Help needed getting PCI WiFi adapter working

loismustdie555

30 posts in this topic

I have a Qualcomm Atheros (Vendor ID = 168c) AR922X Wireless Network Adapter (Device ID = 0029)

And I can't find any kexts to get it working. Any help would be appreciated.

Any extra info needed I can give upon request. Again, I'm a bit of a noob.

Try the first download then the second if the first does not work

• Like 1

you could add the id to the AirPortAtheros40.kext in IO80211Family.kext PlugIns folder as pci168c,29

@ameris_cyning, not trying to troll you :P

And every update after that he will have to re-add it

Wifiinjectors are best

And no, I don't think you are trying to troll me

Thanks. Just woke up after sleeping for 18 hours lol.  I'm installing now. I'll come back and tell you guys if it worked.

EDIT: Neither one worked. Should I unplug my Ethernet cable before (or after) boot? And, should I remove my EthernetBuiltIn flag from my boot.plist?

EDIT 2: So I unplugged my ethernet before boot and no luck. Then I unplugged it after boot. And no luck. I haven't tried removing my EthernetBuiltIn flag. I'm not sure I want to unless I have to. Any ideas?

EDIT 3: I tried removing the flag from my boot.plist out of curiosity. And it did nothing. Still scratching my head as to what the problem is. Any ideas? I even opened the wifi injector kext and noticed the pci ids for my card weren't in it so I edited the .plist inside with Xcode and saved it and reinstalled the kext. Still nothing.

I may have given you the wrong file. lol.
If I did just tell me what you need. :)
And I went digging in the "AtherosWiFiInjector.kext" and noticed my pci and device ids weren't in the .plist. I added them and rebooted and still no luck. Hopefully your patched DSDT works when you finish it. Thanks much for helping. I've searched for hours on how to do the DSDT edit myself and I get nowhere. Guides for it aren't making sense to me at all.

Never mind my last request.

Here's your DSDT patched to inject a fake (and hopefully compatible) device id for your card.

Please revert back to the stock kexts without *any* modifications before using this DSDT.

Place the DSDT in the /Extra folder and reboot.

DSDT.aml.zip

Hmm, thats strange!! Its still detecting the device id as 29.

As a desperate last attempt, here's the kext with your device name added to it. 

Delete the following:

- any DSDT

- The IO802 kext from /System/Library/Extensions

- Any injector you installed

Install the attached kext and boot with -f

IO80211Family.kext.zip

• Like 1

It STILL doesn't work. This is pissing me off. 

I just bought a TPLink TL-WN725N WiFi dongle. Is there any kexts for that? I know it's off topic (Sorta) but any help would be appreciated.

Next time, check the wiki before you go buying things.

There is a list of working hardware for Mavericks here: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.9_Seeds

And, this hardware should work in Mavericks (in theory): http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.8.1