[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

Stereo,

my tutorial is linked to off of the first post and also back one page, Its really more of an outline and not step by step.

The most important thing to get working is the sbsign tool. You will need to read the thread and not the install or readme.

You don't need to compile anything you can just copy the pre-compiled binary and .lib files to /use/bin and /use/lib, respectively.

You will have to make sure to have the proper programing invironment set up on your Mac before you'll be able to get it to run.

Once you can run the sbsigntool from the command line without error you should be fine. Then just continue with my instructions as

best you can. :-)

• 3 weeks later...

(surfaceosx)

On a Surface Pro 1st Gen 128 GB no microSD

Hello,

So I have created a Clover USB Drive, installed Mavericks from the drive to my Surface (on a partition of the SSD, ~90 GB big)

Windows 10 is installed on another partition of the SSD.

After the installation: when I boot up the installed OS X Mavericks without caches and with injected kexts, i get stuck at the Bluetooth controller line, as discussed earlier in this thread.

When I boot up OS X without any injected kexts etc. I see the Apple Logo and then i get a kernel panic saying sth about this:

"Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2422.115.4/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1533"

In both cases the graphic injector fixes mentioned in the instructions don't make OS X boot up.

I've read the whole discussion and somebody had this problem earlier but the discussion ended without a solution.

Any ideas, can someone please help me ? I'm stuck here since 1.5 weeks ...

apoll200, 

what version of Mavericks are you using ? I was stuck at the same spot could not figure out why the guide wasn't working for 3 weeks come to find out you need 10.9.0 -10.9.2 if you recently d/l it from app store it will be 10.9.5 found this out the hard way but had a old copy on a old drive...  now if I can get secure boot working it's been a month and confusion... 

it was d/l when it was released but i misplaced it and got the new one from app store it wasn't until others had the same issues that I went looking for it... for some reason the install will hang at Graphics or using 10.10 graphics kext was able to get it to boot but no QE  but QE  works if upgrading from 10.9.2  I have  SP2  so results my differ .

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

Sorry I've been away from the forum for a bit. If you get an Ubuntu install going you could try and sign the Mac os x binaries from its sbsigntool install. Worth a try I guess, not sure it will work :-) I am running 10.9.2 on rev2 sp2, and it was a struggle to find the correct versions of programming tools that would allow me to run the sbsign on Mac, that is the biggest challenge. I had to download the correct tools from apple's dev site.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

(surface2osx) i5 4300u 128GB SSD 4GB RAM

Thanks macspike for your guide.

I've been able to install and boot into osx 10.9.2

However, it is very slow sluggish and unresponsive in the OS.

I see the spinning wheel when I launch safari, open a folder,

About This Mac.

I have already tried reinstalling all patched texts with kext wizard

And also repaired permissions and cache.

Please help me make the osx smoother?

What should I do? I have already installed it 3 times ?

• 2 weeks later...

(Macburner)

you might be better off going to 10.1.11 as I had quite a few issues with 10.9.5 and went to 10.11.3using some of the SP3 kext it runs pretty smooth except could not get power management to work correctly otherwise very smooth!

Interesting stereo068....do u have a link to the guide and SP3 kexts?

• 3 months later...

Surface Pro 2

I have OS X Mavericks 10.9 installed on my Surface Pro 2 4300u. I am having issues with NullEthernet (Rehabmans) not working properly on my Surface. I have installed Avastar kext for Bluetooth. Also added the ralink2870 driver with Bear Extender to connect via WiFi. Since I have removed all devices from Network. Removed networksettings.plist as-well as any network related kexts. i use kext utility to add the nullethernet kexts(both) and load them just fine. Reboot without kexts and injections still get no option for Ethernet in Network Settings. Am I doing something wrong? I also do understand about the serial number and how to  generate them, but that is irrelevant if I cannot even get Ethernet to show in my Network Prefs to get a valid serial for the Appstore/Facetime etc. 

Edit

Got it was having an issue compiling my dsdt

Edited by DO3SHA

• 8 months later...

Hi! This guide was amazing! I have an Microsoft Surface Pro 2 256gb SSD working like a charm on OSX Yosemite and trying the Touch Base drivers right now (they seem to work really well!).

Thanks for all the efforts!

Now, first some explanation and then the question:

This is the second Surface Pro 2 I have. The first one has a 128Gb SSD so I couldn't use OSX because of the well known freeze problem with that specific SSD. So I got another with 256gb, buoght via Amazon. It came and it is almost new! just one little scratch in one edge. 

So, this 256Gb machine is having just one problem: The (not well documented) blinking orange light on the right of the tablet, inside the vents. 

As I found in some posts, it appears that it's a big problem... Some said it was the video, etc. Most of the people recommended and/or sent the machine to Microsoft. In my case, it's late for that and also I live in Argentina, so it's almost impossible to send it to them.

What I have found is that when I use a Windows 8.1 USB (not an installer but an installation) the orange light doesn't blink, it is off. Whenever I load OSX from my SSD the light starts blinking. Nothing more happens, everything goes well!

Also, if I enter into the BIOS it also starts to blink.

I checked CPU Temp and it's on 60°C. Using a video benchmark test it goes up to 80°C. 

Also I did the Microsoft Diagnose Tool and it came with an error in the Microsoft Assesment Test - (DX DMA Error) most of the time but not always.

When I check the first Surface Pro 2 128Gb with the same test, I get the same error but less frequently.

Now for the question: Do you have the same blinking light in your Surface Pro 2? 

Thanks!