[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

@liteon6x, did you use the yosemite final release or any beta? I've created the usb card plenty of times but booting with clover provided by zip in the tut it always goes stuck during install hanging with a forbidden white logo. I'm on the same hardware version of your, but I still stop on that.

Alrighty, I'll write up a SP2 guide ASAP.

I'll assume that the reader is starting with a unpartitioned drive booting windows and provide steps all the way to booting with clover directly from the internal SSD, I'll do my best to make it absolutely fool-proof ;)

The only thing the user will need beforehand is a way to create a Yosemite bootable stick (so access to a mac or hackintosh). In my experience VMware solutions are problematic.

Hopefully ill have it ready in the next 24 hrs.

• Like 1

@lilha

Thank you sooo much really, I'm excited and I can't wait

I agree completely with VMware being problematic, I had one created on the SP2 not only does it not read USB 3.0 flash drives but when using a USB 2.0...transfer rates for the replacing "packages" and "extensions" took forever! I had estimated time to be around 4hrs !

Anyways I'll get my hand a Mac just to make the bootable disk:

But if u explain that properly also that would be fantastic!

Thank you in advance

@liteon6x, did you use the yosemite final release or any beta? I've created the usb card plenty of times but booting with clover provided by zip in the tut it always goes stuck during install hanging with a forbidden white logo. I'm on the same hardware version of your, but I still stop on that.

Ahhh, a fellow  I5 4300u SP2 user . Asd0rr, I know the exact error you are talking about , for I faced it too. However,  you are not doing anything wrong in terms of the procedure,  the error has to do with the USB drive you are using. if you have a USB hub, connect the drive to that and then boot thru the HUB. If you don't have a HUB then your only alternative is to use a different USB  drive.

But hopefully your problem stops there.

For I am having a terrible experience with the spinning beach ball,  post installation.

I would love if you could complete your installation and share your results.

Ps, I am using the final build of Yosemite.

Alrighty, I'll write up a SP2 guide ASAP.

I'll assume that the reader is starting with a unpartitioned drive booting windows and provide steps all the way to booting with clover directly from the internal SSD, I'll do my best to make it absolutely fool-proof ;)

The only thing the user will need beforehand is a way to create a Yosemite bootable stick (so access to a mac or hackintosh). In my experience VMware solutions are problematic.

Hopefully ill have it ready in the next 24 hrs.

@liliha

please post your guide as a new thread on the installation guides section.

thanks ;)

@liliha

please post your guide as a new thread on the installation guides section.

thanks ;)

Forgot to mention a critical bit of info ! The files shared by pokenguyen are needed for the guide (naturally). 

I have attempted to message him without success, something about he cannot receive messages?

Should a write the guide and simply link to the post where he has shared the files?

@liliha

I think just write the guide with the names of the required files u needed/use in "quotations" in there corresponding steps or something. Maybe u can upload them urself at the bottom of ur guide!

But that's just my opinion...

Btw thank u again, I am very very excited!

Just use a link ;)

I think no one is going to worry...

just remember to write in the guide that the Files Package is by PokenGuy ;)

Perfect, I'll have the guide ready ASAP

@Jahstories

Thank you very much, you actually have been a great help

but regarding installing clover on the MicroSD, when I power on while holding down the Volume down will the surface actually read  Clover off the MicroSD, or is it just programmed in the BIOS to boot from USB or SSD?

I've try it, you can boot with a micro SD like with another disk.

Hey did u have to format the microsd to Mac OS extended & guid partion table ? How u do it?

Yes when you install Mavericks, you format the micro SD to MacOs extended & guid partition table with the disk utility include on the "OSX Base System" USB key.

Hey guys, question to everyone that has Mavericks or Yosemite installed on either Surface pro 1 or 2:

Does USB 3.0 devices work on ur machines through your USB3.0 port (not using usb 2.0 hub)? If yes, how was the previously fixed?

The has Bluetooth been fixed? I saw a fix under mikespick guid but I don't know if that fix works for Yosemite also and if it's only for CPU 4200 or also CPU 4300?

How is ppl solving the brightness issue?

Thanks guys,

(SurfaceProOSX)

just tow problems now:

1: audio; after login i saw the speaker for just seconds in black and then it switch to a gray one.

no applehdadisabler kext has bin load, some ideas because which one if have to use?

(this problem start at "thunderbolt update by apple"

2: update; thunderbolt update by apple; since some weeks this update pops up by store.

i installed them but every restart it comes up again, any ideas how to fix this.

thanks guys for answers!

(SurfaceProOSX)

just tow problems now:

1: audio; after login i saw the speaker for just seconds in black and then it switch to a gray one.

no applehdadisabler kext has bin load, some ideas because which one if have to use?

(this problem start at "thunderbolt update by apple"

2: update; thunderbolt update by apple; since some weeks this update pops up by store.

i installed them but every restart it comes up again, any ideas how to fix this.

thanks guys for answers!

You must repair the permissions and rebuild caches after reinstall AppleHDA again. I advise you to use pandora: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302220-pandoras-box-20-roll-out/