Asus X79-Deluxe

33 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

Rampage Dev, I'd like to thank you for your guide and the files for this board on your dmg, I got Mavericks installled. Some important things to note:

1. The guide didn't have any information about Ivy Bridge-E specific installation, so I fumbled around at first. Turns out you need to take the mach kernel file (it's present on the dmg) and it needs to be copied twice. The first time you'll replace the one on the flash drive, the second time - the one on your installed system. This is necessary until the new Mac Pro is released. I know that you know this, I'm just saying for other people because this information needs to be made very clear.

2. My installation would freeze up without GraphicsEnabler=No. This wasn't mentioned in the guide and it took me some time to identify that this was the right fix. Some distributions like iAtkos have a list of common issues and troubleshooting tips, it's very helpful to have that kind of information on hand (just a suggestion for the guide).

To anyone trying a similar build, you should know that the first part of the installation looks like it's frozen but it's actually not. It took about 12 minutes for the install to get to the Welcome screen. First the screen is light grey with nothing going on for about 5 mins, then dark grey with the mouse cursor for about 5 more mins.

Now that it's installed:

Intel ethernet kext (from the dmg) causes kernel panic on boot very frequently. Not all the time, but very often.

I downloaded a kext for the realtek ethernet from osx86.net, will try it out.

Thank you guys for all your research.

I noticed you've got your system up and running and I'm hoping you can help me. I have the same motherboard and CPU (Asus X79 Deluxe and i7 4390K).

I'm a complete newb and would appreciate anyone giving me a step-by-step on how to get this installed, up and running with OS X10.9. I noticed you have given instruction and I'm sure for most people they are more than adequate. I just have no idea at all and really need a step-by-step.

Many thanks,
Koo

I noticed you've got your system up and running and I'm hoping you can help me. I have the same motherboard and CPU (Asus X79 Deluxe and i7 4390K).

I'm a complete newb and would appreciate anyone giving me a step-by-step on how to get this installed, up and running with OS X10.9. I noticed you have given instruction and I'm sure for most people they are more than adequate. I just have no idea at all and really need a step-by-step.

Many thanks,
Koo

Here:

http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/os-x-10-8-mountain-lion/

Then use my X79 DMG for post install. 

• 1 month later...

Many thanks,
Koo

No, I haven't got around to play more with Bluetooth yet. My hunch is that instructions in this post would be a good place to start though.

Hey there, everything seems to be working fine here.

Haven't tried configuring bluetooth yet. Did you manage to sort it out eventually?

Hi guys congratulations on this build - I'm really impressed. I have my heart set on this mobo and cpu config. Was thinking of adding a GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5. What do you think? 

Also would love to hear your geekbench scores. Any goes at overclocking?

Lastly how do things look with the onboard WIFI, is it a viable solution?

Many thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...