set to "Allow Bluetooth Devices to Wake This Computer". The option is greyed out in the Bluetooth advanced options menu?

I can wake the computer with a wired keyboard or mouse, but not Bluetooth.

Also, I just did a small, inexpensive upgrade to my hackintosh that some of you might be interested in doing.

I found out that an inexpensive, generic, 3.5" Media Card Reader will fit just fine in place of the floppy disk drive. I just had to cutout a small piece of the plastic case on the bottom of the back of the card  reader where it would otherwise bump into the Ram Memory. Also, the 9-pin connector on the cord plugs in perfect in the back of the motherboard. I

t's a nice little upgrade you can do in about ten minutes, and it only costs about $5. :)

http://www.ebay.com/...33163066&_rdc=1

pepto

pepto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

I used the original mavericks file from the app store (in that mavericks file: Show Package Contents -> Contents -> SharedSupport -> InstallESD.dmg)
Your Install109.zip
And for Chameleon: http://www.insanelym...ameleon-22-svn/  ( Chameleon-2.2svn-r2377.pkg.zip)
killall Finder

Try the chameleon in my install109 zip file

pepto

pepto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Your Install109.zip
killall Finder

Hello Mark i have made a new Bootable USB Stick with myHack 3.3.1 which boot without problems for the Dell 780.
You must create the stick with myHack. If you wanna know howto make a bootable stick with myHack follow my tutorial for the Latitude E6320 but keep in mind that you use the extra for the optiplex 780.
You can find the link here http://www.insanelym...itude-e6320-i5/

I will also change the tutorial for the 780 for use with myHack but it will take a while.

morpheousman

morpheousman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Hello Mark i have made a new Bootable USB Stick with myHack 3.3.1 which boot without problems for the Dell 780.
You must create the stick with myHack. If you wanna know howto make a bootable stick with myHack follow my tutorial for the Latitude E6320 but keep in mind that you use the extra for the optiplex 780.

I will also change the tutorial for the 780 for use with myHack but it will take a while.

pepto, can you wake your computer with your bluetooth keyboard or mouse?

pepto

pepto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

pepto, can you wake your computer with your bluetooth keyboard or mouse?

I will check it tonight for you.

morpheousman

morpheousman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Seems many people are having Bluetooth issues, including wake from sleep. I have tried many fixes that I have found by searching, but so far, nothing works. :(

ik_ben_Mark

ik_ben_Mark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Hi Simon, thnx I will try that. But there is no DSDT and SSDT in the extra.zip file. Won't I need that? (I have the Optiplex 760)

And can I directly use 10.9.2 from the appstore instead of 10.9.0 or 10.9.1 (I'm making it for 10.9.2 right now, but I only can test it on saturday)

pepto

pepto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Hi Simon, thnx I will try that. But there is no DSDT and SSDT in the extra.zip file. Won't I need that? (I have the Optiplex 760)
And can I directly use 10.9.2 from the appstore instead of 10.9.0 or 10.9.1 (I'm making it for 10.9.2 right now, but I only can test it on saturday)

To boot from USB and install you dont need à dsdt and ssdt

thanser

thanser

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I have a Dell Optiplex 960 and I'm trying to fix the sleep recover problem.  Which of these kexts will fix the sleep recover issue?

Does this particular kext in question only work on Mavericks? 

Thanks!

ik_ben_Mark

ik_ben_Mark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

To boot from USB and install you dont need à dsdt and ssdt

I made a Mavericks installation usb following your other guide (but using the files from this topic) and got the same problems which I have on my laptop (with the right files) when I try to install Mavericks through MyHack

I get to the install screen and I can choose the language and continue. But when I continue, the installations stops, shows me the error log file and gives me the option to shut down, restart or view log.

This is the log file the system made when I tried to install 10.9.2:

Booted with -v -f and dutch language:

http://goo.gl/QBM6vS

I tried everything in both languages (NL and EN) but I guess all the errors are the same. I tried these flags (so both with NL and EN)

-v
-v -f
-v -x
-v -f -x
And Mavericks 10.9, 10.9.1 and 10.9.2

What goes wrong? How can I fix this?

morpheousman

morpheousman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

I will check it tonight for you.

Wake from BT  device fixed! :)

After many hours of searching, I finally got it fixed. It requires editing of the ioBluetoothFamily.Kext, and a supported device. My Cambridge Silicone Bluetooth would not work, it appears that some of the $5 dongles from China do not always have a compatible firmware. I bought a Rocketfish BT Dongle on eBay, (which has a Broadcom Chip), and I made the necessary edits in the kext.  "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer" is no longer grayed out in the BT advanced settings, and wake from BT now works! :)

Attached is my edited kext, which will work with a Broadcom Based BT Dongle, with Vender ID 0461, and Product ID 4D75.

I got the info here:

Attached Files

7 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy