[Guide] Mavericks 10.9.X - Dell Optiplex 780 (760)

pepto

307 posts in this topic

The clover install works right now only not for my 4k 500GB HDD so now i am using chameleon but when clover works with my 4K HDD i will switch to clover.

If the recovery works i have to test it, but i need it for find my mac.  

The clover install works right now only not for my 4k 500GB HDD so now i am using chameleon but when clover works with my 4K HDD i will switch to clover.

If the recovery works i have to test it, but i need it for find my mac.  

What about Wake/Sleep using my DSDT?, Do you have an install guide using Clover, I`d like to try (so sorry can`t wait until you figure out 4K HDD issue...)

Thx so much!...

Clover is just a bootloader like chameleon only you must configure your config.plist with the clover configurator thats all. First install osx on your HDD after that install clover on you HDD just like chameleon.
During installation clover choose customise  boot loader - install boot0af in MBR and install it, then with the clover configurator create your config.plist for dell thats it. Or use the config.plist in this post.

sleep/wake wth your DSDT is working flawlessly

had to add

<key>DSDT</key>
	<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>

to my org.chameleon.boot.plist

everything works with only 5 extra kexts:

voodoohda - sound

appleintele1000e - lan

eliottforcelegacyrtc - no bios reset

fakesmc - kernel panic

nullcpupowermanagement - kernel panic

now boots without -f switch - speeding up boot process significantly

overall performance seems higher than without dsdt

sleep/wake wth your DSDT is working flawlessly

had to add

<key>DSDT</key>
	<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>

to my org.chameleon.boot.plist

everything works with only 5 extra kexts:

voodoohda - sound

appleintele1000e - lan

fakesmc - kernel panic

nullcpupowermanagement - kernel panic

now boots without -f switch - speeding up boot process significantly

overall performance seems higher than without dsdt

Thx so much for reporting back, I know my DSDT works fine with Chameleon, I was referring to Pepto`s install using Clover.

Thank you all very much for your support!

After an extremely hectic week, with lots of formatting and system installations (a couple of systems at work started to malfunction at the same time), I found some time and gave another shot on Mavericks for my Dell 780. Everything works flawlessly!!! Audio, Graphics (I purchased a HD 5450 Sapphire), Network, AppStore updates and Sleep / Wake, thanks to lukin's DSDT and instructions at post #68 (thanks man :) ).

My only problem is that when my system wakes from sleep, ethernet doesn't wake up as well. No matter what I do, network is gone. I'm using AppelIntelE1000e.kext from Pepto's original post. Any idea how to correct it?

My only problem is that when my system wakes from sleep, ethernet doesn't wake up as well. No matter what I do, network is gone. I'm using AppelIntelE1000e.kext from Pepto's original post. Any idea how to correct it?

thats strange - i use the same kext and my lan is working after sleep/wake. maybe you do not have "EthernetBuiltIn=Yes" string in your config?

also you can try intel lan kext from post #30

i was able to boot without nullcpupowermanagement kext, so now i am using only 4 non-original:

voodoohda - sound

appleintele1000e - lan

fakesmc - kernel panic, sleep etc

I'll try the Intel kext as well. It seems though that a lot of people are facing this problem. In the hackintosh community I read that it manifests itself when the PC is connected to a gigabit switch (my case as well). But I found a lot of complaints from iMac and Macbook users. I'll have to try and see. FYI, the network I am accessing is not connected to the internet (office lan), and I'm connected with a static IP. Even ping is not working...

I'll try the Intel kext as well. It seems though that a lot of people are facing this problem. In the hackintosh community I read that it manifests itself when the PC is connected to a gigabit switch (my case as well). But I found a lot of complaints from iMac and Macbook users. I'll have to try and see. FYI, the network I am accessing is not connected to the internet (office lan), and I'm connected with a static IP. Even ping is not working...

