[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

(surface2osx) (4200u)

the user @pimentelx86 here give a solution for power management.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295587-power-management-for-sandy-and-ivy-bridger/

Though he is not sure if it works on haswell processors, he tested it in one, and worked fine.

As i understand form the script it gives the system your processor limitation so it can adgust , the current needs of OS , to the processor clock, and not take full power all the time.

Not sure if its so sophisticated , hopefuly it is.

If somenone of the local guru's could take a look would be appreciated

If the wifi adaptor of macbook air and pro's through bootcamp are compatible with windows, should work "vice versa" with our surface wifi adaptor. Sure harder than it sounds , but still possible.

edit. im updating this post while searching

Im making a research right now about wifi drivers and i've found some interesting things which may help,

there are some tools, list of compatible adapter, pci etc..

http://www.seattlewireless.net/MacOS

here is a topic about marvell driver on mac which is open source.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/15700-marvell-yukon-8001-the-driver/?hl=yukon

here are some other tools that MAY help compatibility of ethernet, never know.

http://www.sustworks.com/sb_site/products.html

developer tips for the a network driver for mac os x

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/DeviceDrivers/Conceptual/NetworkDriver/4_Writing%20the%20Driver/NetworkController.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40000913-CH204-DontLinkElementID_14

-apple open source projects

http://www.opensource.apple.com/release/mac-os-x-1085/

-one of the projects listed in the above link is a network project, this one:

http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/IONetworkingFamily/IONetworkingFamily-85.2/

another open source tool for network and other drivers

http://meinit.nl/using-virtualbox-mac-os-x

this is what i have found .. for now :dev:

hope will be helpful

@uhoh

1. this is not a step by step installation guide site for dummies it's a hackintosh site, so sit down read every page and try to understand, maybe then doing this instead of following click per click guide you could accidentally fix something and bring it back to the community.
  2. i haven't erased anything i just asked... and he kindly removed the extra stuff.
  3. i had some bad times when i tried to install osx without any guide.
  4. if you can't install clover  or you are stuck with something else don't get mad with the guide but search the web or the site. don't post here! ex. my surface is hot! -> powermanagment haswel (search)
  5. if you don't succeed the installation it's your folk not guide or filepackage!
  6. i don't want a thread with 500 pages where users asks how to make their mouses click.
  7. again, READ THE FULL TOPIC.

this thread (and even the forum too) have rules:

1. use a badge to ask for help,
  2. put your hardware in the signature,
  3. welcome yourself

@marvellrick

Thx for the info, but i think we already knew....

and please use the badges and write down your's signature please,

the first surface pro already got proper powermanagement and speedstep since v0.2 (the actual files pack)

• Like 1

(surface2osx)

While following the guide for the appstore, I follow the steps given but to no avail. However, is it possible that because im using a thumbdrive wifi that requires a realtek driver that its preventing the steps from working? Should I uninstall the driver then reinstall it with the steps? 

thanks for reporting osxlander ;)

@thatoneging

it seems that apple had changed serial activation steps

so icloud and appstore access should be harder than usually

so even if you are following rehabman's guide of nullethernet correctly you could still have issues, sorry.

thanks for reporting osxlander ;)

@thatoneging

it seems that apple had changed serial activation steps

so icloud and appstore access should be harder than usually

so even if you are following rehabman's guide of nullethernet correctly you could still have issues, sorry.

I don't know if it is significant, but you should be sure to randomize the MAC address...

@JahStories,

1. I just found out what had really happened and proceeded to edit my previous post immediately.
  2. Without knowing the above, the only info I had last night was that you had osxlander edit his post - if you do not want people to jump to conclusions, provide proper information.
  3. Please do not make assumptions about either me, the help I may or may not need ("Genius Bar", "klicks", really???), or what part of this thread I did or did not read.
  4. Your guide, while extremely helpful and, as already mentioned, very much appreciated, is incomplete - as simple as that. If you can't take constructive criticism, I suggest you stay off the internet.

(surface2osx)

@Jahstories

Is there anywhere that a list of minor bugs can be listed to see if its a common trend? I have searched on the forums for a few issues and havent seem to find what I need to look for. I have a small list of small bugs that may be common or just with my surface. I also dont want to clog up forum space for minor issues that may be able to be solved relatively easy.

every hackintosh have little minor bugs

but if you want you can make and take care of an editable google doc where everyone can track surfacepro bugs.

it' a great idea but i haven't got time to do it or mantain it 

@uhoh

:rofl:

@JahStories

Then I will make one other in a bit, or after practice around 630. It would help, it's at least something I can do for this forum. I feel bad only offering some help to some and testing things, rather than actually working to fixing some of the more important things. After I make it ill post it and put it in my sig.

EVERYONE:

This is a link to a google doc where bugs will be listed. It will be edited to be more user friendly, but I am busy for a few hours, should have it finished tonight. Thanks for your time folks!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtmZ9yD4ChkRdGMtREJVVVVYQTVCV0xFZ2lPaFFqMXc&usp=sharing

• Like 2

Bug sheet has been started with a few things, I'll try to make it look nice. Please keep it clean and don't alter anything except for what you are adding. This should help with clutter in the forum and also help people find multiple solutions in one spot. Thanks all.

(surfaceosx)

I forget who posted something about usbpower command line???  I tried to go to that github and download but can't seem to get it running....open terminal and went to the directory where I saved it but I don't see anything in my download that is "executable".  Any help would be appreciated.

I have the same issue when I remove the USB Wifi and put it back in, nothing is recognized.  

I also still have my "inactive" iMessage problem and can't figure out why!!!!  ARRRG.  For someone on Surface Pro 1 that has app store and iMessage/facetime working each time you log into your computer, can you tell me if you did anything special in Clover Configurator??

@marvellrick

Thx for the info, but i think we already knew....

and please use the badges and write down your's signature please,

the first surface pro already got proper powermanagement and speedstep since v0.2 (the actual files pack)

i was refairing to the surface 2 pro, excusez moi.

also.

@jahstories: this is not a step by step installation guide site for dummies it's a hackintosh site, so sit down read every page and try to understand, maybe then doing this instead of following click per click guide you could accidentally fix something and bring it back to the community

that's one, and logical can say, point of view...

a step by step guide though, even for dummies,(with videos at youtube) could attract more users to it and as a consequence , greater popularity and finally will attract the attention of more serious coders out there.

at the other side these tutorials needs time to be done, but i think in depth of time, "its time efficient" and its worth it.

(SurfacePro)

Hi guys just wanted to know if any one els has had any problems with the surface not turning on.

I restarted the power at about 37% and it turned back on with the battery low logo then turned off my power adapter is working fine. Know it won't turn on at all. If any one has a suggestion, Microsoft said that they will replace it but could be two weeks.

My real concern is if they do replace it are they going to be unhappy in Iv messed with the boot loader and installed other another OS

(SurfacePro)

Hi guys just wanted to know if any one els has had any problems with the surface not turning on.

I restarted the power at about 37% and it turned back on with the battery low logo then turned off my power adapter is working fine. Know it won't turn on at all. If any one has a suggestion, Microsoft said that they will replace it but could be two weeks.

My real concern is if they do replace it are they going to be unhappy in Iv messed with the boot loader and installed other another OS

My guess is the fault is from the surface getting so hot while running osx even with the v0.2 power management fix

I got my self out of an free upgrade to a pro 2 by fixing the problem with a long google.

To fix:

Hold power button for 10sec to force power off

Hold power and volume up for 10sec

Turn on surface

This worked.

Do I need to do any thing apart from copy the v0.2 file to the efi partion and then reboot with injected kext?