• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

TheDirTchamber

TheDirTchamber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Hi guys. Since I couldn't find a solution in the other threads, I'm asking here for some help in updating my OSX installation to 10.9. Right now, I'm on 10.8.5 and I got the GM dmg, so I'm trying to update. I copied the "app" from the dmg to another partition and launched the installer, but I can't select the partition for the installation because of the MBR error. 

I also tried creating a USB installer with myhack, but I don't have the "Create OSX installer" option in the menu. The USB stick is properly formatted and partitioned, so that's not the problem. I did managed to "build" the stick using another method, with Chameleon and everything, but I can't boot from it, the screen flashes (black) and there's no disk activity.

So my question is: what can I do to update? Obviously, without wiping the HDD and repartitioning as GUID. Thank you. :)

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,555 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco

hello

take a look here

http://www.insanelym...icks-mbr-patch/

good hack

TheDirTchamber

TheDirTchamber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Did that already, doesn't help at all. If I apply the patch to the USB stick, I get the flashing thing I was talking about at boot, so it's useless. If I replace the patched files, manually, in the GM build, I get an error about damaged build or something and that I should re-download it. So...useless... 

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,555 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco

hello

u must read about it... u can't mess with image...

good hack

TheDirTchamber

TheDirTchamber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

I did, I followed all the instructions in every damn method, but I still can't get the installer go over the partition selection screen. Or boot from a USB stick.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mavericks, update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy