[Guide] Mavericks 10.9.X - Dell Optiplex 780 (760)

dell mavericks 780 optiplex tutorial osx hd5450 trackpad pdf Simon

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

teonitro

teonitro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

hi all,

I have set up a this hackintosh on a Optiplex 780 desktop with 4GB RAM, ATI HD 5450 and apple magic keyboard and mouse in bluetooth.

I am in Maverick 10.9.4

All works except sleep mode. When my hackintosh go sleeping since a long time i try to wake up hiting the space bare but don't wake up. The bluetooth dongle is not powered.

So i push the power button and the desktop hang with number 2 & 3 in GREEN in front of Desktop.

I don't know if my dongle is compatible (TRENDnet TBW-107UB) or if a special setting is necessary in bios or in the OS.

Thanks to all for your help.

morpheousman

morpheousman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

hi all,

I have set up a this hackintosh on a Optiplex 780 desktop with 4GB RAM, ATI HD 5450 and apple magic keyboard and mouse in bluetooth.

I am in Maverick 10.9.4

All works except sleep mode. When my hackintosh go sleeping since a long time i try to wake up hiting the space bare but don't wake up. The bluetooth dongle is not powered.

So i push the power button and the desktop hang with number 2 & 3 in GREEN in front of Desktop.

I don't know if my dongle is compatible (TRENDnet TBW-107UB) or if a special setting is necessary in bios or in the OS.

Thanks to all for your help.

See post #140.

And check out this guide. :)

http://rampagedev.wo...e-on-bluetooth/

teonitro

teonitro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

thanks Morpheousman.

I have read all topics and and i have installed the dsdt.aml and extra file from Lukin for his files.

Sound level now works with keyboard. 

And sleep mode works also and just push the power button to wake up.

Now my only issue is about the power off. The Optiplex don't stop (power off). The power off don't work correctly. Before to load new extra files, that's work 

Any ideas ?

thanks Morpheousman.

I have read all topics and and i have installed the dsdt.aml and extra file from Lukin for his files.

Sound level now works with keyboard. 

And sleep mode works also and just push the power button to wake up.

Now my only issue is about the power off. The Optiplex don't stop (power off). The power off don't work correctly. Before to load new extra files, that's work 

Any ideas ?

teonitro

teonitro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

any UP for the shutdown problem with the dsdt.aml ?

all works except the shutdown process. The optiplex stay alive. The screen is black but the unit is powered without completly off.

If any kext or dsdt modified required help will appreciate....thanks a lot in advance

linuxrox

linuxrox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Guys,

has anyone upgraded to 10.9.5 ? After upgrading video card no longer worked so re-installed the kext files (that worked perfectly in 10.9.4) and now the system always panics on AMDRadeonX3000. Has anyone else seen this, any work around ?

Thank you

ernani

ernani

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Guys,

has anyone upgraded to 10.9.5 ? After upgrading video card no longer worked so re-installed the kext files (that worked perfectly in 10.9.4) and now the system always panics on AMDRadeonX3000. Has anyone else seen this, any work around ?

Thank you

As with any Mavericks update, I had to patch the display drivers (AMD5000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX3000.kext) as per instructions in the first post. But like every other time, it did work perfectly now (10.9.5). I'd advise against using the drivers from your backup of 10.9.4. Repatch those two files, copy them back in /S/L/E and rebuild the kernel caches (if you come from a myHack installation, run myHack), reboot and... hope for the better :)

Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Location:Toronto, Canada (Crack smoking Mayor Rob Ford's city)

I updated my OptiPlex 780 tower from 10.9.2 directly to 10.9.5 via Apple Update without any problems, nothing needed fixing.

Pavo

Pavo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Asus Maximus V Gene motherboard, i7 3770, 16Gb ram, EVGA GTX 770, ALC898 on board sound, PERC 5i...

Anyone have a patched DSDT for the Optiplex 780, or can tell me where to get the patches to patch my own

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dell, mavericks, 780, optiplex, tutorial, osx, hd5450, trackpad, pdf, Simon

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy