Windows7 on new harddrive?

jlfilms

14 posts in this topic

So i picked up a seagate 250gb for windows7 64bit to play games on and other various things.  My question is where do i start with the install procedure? I know i have to get a USB and Use bootcamp assistant or somthing like that to make it bootable then Just plugin hard drive and install it? obviously before formatting it to windows format. Do i have to change any bios settings? like AHCI ? for my hackintosh portion of my pc.?

500GB- OSX 10.8.5

250GB- (id like windows7 64bit- Unless you guys rec. somthin else?)

I have an extra sata cable, but im not sure how to setup clover to show the windows drive too.

Thanks for any help!

I format it as MBR MS DOS fat correct? for windows , ? Im using disk utility to format it now. then im kinda not sure how best way to intall it is , to either use bootcamp assitant with usb or just boot to that hd with usb? or?

Don't touch it. I recommend leaving it completely uninitialized and let the Windows installer initialize and do what ever it wants to it.

Also, this Hackintosh thing has gone to your head. You're installing Windows on a PC, you don't use Boot Camp for that!

If you're getting Windows 7 as a DVD image, use this tool from Microsoft to build a bootable USB installer. It's faster than burning it to DVD.

Of course you need Windows to do that...just run it on someone else's PC.

Reboot your head. No tutorials are needed lol, you're installing Windows on a PC!

Plug in your flash drive, point the Microsoft tool to your DVD image and let it run.

Then boot from your flash drive to start the installation. Use the your motherboard's built-in boot selector.

Make sure you pick the right hard drive during the installation process!

I got it installed easily but i see system reserve, and my windows hd when im on my MAC OSX drive, jus curious if theres way to hide them or what?

also clover shows 2 windows options, so i kinda wanna hide the other.