No sound with ALC883

jcalado

7 posts in this topic

Hi!

My motherboard is an old Asus P5k, with ALC883 sound.

Since moving up to the Mavericks GM i've lost the sound device.

I've tried tweaking my DSDT, and using chameleon's new found HDAEnabler abilities, but alas, i get no sound.

The furthest i could get to was having a device showing up in system information, complete with ports description, but no controls/device in system preferences/sound.

I have also tried patching AppleHDA with a patch-hda.pl script that supposedly is ready for 10.9.

Right now i'm back to having no sound, but an original AppleHDA.

Any tips on making this work?

Thanks so much!

I'm on P5K vanilla (no cross-flash to p5k-R, only patched bios).

The provided kext works but you also need 2 injectors (don't ask why it needs both - it just does):

- HDEFInject in Extra/Extensions/

- HDAEnabler in S/L/E/

- no dsdt patch required

Here's a link to the whole package

Edit Yosemite - almost workin solution http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite/page-57?do=findComment&comment=2093496

post-7528-0-74535000-1382864107_thumb.png

Hi unfortunately it does not work on my p5k (flashed with p5k-r bios) with alc883. I've installed the provided AppleHDA.kext from the given link and an HDAEnabler.kext from other sources. Do I need to delete the old HDAEnabler.kext? I Also modified the org.chameleon.Boot.plist with        

<key>HDAEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>

<string>0x0C</string>

but still no luck. Any Idea?

Thanks

I use asus p5k (flashed with p5k-r bios) as well on Mavericks and everything works. i use VoodooHda 0.2.61 version. Im sure u can get it in #####. Moved it from my ML ..installation. Nothing at all in my org.chameleon.Boot.list - mine looks like this

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string></dict>

Hope this helps.

Hi zeeyzee I installed VoodooHDA 0.2.61 from xxx but my system crashes and I needed to restore it. Maybe I need to delete AppleHDA.kext before installing VodooHDA. I confirm VoodooHDA 0.2.61 is working flawlessly and no org.chameleon.Boot.plist changes needed! Thanks