I`m glad it went well this time around, put it to good use now :D ...our beast is a robust machine, don`t just take my word for it, can`t even remember last time i rebooted or shut it down (if i don`t really have to)...whenever i get tired of it, i just put it to sleep...and then with a click of a button, it`s there waiting for more tinkering...that`s how stable it is...

I had that ethernet problem, fixed it with "Intel82566MM.kext" (#post30).

I`m glad it went well this time around, put it to good use now :D ...our beast is a robust machine, don`t just take my word for it, can`t even remember last time i rebooted or shut it down (if i don`t really have to)...whenever i get tired of it, i just put it to sleep...and then with a click of a button, it`s there waiting for more tinkering...that`s how stable it is...

I had that ethernet problem, fixed it with "Intel82566MM.kext" (#post30).

Tried it myself today. Works like a charm!

If only I could find a driver for a rather old Panasonic Workio MFP we have at the office, which is our main printer, I would completely format my Windows installation  :lol: . But you're right. It boots in seconds (under a minute), and it shuts down / sleeps almost instantly! The Windows 7 installation I was talking about, although quite fresh (I have it a couple of days), and with the most basic programs we need at the office, just takes ages to become responsive after booting / waking up...

• Like 1

Make sure that after you do the the installation process and reboot, you choose to boot into your Mac installation on your Hard Drive, not back into your USB drive.

Thank you. That brought me to the idea to push Enter during bootup. In the guide this is optional but it seems to mandatory to get the boot option list. Thanks again.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Install the Ethernet kext from post #30, make sure you remove the IntelE1000.kext, and fix permissions

10.9.1 update works perfectly, no reinstalls required.

• Like 1

I`ve already uploaded all the kexts that I`m using right now....except maybe for those that come with myhack (which I used to create my installer)...anyway here goes;

AppleACPIPlatform.kext-------->>> without it, my system won`t boot! 
AppleHDADisabler.kext--------->>> sound fix works with VoodooHDA
VoodooHDA.kext---------------->>> sound fix
AppleLPC.kext------------------->>> edited infoplist to avoid dsdt hack
FakeSMC.kext------------------->>> Mandatory but also used for smbios and powernap 
IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext---->>> PowerNap fix
Intel82566MM.kext-------------->>> Ethernet fix
lspcidrv.kext---------------------->>> Myhack
Patched_10.7_AppleRTC.kext-->>> Myhack

Thanks for this, days of frustration ended right here :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody, just want to say thanks for this great tutorial, I have the same config as Pepto, Dell780/Saphire HD5450 1Gb.

After the install I couldn't get the VGA to work with just the settings provided in the tutorial, after modifying the video kexts I had to add the below to org.chameleon.Boot.plist witch got the VGA to work perfectly, full resolution and QE/CI:

<key>AtiConfig</key>

<string>Eulemur</string>

Another issue I had was the volume, it didn't work when moving the slider, which I fixed by installing the attached kext.

Also, I created the install disk with MyHack, using Mavericks 10.9 downloaded from AppStore and I also updated to 10.9.1 from AppStore with no issues.

I have 2 issues that I can't fix and I hope you can help me:

I fixed the Sleep/Wake problem with the DSDT provided in this thread but when the computer comes back from sleep my ethernet doesn't work anymore and I have to restart to get it to work. I installed the Intel82566MM.kext but didn't fix my problem, I have the ethernet built in set to yes.

Another thing that doesn't work for me is iMessage, can't login, I receive a message "Your Apple ID can't be used to set up iMessage at this time" when trying to login, I installed the FileNVRAM, reset the network profile, put my network on top of the list in network preferences, reset my Apple ID password, entered the ethernet hex to org.chameleon.Boot.plist  etc but nothing worked, still get the same message, my account is working on my macbook and iPhone so the problem is not the account itself. My iCloud and AppStore are working.

Happy New Year for everybody, cause this is the first post in 2014  :) , and hope you can help me with my issues.

VoodooHDA.kext.zip